Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #1243
uncleyaris
 
Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,523
I just filled up cause gas price went down, I was at 498.9km - 28.58 litres = 49.33mpg, or 5.73litres/100km, thats smoking!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:22 PM   #1244
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch
 
BailOut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Reno, Nevada, USA
Posts: 1,299
Good job, uncleyaris! Stay with it and you just may become only the second person ever to break 50 MPG with the Yaris.
__________________
- Brian

Share the Road


I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:32 PM   #1245
uncleyaris
 
Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,523
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #1246
marcus
toyota
 
marcus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: toronto, canada
Posts: 3,637
1st tank 540km with 39.8l fill up = 38.34mi/gal with regular 87 octane
2nd tank ran 535km fill up 38.4l = 39.37mi/gal with premium 89 octane
3rd tank 540km 37.5l fill up=40.69mi/gal with premium 89 octane
4th tank 570km premium fill up @38.00 liters =42.40 m/gal -15km/liter 89 octane
5th tank went to regular gas..48.2 liters ran 711 km 40% hwy (had to add 10 liters in between), calculated about 6.7l /100km,,41.68m/gal ... i was expecting about 6.0 l/100,,,atleast...
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #1247
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch
 
BailOut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Reno, Nevada, USA
Posts: 1,299
I had a lot of extra city driving on this tank and several slow-as-molasses commutes over the mountain due to the construction and tourist seasons being in full swing, but I managed 518.6 miles on 10.362 gallons for 50.048 MPG.
__________________
- Brian

Share the Road


I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #1248
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #1249
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
Last tank covered 500.2 km. Refilled with 36.113 liters. That means 39.147 mpg (Imperial), or 32.58 mpg (US), or 7.219 liters per 100 km, or 13.85 km per liter. Most of the time, the car was driven by my brother with one passenger (sometimes two) and some golf clubs. Not many further details.
Last report in Post #1267.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #1250
bnther36
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Mich
Posts: 84
As of tomorrow I have had my Yaris for a whole week!

Filled it back up this morning; it took 9.489 gallons for 402.1 miles to give me 42.375 mpg. This week was about 75/25 hwy/city driving with a day or two running A/C. Not too shabby for completely stock and just under 1000 miles.

I'm sure that there is an oil owner somewhere hating on me
bnther36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #1251
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
Just had a trip within city areas. I enjoyed surfing the green to save fuel.
This is not a new technique but I find it very practical and addictive. Usually, long before I approach the traffic lights, I estimate in mind how long the red/yellow/green lights are going to last. Then, I look around to know the traffic situation and adjust my speed (within high and low legal/common sense limits) so that I can drive past one green light after another. It's almost an art in addition to being an interesting game. I would name it my favorite fuel saving technique.
Among the many techniques, what is your favorite one to save fuel?
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #1252
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch
 
BailOut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Reno, Nevada, USA
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by swng View Post
Among the many techniques, what is your favorite one to save fuel?
As I approach my subdivision I enter a FAS (Forced Auto Stop - coasting with the engine off) over a half mile out, then stay in the FAS as I turn 90 degrees right into the subdivision, immediately turn 90 degrees left, followed by an immediate 90 degrees right into my culdesac.

At this point I have the garage door remote in my hand and I stick it way up high, out of the window, to get a signal over the hoods of the many trucks my neighbor has out front.

I then continue coasting to the rear of the culdesac and 90 degrees right and up the driveway and into my garage.

In other words it's a quick-turning, half-mile stealth run from the main feeder road right into my garage.
__________________
- Brian

Share the Road


I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #1253
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
What a stunt! Too difficult for me but very interesting. Anyway, I also press my garage door remote button well in advance so that I can drive through without having to stop to wait for the door to open!
Come-on ladies and gentlemen! What are your favorite fuel saving techniques?
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #1254
marcus
toyota
 
marcus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: toronto, canada
Posts: 3,637
best fuel saving is not to use a car...im thinkin of riding my BM....................
BMX orcourse...
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #1255
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
Give me more!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #1256
Nigal
 
Nigal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Piqua, Ohio
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
As I approach my subdivision I enter a FAS (Forced Auto Stop - coasting with the engine off) over a half mile out, then stay in the FAS as I turn 90 degrees right into the subdivision, immediately turn 90 degrees left, followed by an immediate 90 degrees right into my culdesac.

At this point I have the garage door remote in my hand and I stick it way up high, out of the window, to get a signal over the hoods of the many trucks my neighbor has out front.

I then continue coasting to the rear of the culdesac and 90 degrees right and up the driveway and into my garage.

In other words it's a quick-turning, half-mile stealth run from the main feeder road right into my garage.
Didn't robin Williams do the same thing with his kids in The World According to Garp? LOL!
Nigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #1257
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
I like to keep my momentum going around turns. I'm liking the TRD suspension a lot, but I want more.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #1258
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I like to keep my momentum going around turns. I'm liking the TRD suspension a lot, but I want more.
A good one! I do the same as far as the traffic allows. I really like the fun element inside this technique.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:40 PM   #1259
adamschneider
 
adamschneider's Avatar
 
Drives: Bayou Blue 2dr, AT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 67
Just filled up my new Yaris for the first time and got 36.8 MPG, which I guess is well within the expected range. It was a mix of highway and city driving -- mostly highway, although that included a trip over the Coast Range and back.
adamschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:57 AM   #1260
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamschneider View Post
Just filled up my new Yaris for the first time and got 36.8 MPG, which I guess is well within the expected range. It was a mix of highway and city driving -- mostly highway, although that included a trip over the Coast Range and back.
No, your result is not within the expected range, because you are doing a little too well. If you don't believe, see this: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calcu...umn=1&id=22749
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.