Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #91
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
psst, come here.....
dude u were supposed to tell me when it arrived. weak. when are you installing?

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #92
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Dear Kcalb,

I work with an Indian lady. The crazy Punjabi we both work with says she's from southern India, don't exactly recall which state but it's not Tamil-Nadu, maybe Andra Pradesh.

She is very dark complected, almost jet black. She has a wonderful figure, a dignified poise, is unflappable and intelligent. I love to listen to her talk and like her presence. Of course watching her butt is an invigorating experience as well.

I am concerned that while she is in her forties and probably experienced with Indian men she might find my pale skin, British features, green eyes and clipped privates a bit tough to take. I doubt that there are many guys who look like me in Southern India, though I could possibly pass as an Afghan or inhabitant of the Causcasus mountains in a dark alley.

So how does one court a person from those distant exotic climes? Any clues you can deliver from your myriad experiences and past would be most helpful.

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #93
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
Quote:
PM me if you really want to know, otherwise, I'm you Daddy.
lol!
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #94
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Dear KCALB,

Pick the winning teams in this list of AFL football for this weekend and post them in a reply?

Game 1
Fremantle Dockers vs Hawthorn Hawks

Game 2
Melbourne Demons vs Western Bulldogs

Game 3
Geelong Cats vs North Melbourne Kangaroos

Game 4
Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide Crows

Game 5
Sydney Swans vs West Coast Eagles

Game 6
Port Adelaide Power vs Richmond Tigers

Game 7
Collingwood Magpies vs Carlton Blues

Game 8
St Kilda Saints vs Essendon Bombers

While your at it can you please select 7 numbers between 1-45 and post your numbers in your response?

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #95
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

hahahaha mad dog, that means u have to share the winnings with him too ya know.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #96
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Why do hot dogs come in packs of 8, but hot dog buns come in packs of 10?

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #97
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
Dear Kcalb,

I work with an Indian lady. The crazy Punjabi we both work with says she's from southern India, don't exactly recall which state but it's not Tamil-Nadu, maybe Andra Pradesh.

She is very dark complected, almost jet black. She has a wonderful figure, a dignified poise, is unflappable and intelligent. I love to listen to her talk and like her presence. Of course watching her butt is an invigorating experience as well.

I am concerned that while she is in her forties and probably experienced with Indian men she might find my pale skin, British features, green eyes and clipped privates a bit tough to take. I doubt that there are many guys who look like me in Southern India, though I could possibly pass as an Afghan or inhabitant of the Causcasus mountains in a dark alley.

So how does one court a person from those distant exotic climes? Any clues you can deliver from your myriad experiences and past would be most helpful.

Gene
Gene!! Strike up a conversation. Keep it light, see if she responds favorably and do the sweetest thing ever...the..."I was wondering if you would care to have dinner with me Friday night?" And see what she says.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #98
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by k r a y z e e . j o j o View Post
...because the makers of both want you to make forty servings... figure it out, it's the lowest integer value that both will divide into.

Gene
Old 05-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #99
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIPNGAS View Post
Gene!! Strike up a conversation. Keep it light, see if she responds favorably and do the sweetest thing ever...the..."I was wondering if you would care to have dinner with me Friday night?" And see what she says.
Lisa, Lisa... I'm crestfallen. I'd so hoped you'd be jealous... not supportive.

She's a nice lady. I'll ask her to lunch, if I can get her away from her desk. She's like the rest of us... driven.

Gene
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #100
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Quote:
Lisa, Lisa... I'm crestfallen. I'd so hoped you'd be jealous... not supportive.

She's a nice lady. I'll ask her to lunch, if I can get her away from her desk. She's like the rest of us... driven.

Gene
Aww...I missed that subliminal message in there!

She might be driven, but everyone needs a short break once in a while.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #101
SilverBack
Joey

Quote:
Dear Kcalb,

Gene
Alright as the token Indian guy on YW, I'll fill this one *turns-on grandpa's thick 7/11-esque accent*

Unfortunately most Indian women won't go for anyone outside our race. They only want Indian guys who are very closely in touch with our culture. The best advice I can give you is to learn and embrace as much as you can about our culture. At the same time, you should also encourage her to try out things in the American culture (DON'T take her to a steakhouse LOL). Not much else that I can say, especially for someone who's already set in her ways at her age. Hope things go well

BTW, @ her trying to throw people off by claiming to be a Punjabi but from southern India. She is a smart one alright

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #102
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Dear KCALB,

Will drinking 5 dews a day make me less likely to have kids? second, does this mean i still need to wear ......oh nevermind, i wont go into it that far. lol
Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #103
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
Alright as the token Indian guy on YW, I'll fill this one *turns-on grandpa's thick 7/11-esque accent*

Unfortunately most Indian women won't go for anyone outside our race. They only want Indian guys who are very closely in touch with our culture. The best advice I can give you is to learn and embrace as much as you can about our culture. At the same time, you should also encourage her to try out things in the American culture (DON'T take her to a steakhouse LOL). Not much else that I can say, especially for someone who's already set in her ways at her age. Hope things go well

BTW, @ her trying to throw people off by claiming to be a Punjabi but from southern India. She is a smart one alright
Oh. Sorry about the misunderstanding. We have two Indians in the Department (and a few more in R&D).

