![]() |
|
|
|
#127 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Black Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
|
Aem I think. I got it all set up now. I was looking at my oil pressure and it was about 20psi at it's lowest...... There is also a funny sound scratching sound when I let off the throttle and just cruise. This is also when my oil pressure starts to drop from 60 down to 20. While in boost it's fine tho. I am taking my time with it scince when I let off the throttle it goes lean. I need those injectors asap.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#128 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
|
Quote:
Also, you don't really need 1ZZ injectors. If you'd like the additional margin of safety it wouldn't hurt though. I'll sell you mine if you need some. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#129 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 07 Yaris Turbo Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
|
60 down to 20 on oil pressure is fine.
Off throttle, it should go off the charts lean (because no fuel is being injected), my gauge shows " - - - " which is beyond 16:1 That's normal too.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific. |
|
|
|
|
|
#130 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Black Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
|
Ok cool was getting worried alittle. I don't even have a CEL. It's all been good so far I am still too afraid to really get on it with out the injectors so expect pm Focus! And thanks to everyone that help and guided me. Custom is the way to go you learn so much and I am confident in my build. No smoke, no leak, no CEL! Now got to tidy up all the wiring a bit then get my water lines in next maybe
|
|
|
|
|
|
#131 |
|
C'est la vie
Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 482
|
With tuning from the AEM you should be good up to about 6 psi with the stock injectors. Are U using a oil restrictor on the feed line? There should be a 1.5mm restrictor on the banjo bolt for the oil feed line into the turbo. This keeps oil pressure normal in your engine by not allowing all the prssure to bleed through your turbo housing. Also would you mind posting a picture of your downpipe. We are using the same turbo and I'm just curious how yours looks.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#132 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Black Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#133 |
![]() Drives: Yaris 5 doors Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastern township Qc
Posts: 12
|
Just one question, is it the wideband O2 we see on your downpipe?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#134 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Black Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
|
Quote:
Yea it is. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#135 |
![]() Drives: Yaris 5 doors Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eastern township Qc
Posts: 12
|
Last week, I was reading the installation instruction for my wideband and I saw that on page 3:
Sensor Mounting A weld-in M18 X 1.5 boss is supplied for sensor installation. Mount the O2 sensor in the exhaust system at least 18 inches downstream from the exhaust port. If you anticipate high EGT's (over 800C), run a turbocharger, run at high RPM for extended periods of time or plan on running leaded race fuel then you must mount the sensor at least 36 inches or more downstream of the exhaust port as all of these can cause the sensor to overheat. http://www.aemelectronics.com/Images...%2030-5130.pdf I hope your sensor will last at this emplacement. |
|
|
|
|
|
#136 |
|
C'est la vie
Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 482
|
Nice downpipe. Is that 2.5"? Where is your factory O2sensor? I also bought some heat wrap for my turbo and downpipe because the under hood temps get crazy hot without it. Over time plastic gets very brittle and breaks easily if is gots so hot all the time. Things like wire connectors will break very easily if it is always so hot under the hood. Very common with mitsubishi's and V dub's. Just a sugestion.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#137 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Black Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
|
Yea I just now remembered about that 18" thing might have to switch it with the o2 on the other side. As for the heat I dont have that problem with heat yet cause I hardly even hit 5psi but I will get wrapping for it next week when I get paided and also try to see if I can relocate the O2. O and it's 2.5 good guess
|
|
|
|
|
|
#138 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Black Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
|
Has any1 experience there boost gauge needle being shaky/jerky at times? I have no leak and it's not pinched. I also hear the turbo boosting at partial throttle and there is a slow responds from the gauge. Gonna get rid of that plastic hose and run a rubber one. Make me wonder if I have a boost leak somewhere.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#139 |
|
C'est la vie
Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 482
|
I can hear mine start spooling at zero psi and higher even under light accel. It has very little lag.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#140 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Black Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
|
Lol I think you missed my question. How's your boost gauge? Lol. If this next thing doesn't work then I might try tapping into the wastegate. Might not be as accurate cause it will show higher psi but there should be less lag
|
|
|
|
|
|
#141 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
|
I've noticed both of those things happening as well. Not sure about the jerky needle, but if you reach a certain throttle position and hold it, it's definitely possible for exhaust pressure to build enough to begin spooling slightly.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#142 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Black Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
|
What do you think about tapping the wg for the boost gauge?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#143 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Black Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
|
Got my first CEL... Fuel system too lean lol. Can't wait for those injectors. I will order my FIC Thursday for now I am staying out of boost. My idle afr sometimes even dips to the 16s :(
Last edited by Yoda; 12-12-2010 at 08:04 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#144 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Scion xA Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
|
what kind of boost gauge is it? some come with a vac-T with a built in restrictor so the vac signal is dampened. Also when tapping off the evap noid line, the boost gauge needle may shake at idle when that evap noid pulsates / turns on. Nothing really is wrong.
__________________
Ptuning.com |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Turbo Project Yaris TS 1.8L | CASTREX | Yaris TS Talk | 40 | 08-21-2009 10:24 AM |
| HKS turbo timer type 1 | Tamago | Performance Modifications | 3 | 07-21-2009 11:59 AM |
| Turbo Kit - trade for stock parts! | crankyelbow | Items for Sale by private party | 62 | 02-03-2009 12:30 PM |
| delayed turbo project... | joey1320 | Forced Induction Forum | 8 | 09-26-2007 11:18 PM |
| Vitz Rs turbo vs U.S. Yaris add turbo? | weaponrcamry | Performance Modifications | 18 | 08-09-2006 08:45 PM |