Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-29-2011, 01:59 AM   #109
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Here is the last 24 hours work....my first set of pods I built from scratch and so far so good....lot of work to do....

bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:46 AM   #110
bzinn 1

couple of installed pics....had to take the DLS out as I blew a comp accidently grounded it out....

Old 05-31-2011, 02:06 AM   #111
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
nice
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #112
bzinn 1

Thanks Man........I am really happy I just picked up a set of Takata harness good till 2013 for $450 pick then up tomorrow,no mid pipe and header this month but Takata.....gotta do it......just gotta pick up the right eye bolts to mount to harnes bar and seat frame...think it is 7/16" threads,one set of 4 in 1" length and one set in 2" length for harness bar....lol....they are worth more than the seats and brackets....win win...

pictures up tomorrow night of them...4 point with latches on all 4 points hence the need for the eye bolts.....
Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #113
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
That is such excellent handiwork. Well done. Out of curiosity, do you work in WWU?
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:18 AM   #114
bzinn 1

Nope I work for Sears as an Electrician and Building Maintenance.

are you by chance going to the Mt St Helens cruise this weekend,we got a few Yaris headed that way,it started with the Scion guys a few years back,but all makes are welcome,good cruise,good fun,good food,and great people.

Yeah it has been a long week building them,still got a few touchups on the base shapes to fit door panel perfect and paint but all in all they are sounding great,still got the Apillars to do for tweeters,but I havn'e found the right angle I like for them yet....lol....I hate tuning a system to the car...takes forever.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:59 AM   #115
bzinn 1

wanted to share here first......takatas....REAL TAKATAS.....lol

Old 06-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #116
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
At this point you should probably just remove your rear seatbelts.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #117
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
and put a turbo in
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:48 AM   #118
bzinn 1

got harness eyebolts in today,one goes perfectly where the seatbelt goes to the car at the floor and the other screws intothe wedge seat bracket where the seat belt clip end goes....then I drilled the harness bar and used some Schroth clips and new bolts to pass through the bar and got them hooked in now.....I will get some pictures tomorrow,came out really good.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #119
bzinn 1

Sorry it has taken me so long to update the car.....camera broke so I will have to bum a camera....

So I inverted the sub on the box on the 4th and it sounds even better.....

Got a Password JDM battery tiedown in blue from my buddy for helping him hook up his sub.
Got a set of SToptech drilled front rotors and a set of Hawk pads
And just ordered today from MI a 23mm rear sway and white ball delrin shift knob.

Just kinda waiting for the Nitto midpipes to arrive and hope I still got enough cash on hand to buy without hitting up my credit card....either way it is gettign bought....lol

May of found me a CF engine cover off an xB for cheap....fingers crossed

Interior still sitting in my living room along with a bunch of other parts like the stock seats,wheels,and tools everywhere.....but I am making progress....

Car is really fun to drive now that wheels and stereo are in and working....

Saving up for airride.....camber.....and new struts....eating bean and cheese burritos this summer to cut costs....may even quit smoking cigs so I save another $250 a month.....I really want airride.....really bad.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:14 AM   #120
bzinn 1

23mm rear sway installed today and stoptech rotors and Hawk pads a few days back.

Drives like a whole differnat car now,way better feels stable at all times,no lean anymore,steering is crisp now....

I have to say it may be my favorite mods yet......also if you have like 8" wide rims like me you may have to pull one wheel off to get bar in place .....but total install of it took maybe 30 min.

Would of been quicker but my 14mm wrench broke while loosening the shock bolt,flew out and hit me in the face,gave me a minor black eye....
Old 08-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #121
bzinn 1

Camera broke or I would post up the last months work......next pictures will be on 8/14 at Toyota Fest.......trying to get car as close to back together as I can by then,will still be a work in progress,but I still and gonna bring what I built and hope it is enjoyed.....

So this month I installed the 23mm rear sway......wow.....car rides so much better,springs still suck,DF210s....too soft,but airbags will fix that thsi Winter....plus a set of Tokico's will help....

Then I got a set of the Depo JDM lights from Garm,fitment is actually as good as my stock lights were,one washer to shim the top bolt on drivers side and near perfect fitment.....the look is so much better though.....

Took some truck bed liner and used it on the pods and the sub box,give them a bit of durability as I stuff crap in the back all the time and the pods get kicked here and there,deadened the inner pods and made a tube to go from pod to inner door,sounds incredable.....

then I made pods in the A pillars......got them half way done,but the tweets went in finally and OMG....what a differance....also incredable....

Put some Polyfill in the sub box,but put too much and the hit got softer while the presence got more full....so took it all out but 2oz,which is still a lot and now it hits again and the presence is very full and crisp.....

Most the rear interior is back in the car,B pillars still need glassed and cut to fit harness bar....

Rear floor still not started but that will be a winter project I guess as the air ride stuff starts to come in....fit it as I go...hate being poor.....

Still got a CF shift bootie to install and vinyls for my sponser and for microimage on the rear side of seats along with the stereo vinyls for Pioneer and JL all in white and then that will be surronded by Gunshow guns from rogue status.....should come out nice.

Car is coming along....figure another year and it should be close to done....maybe 18 months of hard work...lol
Old 08-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #122
bzinn 1

Totally forgot......Nitto midpipe went in as well saturday.....wow....fitment is perfect.....sound...well it lost the drone from the Greddy can finally...love it....volume now when I get on it....tickets will come....but cruising speed...very quiet...

Ppwer....feels like from 2000rpm to 5500 it pulls much stronger,winds up a bit faster....but low rpms,feels like some hp has been lost to make flow....but that is really low and if you push gas more it picks right up...

Might be the best buy so far out of...the following

Midpipe
23mm Rear sway
JDM tails
and making the tweeter pods

Midpipe my favorite so far,but stereo install not far behind....sub pounds....make ya grin like a kid pounds in the little car...wish it was all done man....
Old 08-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #123
bzinn 1

Fingers crossed...should be picking up Kaminari kit Sunday at Toyota Fest....will finally get pictures up Sunday night of car after the show....lots of work still to finish a pillars and clean car.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #124
bzinn 1

As promised........pictures from Toyota Fest '11

Got the Kami kit that morning from Foth....it is off the DRift Yaris,gotta get the airride in before I can really use it as it will scrape badly and it is a nice kit.....

Was just me and tylermayer at the show repping the Yari.......
Interior

Exterior

Been a long hard summer and worked hard to put it together.....still a long way to go before the picture in my head looks like the car in my driveway......lol
Old 08-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #125
bzinn 1

In case you wonder how low it really is with the kit,lets jsut say you can put your foot under it ,may be tops 3" off ground at the rear of the sideskirt and front is about the same.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #126
Chuck G

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Wow! Great looking car!!!
Nice job!
Chuck G is offline   Reply With Quote