Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #127
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 3,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
What can you do? Not the car's fault. It's a woman driver!!!
I love seeing stuff like this because I'm a grade A ball breaker, but you gotta be careful these days because you make the wrong joke around the wrong person and next thing you know, you find yourself me too'd
__________________
On Instagram

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #128
Lukama_jr
I've made a post!
 
Drives: Toyota Vitz
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Tanzania
Posts: 1
Good people you are.
please help, im from east africa, Tanzania, own my little guy kia sportage 2000 year. im looking for sensors, airflow sensor, and other two.. i will send them right when i get back home. any reliable site that sell or store, will be glad to hear. thank you.
Lukama_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #129
kimona
Super Moderator
 
kimona's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
I've test driven most of the Hyundai (and a few of the Kia) lineup... and I liked most of the models.

However, IMHO, there are far too many customer complaints about the vehicles as well as miserable customer service, and far too many recalls for engine defects, failures, and fire risk to even consider a Hyundai or Kia... at any price.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #130
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 3,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukama_jr View Post
Good people you are.
please help, im from east africa, Tanzania, own my little guy kia sportage 2000 year. im looking for sensors, airflow sensor, and other two.. i will send them right when i get back home. any reliable site that sell or store, will be glad to hear. thank you.
Some of the guys here might be able to help, but I think you would find a lot more info on the Kia forum
__________________
On Instagram

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:23 PM   #131
Hamster
 
Hamster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 5-Door Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I love seeing stuff like this because I'm a grade A ball breaker, but you gotta be careful these days because you make the wrong joke around the wrong person and next thing you know, you find yourself me too'd
It's so unfortunate that people are so dang sensitive these days with their fake outrage. By the way, I am female, and I find jokes about bad women drivers hilarious. Because there's some truth to those jokes! There's nothing more dangerous than a soccer mom in an SUV. I live within a short walking distance to a shopping center, and I walk over to the grocery store there a couple times a week. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly gotten hit by a "busy mom" in a SUV who's too busy to yield to a pedestrian when I'm crossing the street to get to the shopping center. It's scary. When you're on foot, you have no steel cage or airbags to protect you. Male drivers have always yielded to me when I have the right of way as a pedestrian.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:52 AM   #132
Whiplash
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 4DR
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 99
Over here is mostly soccer moms in minivans since they are made here. Dads as well, but they spring for a RAM.
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #133
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 3,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
It's so unfortunate that people are so dang sensitive these days with their fake outrage. By the way, I am female, and I find jokes about bad women drivers hilarious. Because there's some truth to those jokes! There's nothing more dangerous than a soccer mom in an SUV. I live within a short walking distance to a shopping center, and I walk over to the grocery store there a couple times a week. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly gotten hit by a "busy mom" in a SUV who's too busy to yield to a pedestrian when I'm crossing the street to get to the shopping center. It's scary. When you're on foot, you have no steel cage or airbags to protect you. Male drivers have always yielded to me when I have the right of way as a pedestrian.
I tip my hat to ya for not living that recreational outrage life!
__________________
On Instagram

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #134
Hamster
 
Hamster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 5-Door Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 333
ern-diz I'm not a sensitive snowflake. LOL! It's so annoying that these sensitive snowflakes get their panties in a wad over everything. They're total control freaks. It's like you can't make an off-color joke or wear a funny Halloween costume anymore. And if you do, they'll start crying and posting hashtags on their Facebook accounts.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #135
junorico24
 
junorico24's Avatar
 
Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 642
She crashed it again. Hit a bunch of shopping carts at the mall. In the smash repairs. Looks like I'm gonna have to hire a car.

Those darth vader looking Yaris it is. I miss driving manual so I'd go with manual this time.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:44 PM   #136
suprf1y
 
suprf1y's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Echo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Waterford Ontario
Posts: 131
My mom is on her second Kia Soul and loves it.

I was car shopping for my wife a few years ago and looking at a Kia Koup, so I asked a buddy who is in the repair industry, and has owned a number of Kia's. He said they're fine cars for for the money but at about 100k the repairs will start.

I didn't want to take the chance and bought something else.
suprf1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #137
junorico24
 
junorico24's Avatar
 
Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 642
YO! they didn't have a YARIS.

But I got something better a Camry Hybrid.

These things are revelation. It's Amazeball.

Quiet AF and smooth. I haven't smiled in a while driving a car until i got in this one.

Last edited by junorico24; 02-13-2019 at 07:47 PM.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:01 AM   #138
Whiplash
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 4DR
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 99
Almost anything will make you smile after driving a yaris.
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:44 AM   #139
Leegamer
 
Leegamer's Avatar
 
Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ashland, VA
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
Almost anything will make you smile after driving a yaris.
Anything is fun to drive if you're brave enough.
__________________
I'm a hermit named Lee
Leegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #140
Whiplash
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris 4DR
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 99
^Yes for sure.
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:10 PM   #141
justanotherdrunk
 
justanotherdrunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 SE
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,166
even an old Buick LeSabre







Last edited by justanotherdrunk; 02-28-2019 at 11:29 AM.
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:54 PM   #142
kimona
Super Moderator
 
kimona's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holy-shit-yale-blue-tshirt.jpg (91.4 KB, 98 views)
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:14 AM   #143
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
even an old Buick LeSabre



Totally reminds me of my teen years. I got airborne in a couple vehicles. The two that achieved the greatest altitude were my parents' VW van and a neighbour's '69 Olds Cutlass. Also managed - and I don't know how - to drive on two wheels (passenger side wheels) for at least 100m in the VW van. Those were the days!
__________________


2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:21 AM   #144
zoidberg444
 
zoidberg444's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 06 - 5dr hatchback
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
even an old Buick LeSabre



Only 4 wheeled vehicle i have ever been off the road in was a 1.7 Diesel Vauxhall Astra. It was a work car. Late at night. I was on a callout barrelling down a country road at... well... At least 60mph and then out of nowhere is a roundabout and i went sailing right over it into the air and landed some distance down the road. There were ugly tyres marks on the grass bank. The car landed hard, lots of crunch and tyre squeal. Kept it on the road though. What can i say. I think many years of mis-spent youth playing Grand Theft Auto prepared me.

I'm not sure if i did any permanent damage to the car. It was a wreck anyway. Used to spew black smoke and It was on its 2nd gearbox and had done 178,000 miles when i did that. I think the engine threw a rod a few weeks after that.
__________________
- Yaris 2006, 1.0, 5 door hatchback "Betty" - 240,000 miles
UK to Nordkapp in a Yaris
zoidberg444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List of wheels that fit Yaris billfires Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 12 03-04-2025 05:46 AM
What are your favorite non-Yaris alternatives, and why? Kalispel General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 81 09-25-2015 07:44 PM
Hyundai and Kia are to pay fines for lying about fuel economy !!! DanMC Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 8 11-06-2012 04:58 PM
2012 Kia Rio Kal-El Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 21 04-30-2011 05:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.