Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-17-2007, 01:53 AM   #37
thomasward00

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Just remember that the Fit is built in Thailand and the Yaris in Japan....

Sure makes a difference to me
thomasward00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #38
kaboom

Drives: 2007 silver yaris sedan
it sure does plus Fit is already obsolete technologically----by the way I just ordered "ScanGauge II" onboard multireadout toy: to me a necessity for a Yaris.... I will post the pic when I have it mounted on a dash.....\kd
kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #39
LittleRed
LittleRed

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback 5spd
I have a 2007 yaris..yes the cluth takes a little to get used to..but ive pretty much mastered it...takes a little practice though...but the shifter is buttery smooth as well as the electric steering...i put in pulse plugs which really helped torque<they took 800-1000 miles for the computer to adjust> and is pretty quick now..as well as using 91 octane<any higher retards timing> i also put in a AEM cold -air intake that has helped with upper Rpm passing power...i get 40+ MPG consistently ...and now is my little red pocket rocket :-]....i paid 11,800 in dec07' ..a bargin as far as im concerned... how can u go wrong for a car that last 300k and is tops in reliability...not to mention pretty refined..the road niose bothered me so i sprayed sound deadining material on the underside
LittleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #40
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Funny, that you bumped this thread.

Last week or more, been seeing LOTS of Versas around town. Has had me thinking abt them.

They're extra room in the hatch and general room for front and backseat passengers has had me thinking of them in a more positive light.

Taking one for a test drive soon to get it out of my system.

But was reading some extensive long-term reviews (1 year) of the Versa and the compaints abt its shifter and clutch have really erased most any doubt i could have had that my yaris really was the right choice and the car i would love the most! :)

the versa, it seems from most revies, just doesnt have the "peppy fun" aspect that the yaris (and fit) have!

its a more sedate comfortable ride, more placid. though, which im sure as shit i wouldnt mind on a longer trip (more than 4+ hours) or while stuck in traffic jams, but thankfully im rarely in those situations generally.

(plus its rated 5 mpg lower than the yaris hatch, so there's a fuel efficiency comprise too, though its not that much. oh and reliability seems to have been great thus far too for the versa, afaik, which is good to hear.)

BUT GO YARIS HATCHBACKS! :D
Old 11-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #41
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
I think the Versa is ugly, and as we already have a Honda Odyssey, I didn't really want a half-scale version of it.

The Yaris hatchback is exactly what I wanted/needed, a two-door car with a bit of hauling capability that gets great gas mileage.

Most of my time is commuting the 22 miles each way to and from work; and with the Odyssey and a Jeep, I have other choices when it comes to hauling the family or a lot of stuff, or if I don't give a hoot about gas prices and want to push a billboard down the road (Jeep).

I can easily do 80-85 MPH in my Yaris and keeping up with traffic is no problem, even with the auto. As a matter of fact, I find the auto to be a better driving car.

Bottom line, the choice for me was easy....the Yaris, hands down!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #42
advocate

Drives: car
if you rated the yaris that low simply because of the clutch than you're making a mistake. it's true the clutch is akward at first (i stalled it almost immediately during the test drive and the car never made a sound i was quite surprised) but it changes quickly over time to become more manageable. it's just very sensitive the first 1-2k miles. By 5-7 it should be just fine.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote