Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
w1ngzer0

Drives: Subaru Impreza
Yaris popularity jumping 10 fold

Everyone I know is talking about this car. Yesterday i saw an old lady driving a silver/brown hatch

My brother is getting one and my school counsler's brother is getting one too
w1ngzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
My sister just text'd me today asking about mine. The salesman who sold me mine is thinking of getting one. Still haven't seen one out on the roads yet, but I have a feeling it's going to be a big hit for Toyota this year.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #3
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Everyday I have several people come up to me and ask about my liftback yaris. Alot of them originally think its a hybrid. I try and tell them its not but it still gets 40 miles to the gallon. And when I tell them the cost their eyes open wide and they usually say I'll have to check that out.

I'm seriously thinking of selling one of my trucks and getting another yaris liftback. Everyday I drive it I say to myself. THis car is "great".
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
Uglyboyed

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S Flint Mica
Send a message via AIM to Uglyboyed Send a message via Yahoo to Uglyboyed
I had this car for about a month and i live in south florida.. I only seen one yaris besides mines. And my dealership told me that there saleing them like hotcakes. They do need better commercials though
Uglyboyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
I'm seriously thinking of selling one of my trucks and getting another yaris liftback. Everyday I drive it I say to myself. THis car is "great".
You could even do what I did I rip out the back seats and put in a storage bed. There's a remarkable amount of room back there - about 50in deep and 50in wide near the front seats.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #6
w1ngzer0

Drives: Subaru Impreza
Yah im surprised how much storage is in the hatch version. Even my richie roomate liked the hatch lol. He said it looked french.
w1ngzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
That cannot be a compliment. At least I don't think I know how that could be a compliment.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
the people who ask me about my car are older, retired people, not young people. just last week an older couple parked beside me in a crown vic were very curious about the yaris, gas prices seem to be concerning people.

i still don't see too many on the road here in canada, and it has been out for more than half a year, but if they end up as popular as the echo hatch, then we will see them every time we turn our heads.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #9
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
the people who ask me about my car are older, retired people, not young people. just last week an older couple parked beside me in a crown vic were very curious about the yaris, gas prices seem to be concerning people.

i still don't see too many on the road here in canada, and it has been out for more than half a year, but if they end up as popular as the echo hatch, then we will see them every time we turn our heads.

Where are you? I see at least two a day....
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #10
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
i'm in london,

i see one or two a day, but i see three or four dodge calibers and it was only released a few months ago.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #11
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
Yesterday I drew a crowd (3 seniors) when I stopped to pick up my mail. Ended up spending half an hour demonstrating the various features of the car. Should I be getting a commission?????
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #12
ricko

Looking "French" can sometimes be a compliment. Check out the umbrella girls at the French GP in July!!!!!!!!! Looking "French" as in cars though not so much?????? Remember the Citroen C2V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #13
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Yeah.... Figures..........

For the past month and a half, there were more and more on the street, but back in January and Feburary, I got people circling my car, just walk around it, peeking inside... yeah, gettin' all kinda look.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:21 PM   #14
ubetiam
"oh what a feeling"

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS (B) - 3dr
Send a message via MSN to ubetiam
For me, looking french is a very good thing... i swear.. if Peugeot or Renault were still in Canada... id be driving a french car instead of a Yaris. Either a Peugeot 206 or Renault Megane Coupe. At least the Yaris looking french, convinced me to buy it.

ps. it chaps my @ss that you can buy french cars in Mexico but not further north.
ubetiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:59 PM   #15
BensVitz

Drives: 2001 Mazda P/U
We once test drove a Peugeot wagon. While closing the trunk, the "Peugeot" sticker fell off. We didn't buy the car.

Ben
BensVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #16
dandj

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan auto
I get all kinds of questions about my Yaris sedan, More than any other car I've owned. Milage, price, and so on. Less than 500 miles and I got a auterra auto scan which will give me instatanious and trip mpg, and it was showing around 50 mpg on a trip but that was 20 miles to work,and I haven't tried to get good gas mileage yet. except that time.I filled up showing 36 mpg.
I felt a little long legged for the gas peddal so I put a 1/4 " spacer under the front seat mount bolts and now this car fits like a glove. I absolutly love this car now.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #17
ricko

The larger, more expensive French cars are pretty fine, but they also have some real dogs available. I mean appearance wise. Some of those "dogs" are these amazing little diesel LB's, that are space efficient, fuel efficient, but UGLY.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #18
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensVitz
We once test drove a Peugeot wagon. While closing the trunk, the "Peugeot" sticker fell off. We didn't buy the car.

Ben
LOL, that sounds like french cars. I had a friend who had an old Peugeot sedan. He bought it for about $100 and it wasn't worth it. A month or so into it reverse stopped working. We use to push the thing to back it up.

He didn't have the nerve to drive it to school which was about an hour away, so he just drove it to the busstop, and even then sometimes we weren't sure he'd make it.