Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #145
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisPR View Post
I keep getting terrible 60feets!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll post later the timeslips, only manage to pull 16.6 @ 84mph


But I keep pulling 83mph from 16.7 all the way to my slowest time 17.5
those are decent times really, I never bettered a 16.8 na. Your traps should be consistant, as they are more relying on the cars power.

General rule of thumb, et is driver trap is car.
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #146
mario98c
 
mario98c's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 09 STD
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,227
Number #8 is my time. 17.0@81mph Mods: Afe Intake, TRD Exhaust, Underdrive pulley, cats and resonator deleted and Bad Driver Mod
__________________
mario98c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #147
YarisPR
 
YarisPR's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MayaWest, Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,574
16.6 @ 84


We Are going on the list
__________________
I Drive a 129whp Yaris ;)
YarisPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #148
YarisPR
 
YarisPR's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MayaWest, Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario98c View Post
Number #8 is my time. 17.0@81mph Mods: Afe Intake, TRD Exhaust, Underdrive pulley, cats and resonator deleted and Bad Driver Mod
There's my 17.5 @ 83.. same millage of my 16.7
__________________
I Drive a 129whp Yaris ;)
YarisPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #149
mario98c
 
mario98c's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 09 STD
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,227
16.798@81.41 Afe Intake, TRD Exhaust, Underdrive pulley, cats and resonator deleted
__________________
mario98c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #150
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
hey here is a cool tool I ran across . http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html
It is good for determining real world whp numbers, et's, and trap speeds. I entered a few numbers and it seems accuate. Our ta tc weighs 2750lbs(W driver ), 550whp and it trapped at 134.8mph.... the calculator was within 2mph. My xa with 190whp ran 13.6 at 104mph.... calculator was super close. This calculator is also good for determining whether the dyno numbers from your dyno are bs.
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #151
PETERPOOP
 
PETERPOOP's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 white liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oahu
Posts: 3,674
nice tool. Says I should be able to get into the high 13s. Too bad we don't have a 1/4 mile, or any track. :(
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #152
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Why does it say "rear wheel horsepower"?

It says I have a 10 second car.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #153
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
nice tool. Says I should be able to get into the high 13s. Too bad we don't have a 1/4 mile, or any track. :(
oh man... that sux. but where u are is nice tho
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #154
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Why does it say "rear wheel horsepower"?

It says I have a 10 second car.
i assume mostly american drag car guys use it. There are more et calculators online, this one I like because the traps are also given.... trap speed is determined by hp and weight. for us fwd guys the et's are on the optimistic side.
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #155
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
Dragstrip Sunday, Im coming for the number one spot Garm.
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #156
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ I suck at drag racing!

And if you do, that will be my inspiration to do better next time..... go for it!
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #157
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ I suck at drag racing!

And if you do, that will be my inspiration to do better next time..... go for it!
i dunno man, u cut a 1.7 60 ft. That is good
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #158
PETERPOOP
 
PETERPOOP's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 white liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oahu
Posts: 3,674
garm, you really need to hit the 1/4 mile WAY more. killing me.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #159
PETERPOOP
 
PETERPOOP's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 white liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oahu
Posts: 3,674
Taken from MI forums...

"Weld drag wheels
MT 8" x 14" x 22" od"

http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...ghlight=slicks
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #160
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I launch at just over 5000
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:04 AM   #161
str8Yaris
 
str8Yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan Supercharged
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SG, So Cal
Posts: 248
Hey garm did u go yesterday??? I didn't do to good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I launch at just over 5000
str8Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #162
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
I broke an axle after a few passes , but changed it and continued .... this is my best et pass. My best trap was 113.5, on a 12.72 run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03132011-003.jpg (210.1 KB, 213 views)
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL Yaris SEDAN thread SimmZ Photo-Video-Media Gallery 1706 06-22-2025 05:33 AM
Official Scangauge II Thread - Share your Data, Discuss Settings ,Problems, Findings! TRD_Yaris General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 183 02-01-2017 12:18 PM
Get your post counts here! *read 1st post for rules* Astroman Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 3414 11-04-2012 09:03 AM
The Official "Bambo the Yarisworld Traveler" thread (V1) nemesisz Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 3 11-08-2008 10:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.