Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Northwest
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #17
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
...Now HTF did you blow the speakers up? I want to hear this one.

You realize that Derick and I know a LOT about sanding...

If we have an opportunity next time, I'd volunteer to do SQ judging. I'd much rather have it sanctioned but I can do an unofficial SQ judging. I'd be hitting accuracy of staging, imaging, depth, width, height, tonality, and ambiance (amongst other characteristics). If I was the only SQ judge, I wouldn't compete with my car due to a BIG conflict of interest.

Next year's event we should really look into this possibility.
How did I blow them up.......well when I put the pods in and the crossovers went in the doors under the rest area there above the handle....I set the tweeter on there and forgot it was there and turned the car on not really thinking........then a big squeel.....and a bang before I could get the car back off....the tweeter grounded out on the crossover and it took out one comp and possible one channel on the amp....crossover seems ok,tweeter is ok....and the other comp on passenger side is ok

I have the 4 channels so I swapped to channel 3 and 4 on the amp and tried to see if it would still work but only on one side,which sounded incredable....lol

Win some lose some.....the JL comps are ok....actually not too bad....I will save up and get me a set of the HAT comps or maybe another set of DLS....or God only knows what...lol
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote