Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #91
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
I leave for a few hours and I missed so much fun...
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #92
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Contrary to popular belief the asian fellows on this forum with turbo kits got the e-manage BLUE working NOT in limp mode and WITH a MAP sensor....AND WITHOUT a CEL. Don't say its JDM ECU, because I can almost bet that the internals are the same, just a different flash for their gas. The car has a 1nz-fe right, same sensors, same DBW, same Damn Denso ECU... .... ...... ........ yeah

Just find out what they did with the O2 Sensor, and clamping the MAF voltage so it reads off MAP and you'll be dandy as candy
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #93
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ Yeah, just go do that!

What happened to hacking the ECU, Nexus?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #94
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
.... can we get back on topic like to hear more ideas about this kit my pockets are getting fat and i need to lose some weight on them
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #95
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

LOL Garm, no joke I need some help. It's almost impossible to find info on this thing let alone trace the lines and find a proper software to comm with the processor. This thing is a beast of an ECU for some reason. I am thinking if I can do this the community would advance 10 fold, but until then I need someone to help me shake my leg, because even with a background in comp engineering its still a bitch...

But immagine on the supercharger people, being able to get into loop faster and being able to shutoff self-learning and tweaking fuel values to proper AFR and cranking up ignition where it needs some and editing the TPS vs. WOT engagement. o man the possibilities

But if you want a turbo kit, get the parts yourself and save like $1200 and have an exhaust place fab something up for you...
Old 04-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #96
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
Well as far as management goes....We appear to be limited. I talked to a good friend at a meet tonight. He says that the Emanage and FIC units are one of the better piggyback units to use. Unless you want to spend the big money and go Autronic or MOTEC.

I kicked the idea around of Forced Induction for a while. I am going to go SC, but I did like the HKS kit. I know of a few Scion guys using it and they haven't had any problems. Thankfully I have a local shop with a dyno and the owner has quite a few years of experience to tune my car right.

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:19 AM   #97
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Four of us have failed with the AEM FI-C. AEM has been less than responsive with assistance. Can't report anything solid about eManage.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 AM   #98
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
All the tuners on the island here say the AEM FIC is trash; same with emanage blue.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:01 AM   #99
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Screw it, someone give me an e-manage blue and a turbo kit and i'll be glad to get it to work for everyone
Old 04-29-2009, 03:07 AM   #100
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
At risk of sounding noobish, why don't stand alones work for the yaris?
Hydranemesis and open source tuning are huge sucesses so far.

anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:11 AM   #101
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

They do work, but if you want to spend over $1000 and getting it all wired up to work properly with stock ECU and sensors, lol then go for it
Old 04-29-2009, 03:13 AM   #102
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Garm has a standalone that i believe is installed on his new setup. Not sure if it has been tuned successfully yet...
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:07 AM   #103
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Hmm, this thread was entertaining... /popcorn

Just seems kinda interesting to me that a man can program the ECU for this car, yet across the globe probably several thousand engineers cant figure it out to crack it, and those who have tricked it, havnt shown any love to the US peeps.

Either the engineer who built the ECU for the Yaris is a freaking scholar beyond scholars, or just not from here (i.e. ALIEN)
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #104
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Hmm, this thread was entertaining... /popcorn

Just seems kinda interesting to me that a man can program the ECU for this car, yet across the globe probably several thousand engineers cant figure it out to crack it, and those who have tricked it, havnt shown any love to the US peeps.

Either the engineer who built the ECU for the Yaris is a freaking scholar beyond scholars, or just not from here (i.e. ALIEN)
just rip out all the wiring and wire it all fresh. the stock sensors suck anyway.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #105
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Not to be a douche or anything Russel, do you do any of the work at all on your own cars other than changing the wheels..... what's your username on NASIOC
Old 04-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #106
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
just rip out all the wiring and wire it all fresh. the stock sensors suck anyway.
That's what I did. The EMS box is just back from AEM - they modified the internal wiring for VVTI. Hopefully this week it fires up - cross your fingers.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #107
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Garm, assuming it does work will we have the option of buying that unit prewired for the Yaris?
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #108
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
Not to be a douche or anything Russel, do you do any of the work at all on your own cars other than changing the wheels..... what's your username on NASIOC
WRX8XB and T3h_clap on IWSTI. :)

more about the STI here.

http://t3hclap.com/archives/40