Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #145
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisitis View Post
Really? The ticket I got doesn't say how much the fine is.

Does getting this ticket get reported to the DMV and negatively affect my driving record?

I'm thinking I might get the tint removed, go get it signed off by the CHP and pay the reduced fine. Then go get my windows re-tinted lighter.
It doesn't say it anywhere? They might have changed it now.

Any tint unless it's 70% or lighter is illegal in Cali. 70% is basically a UV filter and doesn't really darken the windows.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #146
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Any tint unless it's 70% or lighter is illegal in Cali. 70% is basically a UV filter and doesn't really darken the windows.
yeah true but i used to have a saab that had that all around and it didnt look half bad
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #147
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhifer View Post
I do agree that there are some jerk off cops but if you did their job for years and years, you'd be the exact same. I wouldn't say it's a power trip. I mean, imagine being called names and maybe even getting hit by a suspect and all you can do is arrest him. Any normal person would want to smack em. Imagine you arrest a suspect who raped your mother and all you can do is arrest them with "reasonable force." imagine a cop doing their job and arrests a robbery suspect and then is released because of insufficient evidence because the DA doesn't have $ to prosecute and you see the criminal in the street laughing at your face. Imagine the person who break your yaris window to steal your deck and gets away because of "insufficient evidence." wouldn't all the pressure build up? So when a cop see some petty little violation, it's quite angering ( I'm nice though ). I suppose it's not an excuse but it's understandable. All I have to say is don't let the media make you think otherwise of cops. They are there to protect you when you're in shit or when your family is in shit. Sometimes it's better to be thankful. If you have problems with the law, go fist fight the law makers. Morning posts... IDK what I just typed :) /rant2
I know being a cop is hard work and there's a lot of pressure, but that still doesn't give them the right to go on power trips and basically choose who they want to pull over (speaking from experience). Like really though, I was driving 60 mph that one time and the officer chose to pull me over rather than the people who were going like 80+ mph. Who is more dangerous, me with tint and driving 60, or people weaving in and out doing 80+? Like seriously?

Also, I don't let the media influence me in anything (I haven't really seen cops on the media either, but then again, I don't really watch the news).
Old 02-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #148
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
I'm Asian and I drove a 2002 Camaro Z28 for a while and was pulled over due to 35% tint up front. Ohhhh it happens. It was an Asian cop too. Couldn't haven't seen my face.
That's rather unfortunate then, maybe the Asian cop was just profiling against domestics?

I think out of all the people I've seen pulled over (on the freeway), only one or two have been domestic cars. I would say 90% were tuner cars and Asian brands in general, and the rest were European cars.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #149
Kaotic Lazagna

Oh, and I know several cops. One parks his cars in handicap parking all day long and "tells" people to not bother citing his car. Yup, power trip.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #150
Kaotic Lazagna

Oh, and just for the record, not trying to argue, just ranting on my experience. hahaha
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #151
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
i spit on cop cars
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #152
Kaotic Lazagna

I can also give a good experience if you'd like ;)
Old 02-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #153
yarisitis

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
It doesn't say it anywhere? They might have changed it now.

Nope, doesn't have the fine amount anywhere.

Yeah, I know basically any tint on the front windows is illegal in CA, but I'm hoping by going lighter cops will be less inclined to pull me over for it. I have 15% on my front windows which is pretty dark so I guess I was asking for it. Especially driving in this area.
yarisitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #154
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
I just parked next to car In "NY state" that has tint (side and and rear) so dark, I could not see a thing insided even standing right next to it. Anyone who gets a tint ticket deserves it if they purposely install tints that they know is not legal.
WTF do they expect?

BTW, it's not only the police that need to see inside a car.
As a driver on the road, I also want to know WTF the driver next to me is doing.
Are they drinking? Are they on their phone, etc?
WTF are they trying to hide??

I'm sorry to be so harsh but, I take driving very seriously.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #155
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Off topic but for all of you who think cops have nothing to do, think again. Most of you won't survive a day in their shoes. Also, when poop hits the fan, who do you call? Who's going to drive code 3 to try to save your ass and to keep you safe. The reasons cops pull over people with tint is to get a probable cause on a bigger arrest. Maybe a person with a gun going to a robbery or etc. If you don't want to be pulled over, then don't tint your windows or leave the front plate off. Don't give Mr/Ms Popo a probable cause to pull yo asses over. You pay to play. Simple /rant. I'm going to tint my fronts 35%
Pure and total BS. Most days a cop does nothing, unless they are in a large city.

