Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #145
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie
 
pimp my yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: chicago
Posts: 482
Mine is teed at the evap. line coming of the intake using the plastic tubing. I am using a autometer phantom mechanical guage. No problem with shaking needle.
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #146
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp my yaris View Post
Mine is teed at the evap. line coming of the intake using the plastic tubing. I am using a autometer phantom mechanical guage. No problem with shaking needle.
yea ive not had a problem with mine either, I would say ive seen it (shaking needle) more with prosport gauges.
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #147
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
mine looks like this.... I got it a pepboys Think i gonna upgrade it later to one that also has vac. Pimp can you post a pic of where that evap line is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ultra Lite Pro Comp Boost.jpg (99.0 KB, 140 views)
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #148
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Got ride of the too lean error code but now i got this....P2195 Does it mean my o2 sensor has gone bad? Need some input on this one
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #149
Focus_Sh1ft
 
Focus_Sh1ft's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
Do you have a scangauge?

Is the car in closed loop during light acceleration?
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:17 AM   #150
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Nope I don't have one. How do I tell when it's in close loop
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:28 PM   #151
Focus_Sh1ft
 
Focus_Sh1ft's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
I would definitely recommend getting a code reader that has some data logging abilities. In a situation like this, you need all the info you can get to diagnose the problem.

Is your wideband maintaining stoich for the most part?
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #152
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
I think I have a vacuum leak somewhere in my hose. As for my wideband it idles at 15-15.6. Then randomly hits 16. Driving it ranges from the high 13s to high 14s under light cruise.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #153
Focus_Sh1ft
 
Focus_Sh1ft's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
Hm, that's definitely possible. When I was running closed loop I wouldn't see more than +- .5 AFR off stoich, so you have a pretty big fluctuation there. Still - that would mean you're running richer than normal, yet you have a code that says "O2 stuck lean."
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #154
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
As for my wideband it idles at 15-15.6. Then randomly hits 16. Driving it ranges from the high 13s to high 14s
that's lean, not rich.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #155
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
that's lean, not rich.
I thought you wanted to run 14.7 under cruise I hit 13 sometimes. So I think that's alittle rich when there is no boost. What's your cruise A/F?
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #156
PETERPOOP
 
PETERPOOP's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 white liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oahu
Posts: 3,674
my cruise AFR is 14.6-15.1
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #157
Focus_Sh1ft
 
Focus_Sh1ft's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 875
I have my cruise AFR tuned for 15-15.5 currently.

I'm going to suggest tuning in open loop, especially with your O2 going crazy as is. It's working well for pimp and I, and it's so easy.

Otherwise, you can continue troubleshooting the O2. I'd take the negative off the battery for a couple hours to reset the code since you don't have a code reader.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #158
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Found the leak in the vacuum lines. Idle afr@ 14.2-14.6.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #159
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd
 
Bluevitz-rs's Avatar
 
Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Found the leak in the vacuum lines. Idle afr@ 14.2-14.6.
well, don't leave us hangin' like that, what was it? Operator error
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #160
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ there ya go, that's what you want
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #161
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
well, don't leave us hangin' like that, what was it? Operator error
Wrong size vacuum hose.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #162
Yoda
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 966
Got my injectors on and did a little fun drive. So my boost gauge showed I went all the way up to 11psi.....! WTF lol. And also there still must be a boost leak somewhere cause I was running lean at 5psi. Now I gotta find that leak sigh.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo Project Yaris TS 1.8L CASTREX Yaris TS Talk 40 08-21-2009 10:24 AM
HKS turbo timer type 1 Tamago Performance Modifications 3 07-21-2009 11:59 AM
Turbo Kit - trade for stock parts! crankyelbow Items for Sale by private party 62 02-03-2009 12:30 PM
delayed turbo project... joey1320 Forced Induction Forum 8 09-26-2007 11:18 PM
Vitz Rs turbo vs U.S. Yaris add turbo? weaponrcamry Performance Modifications 18 08-09-2006 08:45 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.