Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-20-2006, 01:14 PM   #145
littlecarlove

Drives: Want a Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy
might be the oldest member at 89

That’s awesome!

I’m 44. Don’t have a Yaris yet, but a Bayou Blue LB is in my very near future.

Hays
littlecarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #146
theladybug

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch 5-Dr LE B Pkg
I'm 27, and my YarisHB was actually my first "new car" purchase [had always purchased used cars, previously]. I will admit, price was a HUGE factor in deciding on this car. But so was a bunch of other things, like Toyota quality... or fuel economy... or how I'd always previously owned domestics and had TERRIBLE experiences with them [and who ISN'T owned or part-owned by GM or Ford these days?]...

...and well, principle was a huge part of it too - I like the way Toyota runs their business, and I think the princples by which they run their company (continuous improvement, respect for people) are admirable.
theladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #147
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
I'm 50... sold a Jeep Cherokee so that I can move "up" to a Yaris liftback!
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #148
entreri_21

Drives: '07 Silver Yaris Sedan
26 y/o. This is my 4th car. Love it. 'Nuff said.
entreri_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:54 AM   #149
Sabina74
Yaris Lover!!!

Drives: Yaris 1.0 Sol 5 doors liftback
Send a message via MSN to Sabina74
i'm 32 now but i bought the car when i was 26
Old 05-07-2007, 08:21 AM   #150
15thJuneYarisNamedHaris

Drives: Yaris YR 5 door Caribbean Blue
25! Quite relieved to see so many buyers my age or older as so many people in the Australian thread appear to have been born in the late 80s! Was starting to feel v old!!!
15thJuneYarisNamedHaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #151
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
I'm 33. I chose the Yaris b/c fuel economy makes me feel like responsible adult, while ease of modding suits the part of me that will never grow up!
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #152
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
27... I chose the Yaris because it was the Cheapest new car I could buy, that wasn't a Hyundai... I HATE HYUNDAI... but anyway, Now I know I wouldn't of been as happy with a $20,000 as I am with the Yaris... I lucked out!

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #153
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
I'm 28.. Got into the import scene in '99 When I bought my '97 Civic Ex. It was a great car, I ended up selling it to my friend this winter and started driving my Explorer everyday. That got expensive really quick. I've always been a fan of the Vitz, and wished they were in the states. So I decided it was time to jump on the Yaris with gas prices being the way they are. I love this little car. Can't wait to do a few mods to the suspension and wheels, it'll handle like a go-cart. lol
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #154
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
I am 19 and this is my third car. Once I first got my license (16), my parents bought me a used 98 dodge neon rt. But at 70,000 miles the power steering went out and it was to expensive to fix. At the age of 17 my mom gave me her 2001 Camry le(auto)that was paid off. I started modifying it(a intake-->my screen name lol) exhaust, and tint was basically it. It had about 60,000 mile and I added about 9,??? miles on it. I was also saving my own money at the time working full time(18 yrs old) Once I graduated high school put my first down payment on on the car, and my parents paid for the rest. I only pay for gas and half of the monthly payments on the car as of now. Im glad I don't pay insurance cause it is a killer. I am now in college(full time), graduate in January 2008, and work part time as program assistant. I bought the car because I wanted my own car, not my moms camry(no offense, but camry's are for a mid aged crowd) the yaris looked just right for me. Not to girly not to boyish either. Just what a typical person like me was looking for. And it's a 5 speed whoo hooo!!!
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)

Last edited by weaponrcamry; 05-07-2007 at 01:05 PM.
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #155
The Stig

Drives: 07 LB MM 5spd, 99 M Coupe
32 here, bought the Yaris LB for weekday commute...Figured gas won't get any cheaper, and I really want to retire my M Coupe to "quality miles" only...However, that doesn't mean the Yaris isn't fun
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #156
MrJester

Drives: homo
23 here sedan just looks nice to me.
MrJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #157
ItalianYaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris TS
Send a message via AIM to ItalianYaris Send a message via MSN to ItalianYaris
Im 26! But it seems to me the Yaris has a very young crowd of followers and fans! LOL. COOL!!!!!!
ItalianYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #158
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianYaris View Post
Im 26! But it seems to me the Yaris has a very young crowd of followers and fans! LOL. COOL!!!!!!
Well, some of us only FEEL young, but it really makes little difference. I bought the Yaris because I wanted a car that was fun to drive, and a new Yaris fit my budget as well as an older Golf. Now I wouln't touch the Golf anyway. As far as "upgrading" to a Corolla, you have to be kidding! Buy a boring "old-guy" car? I'm only 51 fer krissakes!
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #159
Lickitung

Drives: 2007 Toyta Yaris
I'm 25 and this is the first car that I have ever purchased, my last vehicle was a gift from my parents when I started college. When the truck my parents bought for me died I knew I wanted either a honda or toyota since they are known for being reliable. My truck (chevy s-10) was always in the shop so I didn't want to deal with that again. The guys at toyota offered a much better deal than the guys at honda when I was looking at the fit, so I went with the Yaris. It was cute, reliable and in my price range.

Last edited by Lickitung; 05-07-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Lickitung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #160
weaponrcamry

Drives: Camry LE/Yaris Hatch 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedDesign View Post
I'm 22. Might even trade my SVTf for it... lol. Well... depending on what the aftermarket's like.
Oh their are some aftermarket parts. You just got to look at my sig.. To Get them. LOL
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)****** **"( @)
weaponrcamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #161
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK

I wanted a small h/b
Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #162
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I'm 26, bought my Yaris last year at 25. This was my first new car, 2nd hatch (1st was a dodge omni, slow, but could handle better than anything, and it got 35mpg), and my 7th vehicle overall. Got it to replace my dependable but gas guzzling '87 Chevy Astro van. I hate Kia and Hyundai, so those were no-goes. The chevy aveo just didn't do it for me and the mpg wasn't as impressive as I wanted. I needed something that got at least 35mpg and mazda just didn't have what I needed. I also wanted a Toyota for their reputation and my own personal experiences with the brand. I bought a '77 corolla wagon (deluxe 5-speed model with a 1.6L) for $80 at auction) and I would trash that thing and it NEVER quite purring. My mom also had a '81 corolla that had about 500k on it before she gave it away, and my grandmother always had corollas since '72. She swore by them and only owned 3 of them in her lifetime and none gave her issues. My uncle is still driving her '72 around. I also like how toyota has been working with hybrid models while GM was putting in essance useless hybrid systems out. I was planning on getting a xB, but the Yaris came out and had better styling and better mpg. I fell in love with it on the website, and when I went to the dealer to "win" one (sales gimick flyer) they had one on the lot and I bought it after a 20 minute test drive and the salesguy crunching the numbers. They were only going to give me $500 for the van, which was BS because the book value for trade in was $1,250 (it was low mileage and in pretty good shape for being that old.) So I sold it privately for $1,000 on the spot and the guy who bought it gave me the money w/o even sitting in it or hearing it run.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote