Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #109
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
bigger than stock? 1ZZ, then Scion tC, then aftermarket, in that order.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #110
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Stay tuned
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #111
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ good pun. LOL
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #112
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Got rained out. But only thing left is my down pipe and getting some larger injectors. I have learned so much tru this. Not nearly as hard as I thought
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #113
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
What year range do you source the 1zz injectors?
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:19 PM   #114
Focus_Sh1ft
 
Focus_Sh1ft's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
What year range do you source the 1zz injectors?
I don't think it matters. I (think) they all range from 240-260cc. Even 240 should be enough for a low boost application, since the 1NZ's apparently max around 5 psi of boost.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #115
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Sorry for late updates. Got my aem uego in and all the other gauges. I suck at wiring. Not sure yet how I am gonna tackle that part. I will put up some pics later.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #116
Focus_Sh1ft
 
Focus_Sh1ft's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
^ Suck less
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #117
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Lol u got a point. My idea of wiring is twisting the ends and using electric tape
So yea that's not gonna work gonna have to go pro on this part
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #118
Focus_Sh1ft
 
Focus_Sh1ft's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
Well you're halfway there lol...

Are you one of those people that are deathly afraid of soldering irons?
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #119
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
No and I do have one come to think of it. Guess I could read more into it and try my luck..... Just need to find where I am goona get the power source from.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #120
Focus_Sh1ft
 
Focus_Sh1ft's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
Save yourself the money then. I'll help you out with any questions you have.

Just so you know, I found it easy to use add a fuses for my gauges. They allow you to have two fuses in one slot while also providing a wire (fused) that can be used to supply power to items like gauges.

Here's an example
http://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-BP-HH...=pd_sim_auto_1
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #121
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Didn't kno they made those. Do I just get one and wire all three gauges to it for power?
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #122
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ yeah those are really cool, make wiring a lot easier. I have the same fear you do, but I've done some myself.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #123
Focus_Sh1ft
 
Focus_Sh1ft's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Didn't kno they made those. Do I just get one and wire all three gauges to it for power?
Only electric gauges are going to need power, but yes. I used two add a fuses - one I placed in the MET slot, and the other was placed in PANEL1. MET is used to power the gauges, PANEL1 is used for illumination. These fuses are under the dash on the drivers side. Also, there's a ground point right next to it I used for all the grounding.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #124
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Ok cool. I am so close now can't wait. There where so many small little things I had to get. Nuts, bolts, adapters, vacuum lines and let's not forget the all important zip ties just to name a few!
O and I got some new headlight bulbs form MI and they are sexy.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #125
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Got my gauges set up.... Doing oil lines and the such now....
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #126
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie
 
pimp my yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 482
Are U gonna run a AEM FIC? Or other
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo Project Yaris TS 1.8L CASTREX Yaris TS Talk 40 08-21-2009 10:24 AM
HKS turbo timer type 1 Tamago Performance Modifications 3 07-21-2009 11:59 AM
Turbo Kit - trade for stock parts! crankyelbow Items for Sale by private party 62 02-03-2009 12:30 PM
delayed turbo project... joey1320 Forced Induction Forum 8 09-26-2007 11:18 PM
Vitz Rs turbo vs U.S. Yaris add turbo? weaponrcamry Performance Modifications 18 08-09-2006 08:45 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.