Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #19
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
It was funny because being from Detroit, it's like 8 out of 10 cars are domestics...the shop was all lifted F-150's, old muscle cars, etc...

So I pull in and this one guy starts talking to me and says that he likes it. He's kind of giving it a funny look and turns to me, he then says "you know, that thing is really low!" lol. I've seen lower cars than that but I guess for a econo car like a Yaris, it is pretty low.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
lol especially for detroit with the roads you guys have

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
detroiter

Lol have you seen the roads here? It's like driving through Bagdhad!

Tampa a month ago was amazing to drive through, I love the roads there. The only thing that gets me and maybe it's because I'm from Detroit (cars and racing is in our blood lol)...is that it seems EVERYONE drives like a 300 year old grandma lol. I must have looked like a asshat whizzing in and out of traffic...yet I was only doing the speed limit and going around everyone who is doing like 10 under!
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #22
Form>Function

Haha^^ Yea our roads are pretty decent. The reason "...it seems EVERYONE drives like a 300 year old grandma..." is because 80% of the drivers here ARE 300 year old grandmas lol

Old 08-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #23
detroiter

haha very true...I was also shocked how many Denny's there are! We used to have them around here but now they are kind of few and far between. In Winter Park, there was one on almost every corner lol
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #24
Form>Function

Wow lucky they have always been all over the place around here but lately a lot of them have been closing too.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #25
20104dr
CLIFF

Drives: 2010 4dr
Just an FYI, you dont need spring compressors to change out struts that have lowering springs. They are already shorter than the original. The spring tension isnt as high as stock springs on stock struts or any strut.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #26
Form>Function

Not all lowering springs are shorter ^

My ksports were the exact same size as stock springs

Old 09-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #27
detroiter

I totally forgot all about that! If I remember right, the Teins definitely are a bit on the short side compared to stockers. Wish I had a hand nearby to help me finish the fronts so it helps save me a few bucks and also cut the waiting time to get it done.