Any body that needs a cop to keep them safe is pathetic. The cop isn't going to be their at 1am in the morning to stop that mugger. The cop isn't going to be their when someone tries to break into your house. If you can't protect yourself, your toast. Police were never meant to deal with every little thing, they were meant for the big things. Our society is just so screwed up that those in power want every else to be weaklings. Screw that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewai View Post
tints do not affect driving record as its an equipment violation not a moving violation

and thats exactly what im trying to do get lighter tints like 65-70% but they are had to find for some reason every where i go they say 50% is the lightest
Thats bs. Maybe the shops in your area are just morons. I have my windows tinted and I've never had a problem. Just went to a good shop I trust and had them put on the legal limit.

If you really can't have front tint in CA you should really fix that. So stupid.

Quote:
I do agree that there are some jerk off cops but if you did their job for years and years, you'd be the exact same. I wouldn't say it's a power trip. I mean, imagine being called names and maybe even getting hit by a suspect and all you can do is arrest him. Any normal person would want to smack em. Imagine you arrest a suspect who raped your mother and all you can do is arrest them with "reasonable force." imagine a cop doing their job and arrests a robbery suspect and then is released because of insufficient evidence because the DA doesn't have $ to prosecute and you see the criminal in the street laughing at your face. Imagine the person who break your yaris window to steal your deck and gets away because of "insufficient evidence." wouldn't all the pressure build up? So when a cop see some petty little violation, it's quite angering ( I'm nice though ). I suppose it's not an excuse but it's understandable. All I have to say is don't let the media make you think otherwise of cops. They are there to protect you when you're in shit or when your family is in shit. Sometimes it's better to be thankful. If you have problems with the law, go fist fight the law makers. Morning posts... IDK what I just typed :) /rant2

no i woudn't. I've met some jerk cops, some cops that were in a bad mood, and some good cops. Good cops never have power trips. They understand who they are and what they are suppose to do. Bad cops think they are above the law. They give all cops a terrible reputation.

Now our society is being screwed up because their are morons that hate everyone. Everyone, including police, need to fight people tooth and nails with everything they have when they want to make a big deal about something stupid. They're are people with no life trying to make a fight about the dumbest shit. If we don't fight them every single time as hard as possible, we're all going to be screwed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisitis View Post
Nope, doesn't have the fine amount anywhere.

Yeah, I know basically any tint on the front windows is illegal in CA, but I'm hoping by going lighter cops will be less inclined to pull me over for it. I have 15% on my front windows which is pretty dark so I guess I was asking for it. Especially driving in this area.
So stupid. I can never remember the name of the organization, but this is why we need groups to fight the government on idiotic rules like this. SUV's tint can be anything, yet cars can't?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #156
xhifer

Drives: none
sigh... close minded people.. You say cops think they're above the law and you tinting your window doesn't make you think you're above the law? Don't contradict yourself. Your logic is flawed buddy(s). Cops are public servants, if you're nice, they have no reason to be assholes to anyone. Cops are human too. I am not going to comment anymore.
xhifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #157
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
Quote:
The way you come off already tells you're not a "real cop." "Real calls" do not happen every second, so why can't a "fake cop" enforce the vehicle code? What exactly do you do for the Sheriff's Office?
I never ONCE said i was a "COP" i said i work for the broward county sheriff's office. i work in one of the county jails. but as i said, i know and speak to numerous deputies, and city police on a regular basis. as well as i own dark tints on ALL of my vehicles. i have never been pulled over once for illegal tints in the 11 years of myself owning and driving vehicles.

I can see if your speeding and the cop is a dick and he just wants to give you a few extra tickets such as tint, seat belt, registration etc because yourself is acting rude ... but not just pull you over and waste time on a matter like that. yes there arent always emergency calls there is quite abit of down time in the law enforcement and corrections fields believe me i know lol but as the old saying goes " We dont get paid for what we do, we get paid for What could happen."

