Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #91
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Sorry to hear that you thrashed your car in a moment of panic. We all make mistakes. One thing you have to think about is if you do a hack job of fixing it then your car will be worth alot less at resale. The gaskest are important, they are what keeps the weather out and you warm on the inside. Yes, this is not going to be cheap if repaired properly, there is a lot of labor involved. I know a lot of people shy away from Macco, but they painted my Rally spoiler for $200.00 and it matches perfectly. They are one of the more resonable body shops. I wish you the best of luck with your repair.
This post sounded reasonable and great until the last few sentences. Please tell me that you are kidding me?????? MACCO?????????? Do NOT bring your car to Macco to be repaired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #92
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
This post sounded reasonable and great until the last few sentences. Please tell me that you are kidding me?????? MACCO?????????? Do NOT bring your car to Macco to be repaired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for the most part your correct. BUT there are a FEW out there that have good emplyees that take pride in their work......

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #93
Chupacabra
Banned

Macco is based on getting the car in and out ASAP with minimal work in the prep phase (most important part of any paint job). Macco is cheap because the labor is cheap...any good painter or body guy is employed at an independant body shop. Macco is a chain that takes people that are new to the trade for the most part. It's an opportunity to learn for many. I would highly, highly advise against taking your car to Macco. Take it to a body shop that does good work. It will be well worth the extra money.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:53 PM   #94
texkid
The one with cheese on it

Drives: '10 Corolla S
Damn! I would've paid a run of the mill tow truck driver $50 than do all that to my car.

Heck, I would've paid a bum $10 and a rock to get into my car.
texkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #95
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_VT View Post
Go to toyota and ask the parts guy if he has a credit card plastic key and cut it for your wallet or even more reliable and a common practice is to use a nylon zip tie and secure a key out of site under the car. People even use duct tape and attach a key to the back of a license plate.

So the nest time you are on your way to that Jeopardy try out you will be ready!!
I have used the behind the license plate before. Duct tape it on the back side of a wheel cover might work also. It was hard to find the perfect hiding place on the Yaris. There is a lot of plastic. I once hid a key so well on a 88 Toyota truck that it took me 1/2 hour to find when I sold the truck 16 years later.

I helped a girl once with the brick method. Her dog locked the door with it's paw on a 95 degree day.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #96
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texkid View Post
Damn! I would've paid a run of the mill tow truck driver $50 than do all that to my car.

Heck, I would've paid a bum $10 and a rock to get into my car.
A bum an a rock? Right.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #97
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
+1, It would have been way cheaper and quicker.

If you don't have the skills to break into a car to unlock it you should never try. My suggestion is next time look for a spare key lying around like one of the ones pictured below. Then wrap it in a t shirt put it through your passenger window and unlock your car that way. The reason you wrap it in a t shirt is so it does not damage the interior when it goes through.

New window $200
New paintwork $2,000
The look on your face after what you realised what you just did..... Priceless
Hope you have a mastercard cause I don't thing insurance covers stupidity.

Might seem that i'm being harsh, but I hope you've learned your lesson.
A friend of mine did the brick/stone oppener once ........ but he's such an dumbass that he thew it so hard It went all the way ... the 2 windows!!
That's what I call a FAIL!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:42 PM   #98
msfire671
ONE LOVE...YARiS LOVE!!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Send a message via MSN to msfire671 Send a message via Yahoo to msfire671
Quote:
Originally Posted by lita_g View Post
What if he locks the brick in the car though?
msfire671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #99
texkid
The one with cheese on it

Drives: '10 Corolla S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
A bum an a rock? Right.
Sorry, just running the scenario through my mind still makes me laugh.
texkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #100
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texkid View Post
Sorry, just running the scenario through my mind still makes me laugh.
Like someone said, what if he locks the bum in the car? What then? You gotta watch out for these things.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:16 PM   #101
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
Peter Griffin of FAMILY GUY locked himself in his car in one episode .
gid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:11 AM   #102
rg570lvr

Drives: '08 Yaris MM 3d Lb, auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
I have to be honest....I don't lock my car. I always figured that if somebody wanted to get in...it's easy enough (just break the window). Problem solved.
I used to be the same way till one night this guy made his way down the street breaking into cars and stealing what he could. My truck was unlocked and he stole a cd wallet with 150 cd's, my watch, and cash I kept in the glove box for emergencies and when I called the cops, they would not help me because my truck was not locked. They caught the guy with all the stuff he had stolen and still would not let me go and get my belongings because he didn't "break into" my truck, they said I should have locked it, so now I keep it locked just incase I need to call the cops.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 AM   #103
AznGouki
Metsu

Drives: NCP91 ; E36
DAAAAAAAYMN man. I don't know how you did it with sticks but good job at opening the door. Like the button for unlock is by the hand brake so how did you end up reaching it?
I can tell you that I've locked my keys far too many times in my car(BMW). Best solution is to call a friend to get your key or family if you have a spare at home.
If you locked your spare inside the car, which I have a few times, I called a friend who has AMA or AAA and got them to come open it. All those times were free if anybody is cheap like me.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #104
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg570lvr View Post
I used to be the same way till one night this guy made his way down the street breaking into cars and stealing what he could. My truck was unlocked and he stole a cd wallet with 150 cd's, my watch, and cash I kept in the glove box for emergencies and when I called the cops, they would not help me because my truck was not locked. They caught the guy with all the stuff he had stolen and still would not let me go and get my belongings because he didn't "break into" my truck, they said I should have locked it, so now I keep it locked just incase I need to call the cops.
Wait, what? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I would have been on the local news over that one.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #105
Chupacabra
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg570lvr View Post
I said that I didn't lock my car....I didn't say that I left my watch, money and all kinds of personal stuff in there!!!! That is your problem man!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #106
gid

'tis the season to be jolly and good will towards all . Someone stole that as well . So sad .
Old 12-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #107
gid

to enlighten the situation . You could carry a lead pipe in your pants at all times . But yeh might get " IS THAT A PIPE IN YOUR PANTS OR YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME ? " .

Last edited by gid; 12-15-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #108
gid

here's clip where PETER GRIFFIN of THE FAMILY GUY locks his keys outside of his car , www.youtube.com/watch?v=mofasfgV4lY .