Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #145
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
I still have my stock header + heat shield. I noticed this rattling as soon as I was done the install... I can't imagine that it was just coincidence that my heat shield got loose right at the same time! Must be something else. A/C coolant lines vibrating together maybe? They run into the cabin.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #146
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i have some under-hood rattling these days at 600rpm-ish idle....i dont have a/c or any mods right now....not sure that helps much
Old 03-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #147
Saggio
Top Notch!

Drives: 2008
Still no pics...
Saggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #148
rpalai

Drives: 2008 NEW Yaris 2-door Liftback
Could you PLEASE help me??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whooppee777 View Post
it works. only took 9 hours feels AWESOME! pix and video soon to come
Hello! My mechanic just finished installing the Blitz Supercharging system on my 2008 Yaris. Well, all except for wiring up the fuel controller module. There is a problem...the wiring instructions SUCK!! They are not only unclear, but they seem to be reversed (upside down) with respect to the onboard sockets on the OEM ECU where the wires need to be connected to. Both he and I are afraid to wire it up and trun it on for fear of frying the ECM and/or the fuel controller since the included wring diagram makes no sense at all. It shows wires going to ports on the ECM that are blanks; like I said, it appears to be drawn upside down....not sure...? I would GLADLY pay you if you could help me out with the correct wiring for the controller as I can not get my car finsished as it stands and I need to get it back from m mechanic's shop. My wife ia all over me and it is actaully the car that she uses daily and she is screaming mad at me....I tried finidng out from Garm who sold it to me, but he does not know either as he just sells these systems and has not installed them...Can you help? Thanks! Rich Palais rpalai
rpalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #149
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
If you want the connectors and pins to make sense, you actually have to look down on the connector through the wires. I believe that is the orientation.

Or, you can do the mental gymnastics and realize that it is reversed. I think the diagram shows the pins in relation to the ECU if you look down on the ECU.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #150
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Thanks for helping my customer out -- I just don't have an answer for him.

Richard, if you could be specific about which two wires you are having trouble placing, that would help - colors?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #151
LtNoogie

If you look at the first picture. It's the large connector from a bottom view. The second picture is the wiring diagram just as if you were looking directly at the pins of the ECU. Imagine rotating the connector harness down to mate with the diagram. See how the three rows of six pins on the left will mate up?

So to find the right wires, we looked at the connector from the top (wire side) and counted pins to match the diagram.

Last edited by LtNoogie; 03-14-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #152
LtNoogie

Hey Peter, I've uploaded another video. Waiting for YouTube to process.

It's not as spectacular as your last one but it shows a vacuum/boost gauge and wideband in action while driving.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #153
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
nice nice! glad you're contributing the Blitz archives. I can't wait to see the wideband in action. Pretty lights.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #154
LtNoogie

I hope. The video is a little blurry because of zoom and my camera mount was shaking like crazy. This is my first time using Microsoft Movie Maker. It's a pretty cool tool.

What in the heck does YouTube do with a video that takes so long to process?!?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #155
PETERPOOP

I use movie maker for all my videos.

Youtube has been acting kind of weird. Some videos it processes forever and ever. So those I decide to delete and just re upload. It should only take 5 minutes at most to process. Unless it's a HUGE file like my HD movie I did for the yaris, that will take a long time.

The trick to getting the youtube to convert your video to give you the "HQ" (high quality) option when viewing, is to make the movie file as big as you can on movie maker. The bigger the file, the clearer it is, thus youtube can give you the option to view in HQ. After you upload and when the video is available to view, sometimes it is still processing to give you the option for "HQ."
Old 03-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #156
LtNoogie

Can you view this? YouTube says it's still processing but I can view it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05RZSyraA5Y
Old 03-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #157
PETERPOOP

YES! and you got the "HQ" option with it too! Niceeee

I'm about to test drive my car. Just finished installing the Megan header. Brb
Old 03-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #158
PETERPOOP

Wow the header really opened up the restricted air flow. I can now SMOOTHLY accelerate without a feeling of restriction. I think i can really feel the difference with the header because I am putting out more HP than a stock car does. Most cars that are stock can't feel a significant difference with an aftermarket header; but I really can! I can't imagine now with a 2.25" headerback exhaust! yeeeeeeee

Noogie: I looked at your other videos on your youtube account; did you REALLY tape all those strings onto the back of your windshield!!?!
Old 03-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #159
LtNoogie

Is that your butt dyno speaking? How long before we see a new graph? I'm still waiting for someone to take me up on my offer for dynoing a stock Yaris.

Hey, my video is meant to be instructive. I'll leave the pulse-raising, marketing videos to you.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:12 AM   #160
PETERPOOP

Yes, my butt dyno speaking. But it's not more so a power increase, just a smoother transition and from the low RPMs to redline. Anywho, I will continue with my thrilling videos!

You still didn't answer the question about you taping all those strings onto your back windshield and looking like a crazy person.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:29 AM   #161
LtNoogie

LOL. My butt dyno says that I decreased my drag by adding the vortex generators which is the equivalent of adding two horsepower.

You don't have a spoiler, do you? I don't remember.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #162
PETERPOOP

I have the OEM S model spoiler. The one before the bigger 09s. Mine probably doesn't do much at all, but looks cool! haha