By the way since your speaking like your a "cop" yourself, what is it you do ?? Are you just one of the fanboys who dreams to be one, but doesn't have the gumption to actually go out and try?? Or maybe one of these guys who has a picture of yourself in swat gear on your facebook page trying to impersonate one??? either way i can tell you ARE NOT ONE.......
Old 02-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #158
xhifer

I said I won't post but since you're being direct. I have already finished the police academy and am currently going through backgrounds with several agencies. I learned a lot being in the academy. I also learned a lot being a normal person and encountering cops. I have encountered some ASSHOLE cops in San Francisco. I suppose living in San Francisco is completely different from other cities. I guess we're all bias when it comes to opinions. YOU are right, I am not a LEO YET. :) And If I were, I'm sure I'd say the same thing.

FANBOY, I am.. If I wasn't, I wouldn't want to become one myself. I respect what they do on a day to day basis. I've had the gumption and went out and qualified myself and obviously tried. I had to work my ass off to make $ to self-sponsor myself (Was 20 y/o and getting hired then was 0 to none possibility). Thank you. I have never had any swat gear and do not have a facebook page and have never impersonated a cop. Either way, one day I will be a LEO.

Are you a CO for the SO? I don't want to make assumptions like you did me...
Old 02-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #159
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
Quote:
I said I won't post but since you're being direct. I have already finished the police academy and am currently going through backgrounds with several agencies. I learned a lot being in the academy. I also learned a lot being a normal person and encountering cops. I have encountered some ASSHOLE cops in San Francisco. I suppose living in San Francisco is completely different from other cities. I guess we're all bias when it comes to opinions. YOU are right, I am not a LEO YET. :) And If I were, I'm sure I'd say the same thing.

FANBOY, I am.. If I wasn't, I wouldn't want to become one myself. I respect what they do on a day to day basis. I've had the gumption and went out and qualified myself and obviously tried. I had to work my ass off to make $ to self-sponsor myself (Was 20 y/o and getting hired then was 0 to none possibility). Thank you. I have never had any swat gear and do not have a facebook page and have never impersonated a cop. Either way, one day I will be a LEO.

Are you a CO for the SO? I don't want to make assumptions like you did me...

I'm a dentention aide, and you ask what is that ? you know how cops and sheriffs have police aides and community service aides? well thats me but the jail version. i have 8 years in already, and if you ask why didnt i try to get certified after so long its because i have tried a few years back, didnt have any luck. plus when the ecomomy tanked, not only did they stop doing academies but they also demoted 250 deputies at my agency. they did however started to accept apps again for dentention and road deputies, so im actually starting the process again.

Ohh... so you put yourself in an academy?? you didnt get sponsored... hmmmm well best of luck to you bro

by the way dont take anything personal remember this is just an online forum
Old 02-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #160
xhifer

I didn't take anything personally. Trust me, I have thick thick skin. Hope you feel the same. Tell me about it... I self-sponsored myself because the economy is/was crap and plus I was only 20 when I self-sponsored myself. I am 21 now and still looked down as inexperience. I have to go on the oral board and sell myself and explain why I am "experienced" and had "life-exp."

Good luck in your process as well. With 8 years in, I don't see why you won't make it through the process. I just hope you're in shape now after working in the jails for 8 years. Haha.

We are going way off topic. My apologies.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #161
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
if you're nice, they have no reason to be assholes to anyone. Cops are human too. I am not going to comment anymore.
Again, coming from personal experience, I was nice/polite both times I was pulled over for tint, and BOTH times the officers talked to me like I was shiznit. Why, I have no clue. They could have been on their rag or having a bad day, but that doesn't mean they should take it out on me.

And as stated before, there are good cops and bad cops, and it is those who think they are God that gives cops a bad rep. It is very similar to doctors.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #162
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
So stupid. I can never remember the name of the organization, but this is why we need groups to fight the government on idiotic rules like this. SUV's tint can be anything, yet cars can't?
I don't think trucks/SUV's can have front window tint in Cali. The back windows in cars can be any darkness you want in Cali, just can't have anything darker than 70% in the front two windows, and the front windshield can't be touched except the top 4 or so inches.