The Crazy Punjabi (he's a nice kid, and an ethnic Sikh) told me that she was from some state that begins with an "A". He's a trip, he keeps stealing furniture from other people's offices. He also likes to give orders. He won't wear a turban, grow a beard nor carry a knife. I asked him about that and he said he didn't "fully embrace" Sikhism. He does have a bracelet, I think it's made of metal, so I guess he's partially in the gang still.

We usually don't discuss religion at work. We're intensely into business and find our common ground in goals.

She never claimed to be from the Punjab. She is damn clever. What does bug me is that she's a contractor and not a full employee. So she's in a ticklish situation. I'd like to her join the regular employees and wouldn't bat an eye if avoiding anything unofficial would help her.

I wasn't singling you out as a "token Indian" but rather figured you were raised around Indian folk and would know their ways better than I. Like if I met a French exchange student and I knew you were from France.

Gene
Old 05-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #104
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Dear Kcalb,

Gene
oddly enough, I dated an Indian woman. She was older than me, was married to the same guy since she was a teen, and left due to his neglect to her as a partner and physical abuse towards her well being. Not saying jojo is wrong, but there are some that will take a chance on finding a relationship outside their own race. All it takes is for you to be you, not witty, not suave, not anything other than you. She has already seen the "work" guy, but never seen the "after work" guy. If both of you are comfortable in being around each other during work, it's pretty safe to say she will like to have company outside of work. But, you never know until you ask. As I told our young YW couple that just got married, it all started as 50% chance, the rest was up to them. Take your chance. As for the butt wiggle issue, rock on with your bad self!
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Dear KCALB,

Pick the winning teams in this list of AFL football for this weekend and post them in a reply?

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Game 4

Game 5

Game 6

Game 7

Game 8

While your at it can you please select 7 numbers between 1-45 and post your numbers in your response?
Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Game 4

Game 5

Game 6

Game 7

Game 8

1, 16, 2, 13, 18, 23, 32

Quote:
Quote:
...because the makers of both want you to make forty servings... figure it out, it's the lowest integer value that both will divide into.

Gene
Each company has its own priority of how things should be packaged since they do not operate under the same name. Take a look at a package of hot dogs and see how much it weighs most likely it weighs a pound. Having it weigh this much and the size of the package make it a great size to store in the fridge without taking up too much space. Bread companies have a problem of how there pans are set up. The reason that a dozen is such a traditional bread company number is that it can be set up in as a pan with 3X4 or 4X3. When it comes to pans and ovens, they are looking for a well oiled machine and a pattern that works to save time and power. Ten buns means it must be 2 rows of 5, which simply doesn't always work. The 3X4 rectangle is more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenacarato View Post
Dear KCALB,

Will drinking 5 dews a day make me less likely to have kids? second, does this mean i still need to wear ......oh nevermind, i wont go into it that far. lol
lol, I covered this last week in the What are you doing thread. Its a myth, don't worry, your boys are stil strong.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #105
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

lol, my boys are still strong. very nice. *continues to gulp the newly acquired 44oz dew*
Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #106
SilverBack
Joey

Quote:
I wasn't singling you out as a "token Indian" but rather figured you were raised around Indian folk and would know their ways better than I. Like if I met a French exchange student and I knew you were from France.

Gene
I was just joking around about the token Indian thing lol. I randomly make fun of own kind occasionally, so there's no dispute here . Also my post was based on my experiences and from what I was taught, which may not hold true for all Indians

BTW, have you already offered to take her out yet?

Quote:
oddly enough, I dated an Indian woman. She was older than me, was married to the same guy since she was a teen, and left due to his neglect to her as a partner and physical abuse towards her well being. Not saying jojo is wrong, but there are some that will take a chance on finding a relationship outside their own race. All it takes is for you to be you, not witty, not suave, not anything other than you. She has already seen the "work" guy, but never seen the "after work" guy. If both of you are comfortable in being around each other during work, it's pretty safe to say she will like to have company outside of work. But, you never know until you ask. As I told our young YW couple that just got married, it all started as 50% chance, the rest was up to them. Take your chance. As for the butt wiggle issue, rock on with your bad self!

Each company has its own priority of how things should be packaged since they do not operate under the same name. Take a look at a package of hot dogs and see how much it weighs most likely it weighs a pound. Having it weigh this much and the size of the package make it a great size to store in the fridge without taking up too much space. Bread companies have a problem of how there pans are set up. The reason that a dozen is such a traditional bread company number is that it can be set up in as a pan with 3X4 or 4X3. When it comes to pans and ovens, they are looking for a well oiled machine and a pattern that works to save time and power. Ten buns means it must be 2 rows of 5, which simply doesn't always work. The 3X4 rectangle is more convenient.
Truth is, I'm convinced Indians dating outside their race would be more common among Christians. If Gene's is of that religion, and his love interest is also of that religion, it just might make it that much easier for him to ask her out. If she's Hindu or Muslim, it might take ALOT of persistence to get her interest, especially if she's got that old country mindset. It's not impossible though. Just telling it like it is.

Last edited by SilverBack; 05-13-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #107
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Yeah, culture shocks can sometimes be quite... shocking... I dated a muslim girl for a while when I was in Malaysia, it was real weird sometimes...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #108
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
KCALB, why is this thread pretty much dead? huh? wtf is this? what do I pay you for???

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote