Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #1009
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Reportedly, the Yaris has been ranked among the top most fuel efficient cars and awarded accordingly by the Fed at the recent Torronto Auto Show. Beneath is the link to the relevant video. If you are interested, click the link, wait a few seconds for the announcer/commercial to finish and the show to start, then move the seek button under the screen toward the end of the TV program (i.e. the 51th minute of the 58-minute show) to skip the lengthy materials irrelevant for this post and you will see the Yaris right there.
http://www.robtv.com/servlet/HTMLTem...p1/h/220asf///
Interesting enough, the Honda Fit, reportedly, won a similar award on the same occasion in the Station Wagon Class.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:06 AM   #1010
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by swng View Post
...in the Station Wagon Class.

'Nuff said.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #1011
swng

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
'Nuff said.
Yes !!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #1012
dansides

Drives: 07 3 dr
121 mi trip run at about 55 to 60 for 60miles and 50 to 55 for 60 mi got 37.8mpg scan gauge. highest reading i saw was 43.1 mpg on first 60 miles
dansides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #1013
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
I've been too embarassed lately to post my MPG numbers. Well they have been around 27-29MPG. It is pretty cold in the mornings. I drive it nice and easy while the cool light is on. I stomp on is some after that. Still this sucks!
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #1014
swng

For regular visitors to this thread, if you are already too familiar with advices like these:http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/fuelalrt.pdf, then please try reading these:http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/transportatio...attr=8#monthly.
If you are already too familiar with all the linked advices, please post here more because I, and probably many other members, will like to share your knowledge and experience.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:16 PM   #1015
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Man.... 200 kilometers to go down to half a tank, and I'm now at 250 and only have 2 bars left, and I've been driving in much the same manner... weird... I usually refuel at this point, but I'll wait for one bar this time.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:02 AM   #1016
leowhy

Drives: Yaris 1.5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Man.... 200 kilometers to go down to half a tank, and I'm now at 250 and only have 2 bars left, and I've been driving in much the same manner... weird... I usually refuel at this point, but I'll wait for one bar this time.
i consider this number is not surprising as this has been my readings so far for 100% city driving...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #1017
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
When I drive: 12.24 KM/L, 8.17 L/100km, 28.76 MPG (US)
When the wife drives: 14.74 KM/L, 6.78 L/100km, 34.65 MPG (US)

Same basic driving circumstances (80% city, 20% highway), just a slightly different driving style :P

There's effectively no driving law enforcement here at all, and even if you did get clocked speeding it's a $10 fine ($5 if you pay at the "window") with no demerit point system. I'm just taking advantage of it all before they change their minds :)
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:23 PM   #1018
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
When I drive: 12.24 KM/L, 8.17 L/100km, 28.76 MPG (US)

There's effectively no driving law enforcement here at all, and even if you did get clocked speeding it's a $10 fine ($5 if you pay at the "window") with no demerit point system. I'm just taking advantage of it all before they change their minds :)
WOW! Fucking awesome in Thailand. Jesus christ.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:35 PM   #1019
Racer X-8
Races Little Red Wagons

Drives: red '07 Yaris liftback auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar View Post
Mmmm...well, speaking of JC, just don't go there speaking too favoritively of any monotheocratic beliefs, and He's not one of them.
Racer X-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:47 PM   #1020
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
if off topic, i hate the digital gas gauge. i would like to see a gauge which shows a better accurate level. a one bar am I really one bar or sort of second bar, know what i mean!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:28 PM   #1021
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X-8 View Post
Mmmm...well, speaking of JC, just don't go there speaking too favoritively of any monotheocratic beliefs, and He's not one of them.
haha! And I'm an passionate atheist too... i could cause some problems!
Old 02-21-2007, 03:45 AM   #1022
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar View Post
Well, it has it's downsides too - the lack of any enforcement of any driving laws, and readily purchasable driving licenses breeds a different type of driver - one that has NFI! Driving here is more often than not survival vs. enjoyment LOL. Thus, I take every available oppty to enjoy driving :)

As for , well apart from the two times a year they put on a DUI blitz (during the Christian and Thai new years), the rest of the time the only test you'll be put to is whether you make it home in one piece or not. Can make for an interesting mobile obstacle course at times..

Anyways, that's just the tip of the iceberg when looking at what constitutes driving fun in Thailand - I haven't even started on the busses and trucks that know no lanes, or the drivers that insist on driving up the shoulder the wrong way, or the motorcycles that have no idea you need more lane space, and that when you are travelling 80KM/hr faster than them they become terribly difficult not to kill.. etc, etc.. the list goes on :)
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:59 AM   #1023
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Amen to that

You forgot... 5 people on a motorcycle... 9 year old kids driving motorcycles... People driving the wrong way on a divided 4-lane highway, just so they don't have to go a couple kilometers further and U-turn... 2-lane roads that are really 1-lane because people park in the outer lane... Heck, even police cars and motorcycles driving in total disrespect of road rules...

And something maybe a little more specific to Phuket, buses/trucks/vans going up a hill road at 5km/h and sometimes stalling, always fun when you're behind them... Or even people in normal automatic cars and pickups who have no idea how to go up a hill and end up crawling... That really annoys me when I'm back down there, and it's fun roaring past them in my mom's car or on a bike

It's funny, when my parents and I go back to France, we always drive extremely defensively, to the amusement of other family members... Like,, there's a car up ahead at a stop sign, who's going to merge into your road. By instinct we slow down and get ready to slam the brakes for when he cuts you off... But in a "civilized" country, that's not required, the guy will patiently wait his turn... Uncanny...

Of course, the death toll for road accidents here? Not pretty at all.

But anyway back on topic, I'm happy, I fueled up today, just ran the calculations and that was 24MPG, better than the 18-19MPG of my previous tanks

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #1024
Racer X-8
Races Little Red Wagons

Drives: red '07 Yaris liftback auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleyaris View Post
if off topic, i hate the digital gas gauge. i would like to see a gauge which shows a better accurate level. a one bar am I really one bar or sort of second bar, know what i mean!
One bar means stop for gas. It does flash faster and faster as you approach ultimate let-down-ism (when you walk).
Racer X-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #1025
superjens

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
I almost got 40 MPG on my last tank; 39.639 to be exact. This was 50/50 highway/city, tires at 44 PSI, very light footed with lots of coasting in neutral. My lifetime average is 33 so far.
superjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:51 AM   #1026
swng

Last tank gave me about 40.24 mpg (Imperial) or 33.3 mpg (US).
City/highway was about 30/70. Average load: 2 people plus personal belongings. Driving style: Synchronize with traffic.
The above mpg numbers are close to my long term averages.

Last report at Post #991, Page 67.