Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #127
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Yes I did talk about ebay and you didn't....whats your point?
Evasion noted

Quote:
Well I am in the middle of my annual 2 1/2 month vacation and I have nothing better to do at this moment
LMAO!!

Good, I'll just toss you another peanut for when you're not busy sniffing your finger.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #128
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
Guys,

This really isn't about air filters any more, is it?

I'm probably the only person still following this thread but I think this race is run.
If you like them-use em. If not, accept the fact others can and and they are not inferior beings for using them. I've seen cases where K&N's work well and cases where they were a huge let down based on oil analysis.

I personally don't use them but know others who do-we don't fight about it. Agree to disagree and call it a day.
R2
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

Old 07-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #129
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
+1 , this thread is dead........

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #130
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Evasion noted

LMAO!!

Good, I'll just toss you another peanut for when you're not busy sniffing your finger.
I love how you use something I already said to you, to try to get back at me!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #131
b_hickman11

[QUOTE=1stToyota;352840][Quote] Then how would they
Quote:

"they" that have over 1%?

Your favorite company doesn't have the 99%, more like 1%
No one has the 99%. No one even has more than 50%....whats your point?

K&N will never be the top selling brand of filters. Their products are designed that way.

Last edited by b_hickman11; 07-15-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #132
b_hickman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
+1 , this thread is dead........
Nah man, this is just getting good!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #133
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
Quote:
LMAO

You guys are persistant, I'll give you that!
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

Old 07-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #134
1stToyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Guys,

This really isn't about air filters any more, is it?

I'm probably the only person still following this thread but I think this race is run.
If you like them-use em. If not, accept the fact others can and and they are not inferior beings for using them. I've seen cases where K&N's work well and cases where they were a huge let down based on oil analysis.

I personally don't use them but know others who do-we don't fight about it. Agree to disagree and call it a day.
R2
Yeah, I think it just started up again because the sticker fanboi got mad at me because of my Avalon comment (about a YEAR ago!!) and he started in with his Tacoma Texas Package example (don't know why he tried to deny that now), but the thread got closed pretty quick...guess he got a little bit pissied because he didn't get to shake his pom-poms enough for K&N...well, we're seeing it now, after he was forced to wait nearly 1 year--when I mentioned the Avalon again Mr. Hickman starts right up where we left off, really getting to blow his top good this time.

Last year's hot topic

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...xas+Package%22

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 07-16-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #135
1stToyota

Quote:
We know!

Can't believe you basically asked *how high* I wanted you to jump when I said my friend was willing to pay me to keep you bouncing for another week, when you announced that it appears I'll get to spend that $200.00 for sure.

If you weren't so OWNED you would have at least came back with something like: You'll never collect that because you won't last that long

But instead your next follow up was:

"Well I am in the middle of my annual 2 1/2 month vacation and I have nothing better to do at this moment"

WOW!! You're really letting me control your vacation time? PWNED!!

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #136
b_hickman11

Quote:
Yeah, I think it just started up again because the sticker fanboi got mad at me because of my Avalon comment (about a YEAR ago!!) and he started in with his Tacoma Texas Package example (don't know why he tried to deny that now), but the thread got closed pretty quick...guess he got a little bit pissied because he didn't get to shake his pom-poms enough for K&N...well, we're seeing it now, after he was forced to wait nearly 1 year--when I mentioned the Avalon again Mr. Hickman starts right up where we left off, really getting to blow his top good this time.

Last year's hot topic

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...xas+Package%22
Show me where I denied it.......

I keep trying to get back to your original claim that K&N's statements are false. I ask for proof and then you start talking about ordering tips and packages that come on a Ford and on a Mini. So then we talk about that for a while since you bring up off topic items. Then I have to come in and get us back on track. You make your statement that you're right because I said so.....and then you start talking about how other companies out sell K&N. Well if you were a smart person, you would realize that their products are designed that way and they will never out sell most other compaines.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #137
b_hickman11

Quote:
We know!

Can't believe you basically asked *how high* I wanted you to jump when I said my friend was willing to pay me to keep you bouncing for another week, when you announced that it appears I'll get to spend that $200.00 for sure.

If you weren't so OWNED you would have at least came back with something like: You'll never collect that because you won't last that long

But instead your next follow up was:

"Well I am in the middle of my annual 2 1/2 month vacation and I have nothing better to do at this moment"

WOW!! You're really letting me control your vacation time? PWNED!!
Well at least during the week. Not any good shows on TV. Too hot to play golf. No important professional sports during this time. The wife is at grad school. So you are very entertaining! Some of the things you have come up with make me laugh. Like when you said Wix sells more filters than K&N. Your way of thinking is sooo hilarious!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #138
1stToyota

[QUOTE=b_hickman11;353308]
I keep trying to get back to your original claim that K&N's statements are falseQUOTE]

Did you ever find the proof that can backup their so-called "increased horsepower" claim on the Yaris drop-in K&N *buy now* link yet? Where's that proof to back the sales pitch? Never found it? Knew you wouldn't.

And funny how others have proof that they actually LOST HP on the Dyno after installing a K&N filter that promises increase.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #139
1stToyota

[QUOTE=b_hickman11;353312]Well at least during the week. Not any good shows on TV. Too hot to play golf. No important professional sports during this time. The wife is at grad school.QUOTE]

[Trying to make excuses for why you admitted to letting me control your vacation time noted]

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #140
1stToyota

Quote:
And by the way, are you drunk or on drugs? Why do you take my quotes and delete random letters to make it look like a nigga can't spell??
Racists much?

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #141
b_hickman11

[QUOTE=1stToyota;353323]
Quote:
I keep trying to get back to your original claim that K&N's statements are falseQUOTE]

Did you ever find the proof that can backup their so-called "increased horsepower" claim on the Yaris drop-in K&N *buy now* link yet? Where's that proof to back the sales pitch? Never found it? Knew you wouldn't.

And funny how others have proof that they actually LOST HP on the Dyno after installing a K&N filter that promises increase.
Others? That means more than one and there has only been 1 person post anything about the dyno and that wasn't even done on the Yaris. Did I have ever find the proof to back up their claim? I'm not the one who has a problem with it. They could put "This filter will will cause $500 to be deposited into your bank account 5 minutes after install," and I wouldn't care. Once again, they are a big company and you are 1 person. No one cares about your beef with K&N's boxes.

ps Why do you think other companies sell more filters than K&N?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #142
b_hickman11

Quote:
Racists much?
Not really, I have plenty of white friends! Matter of fact, my maintenance man help me hold up my air box a few pages back. You gots to love the white folk!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #143
b_hickman11

[QUOTE=1stToyota;353327]
Quote:
Well at least during the week. Not any good shows on TV. Too hot to play golf. No important professional sports during this time. The wife is at grad school.QUOTE]

[Trying to make excuses for why you admitted to letting me control your vacation time noted]

OK
Old 07-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #144
1stToyota

[QUOTE=b_hickman11;353332]
Quote:

that wasn't even done on the Yaris.
Never said it was. My point was about them losing HP on a product that has a sales pitch for increased HP

Quote:
Did I have ever find the proof to back up their claim? I'm not the one who has a problem with it.
Neither do I. I love how you're the fanboi who's either unwilling or unable to find proof that they do testing on every application to back their increased HP sales pitch that's on every air filter box.

Quote:
Once again, they are a big company and you are 1 person. No one cares about your beef with K&N's boxes.
Except the slurper that was owned enough to admit that I'm controlling them on their vacation.

Quote:
ps Why do you think other companies sell more filters than K&N?
Because Toyota won't install K&N on their vehicles even 1% of the time?

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Closed Thread