Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
Lewis
Our off road vehicle
 
Lewis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 198
Hi all-

Just paypaled Tony for the shipping on the cluster to the US - costs so far 248 eBay for the cluster and shipping to Tony - and 44 to ship the cluster from Tony to me.

Fingers and toes crossed (boy that makes it tough to type!)

Lewis

Last edited by Lewis; 10-05-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
puetato89
Just call me Ray, better?
 
puetato89's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: orlando
Posts: 1,056
Send a message via AIM to puetato89
not 2 shabby on the typing
__________________


puetato89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
*MAD DOG*
 
*MAD DOG*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 6,412
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Update:

Running late for work, will check my paypal account at work and post the cluster some time today after work (2:45 Pm).
__________________


"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
*MAD DOG*
 
*MAD DOG*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 6,412
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Update:

Payment confirmed in paypal account. Will ship today
__________________


"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN
 
Sodium Duck's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 999
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
This is better than hockey.
__________________
42.88
Sodium Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Lewis
Our off road vehicle
 
Lewis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 198
the suspense builds............................................ .....(to be continued)
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
the suspense builds............................................ .....(to be continued)
I think when you receive it you need to come up to Connecticut with it to test it out and figure out the wiring to get the ambient temperature, etc. fed to it.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
Lewis
Our off road vehicle
 
Lewis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 198
That is a very kind offer CT- if and when it arrives safely from OZ I intend to take you up on it.

You've forget more about auto electronics then I'll ever know!

And I still think your solution makes great sense for many of us- I would love to not have to have my car reprogrammed by the dealer after this is done to get the kph to mph and the odometer correct.

I guess I'd refer to this solution as "the high priced spread".

But I do think some people can and would pay the price for something spiffy and unique and if this works out - it will be both!

Now for daily breakfast updates until it arrives- many bagels and coffee I imagine- any one know how long it takes to recieve a package from Australia? I guess we're about to find out.

Lewis
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #9
1NZYaris1
 
1NZYaris1's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,565
Should take about 8-10 days if sent airmail prioritywith out tracking number .
0r 6-8 if you have a tracking number
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #10
Lewis
Our off road vehicle
 
Lewis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 198
That's about 7 bagels time- thanks 1NZYaris1

Last edited by Lewis; 10-05-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #11
enviri
 
enviri's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 1,520
lol i wanna drive up there too with beer/pizza and see things go poof :D lol
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
advocate
 
Drives: car
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: location
Posts: 1,033
You mean *poof* as it magically inserts itself perfectly into the car, adjusts to MPH and his odometer, and displays "please drive me!" right?
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN
 
Sodium Duck's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 999
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
Uh oh, I think there might be a party in the works...
__________________
42.88
Sodium Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #14
CTScott
ULTIMATE
 
CTScott's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 13,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodium Duck View Post
Uh oh, I think there might be a party in the works...
I think so. This could be bigger than the tree lighting at Rockefeller Center.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #15
*MAD DOG*
 
*MAD DOG*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 6,412
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Update:

Purchased bubblewrap for cluster so I can pack it properly for international shipping.
__________________


"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #16
*MAD DOG*
 
*MAD DOG*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 6,412
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
There's no need to reflash unless you want to. However you probably want to swap Km/h for Mp/h.
__________________


"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #17
Lewis
Our off road vehicle
 
Lewis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 198
not counting these until they hatch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2289265124_53790d103d.jpg (160.1 KB, 135 views)
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
puetato89
Just call me Ray, better?
 
puetato89's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: orlando
Posts: 1,056
Send a message via AIM to puetato89
plane tickets?? i got a place 2 stay if some one will pay for the ticket
__________________


puetato89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY - Change your Gauge Cluster Color vodkalush DIY / Maintenance / Service 89 04-29-2019 09:41 AM
FS: Gauge Cluster from '09 LB- $150 MGargano Items for Sale by private party 14 10-05-2009 12:59 PM
Shifter knob/gauge cluster color DevilGirl Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 3 08-11-2009 10:18 PM
Sedan Instrument Cluster to LB Instrument Cluster Malaya1221 Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 2 12-02-2008 10:05 PM
CLUSTER LIGHTS WENT OUT Go4th DIY / Maintenance / Service 23 01-25-2007 11:37 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.