Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
jedite7

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan (Yoshi)
Question WeatherTech Floor Mats

Hey guys - I'm new to the forum and Yaris ownership in general and I need some advice. I just bought a 2010 Yaris Sedan and I am looking for some good, heavy all weather mats. I asked Toyota about OEM and they said they are not making them for this model I had a great set of OEM mats for my PT Cruiser and now I see them as a must have. Has anybody on here used the WeatherTech mats? How do they fit? Can you lay them over the carpeted mats? Any help would be great, thanks!!!
jedite7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
rihdrkc
Blazing Blue Yaris

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3 door Liftback
I have a set in my lb. Love them, and no, not over the mats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg floormat 1.jpg (81.6 KB, 1101 views)
File Type: jpg floormat 2.jpg (91.4 KB, 1068 views)

http://www.yariscentral.com/index.php

Just an old guy rockin it with you young-uns
rihdrkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
I have of the Floorliners also and love them. I highly recommend...
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
+1 'weathertech digital fit' as in the above picture

they work great
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
Billiam

Drives: '10 White Yaris 4D LB
Gonna have to get me a set of these before winter.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
Palmer812

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Metallic LB
When I had my SVT Focus I had a set of Catch All mats by Nifty Products. Has anybody on here had any for the Yaris?
Palmer812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedite7 View Post
Hey guys - I'm new to the forum and Yaris ownership in general and I need some advice. I just bought a 2010 Yaris Sedan and I am looking for some good, heavy all weather mats. I asked Toyota about OEM and they said they are not making them for this model I had a great set of OEM mats for my PT Cruiser and now I see them as a must have. Has anybody on here used the WeatherTech mats? How do they fit? Can you lay them over the carpeted mats? Any help would be great, thanks!!!
Order them from Canadian Toyota dealers; they will ship to the USA. Canada has the All Weather Rubber mats, and are enuine Toyoto accessory. Comes with a Yaris and Toyota logo embossed into the mat as well.

Very nice, custom fit, attach to the built in hooks on the floor. Mats are durable, rugged, and washable. Rubber mats can be sprayed with garden hose to clean, and it stays soft and bendable over time. The depth of the trays are just less than 1cm, so the mats do a great job of trappping alot of dirt, grit, water, and snow. I have a set of my own.
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #8
Meteorite_Marty

Here's a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_asfloormats.jpg (22.6 KB, 1009 views)
Old 07-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
bitz767

Drives: 2010 Black Manual 3 door
I also have the floor liners pictured above. I will never buy any other kind of floor mat. The best mats ever, a little pricy, but worth it
bitz767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
ChilliwackGuy
WCOAST CANADIAN DRIVER!!!

Drives: 2010 Hatch 5DR - AUTO/AC
Toyota Canada DEF has a surplus of OEM all-weather-mats for the Yaris! I just bought a 2010 Yaris HB - and had the OEM all-weather mats thrown in for free. I was also cautioned by the salesrep not to double stack the standard carpet mats on the driver's side - but that I could double stack the OEM all-weather mats & standard carpet mats for the other 3 locations - rubber on top of carpet - if needed. (Good tip!)

Personally - I have always just used the OEM all-weather mats by themselves - I keep the standard carpet mats in a bag unused.
ChilliwackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
Steveh27

Drives: 2010 3dr hatchback auto red
Which to buy?

I'm deciding between these weathertech front mats only (as I'll never have a rear rider) for $69.95 + free shipping (they're $54.95 + shipping from weathertech);
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...or+Accessories
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...1230&Year=2010

or the OEM set of 4 from the Toyota dealer in Windsor, Ontario, a short drive for me. for $90 Canadian + tax.

The weather tech floor mat in the above post is not as nice as the floor liner in rihdrkc's picture. I like the way his drivers mat has the lip up the center concole area & the covering for the left hump. I just found it on their website & they want $99.95 + $18 shipping for the front only.
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...ptChoiceIds=59

Meteroite Marty's OEM does not seem to have either of those enhancements.

rihdrkc: are your liners black or gray?

Steve

Last edited by Steveh27; 07-06-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Steveh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #12
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorite_Marty View Post
Order them from Canadian Toyota dealers; they will ship to the USA. Canada has the All Weather Rubber mats, and are enuine Toyoto accessory. Comes with a Yaris and Toyota logo embossed into the mat as well.

Very nice, custom fit, attach to the built in hooks on the floor. Mats are durable, rugged, and washable. Rubber mats can be sprayed with garden hose to clean, and it stays soft and bendable over time. The depth of the trays are just less than 1cm, so the mats do a great job of trappping alot of dirt, grit, water, and snow. I have a set of my own.

what online shop in canada do you recommend?
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #13
Meteorite_Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBeard View Post
what online shop in canada do you recommend?
Call any of the Toyota Dealers, I beleive they will ship anywhere.

I use Guelph Toyota, and Forbes Toyota. Guelph is better.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:47 AM   #14
Meteorite_Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveh27 View Post
I'm deciding between these weathertech front mats only (as I'll never have a rear rider) for $69.95 + free shipping (they're $54.95 + shipping from weathertech);
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...or+Accessories
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...1230&Year=2010

or the OEM set of 4 from the Toyota dealer in Windsor, Ontario, a short drive for me. for $90 Canadian + tax.

The weather tech floor mat in the above post is not as nice as the floor liner in rihdrkc's picture. I like the way his drivers mat has the lip up the center concole area & the covering for the left hump. I just found it on their website & they want $99.95 + $18 shipping for the front only.
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...ptChoiceIds=59

Meteroite Marty's OEM does not seem to have either of those enhancements.

rihdrkc: are your liners black or gray?

Steve
Personally, I don't like the WeatherTech ones, even though they look to be a custom fit. The grooves aren't deep enough for slush and snow or heavy rain. The groves on the Toyota ones are quite deep.

When I get into a BMW, Range Rover, or Mercedes, and I see the car maker's all weather rubber mats specific for that vehicle, I feel like its the real deal. The same goes for my Yaris.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
jedite7

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan (Yoshi)
I just received my Weather Tech all weather mats and I must say I'm impressed. I ordered them from Autoanything.com. I got the 1st row and 2nd row. They were a little pricey at $115 with free shipping but they are a custom fit and the driver mat even has the eye holes for the pegs to keep them in place. They are flexible without being flimsy, very thick, they do not smell funky, and I think the grooves will be more than adequate. They offer much better protection and coverage than the factory mats. Plus a 10 year warranty doesn't hurt. I also like how you can't really see the Weather Tech branding. I went with the mats, not the liner. I'll post some pictures when I get time.
jedite7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #16
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Yes pictures please I am in need VERY in need of a set for my sedan
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #17
Blowtorch

Drives: 2009 Yaris, Silver Sedan
Hello,

I am sold. I want to purchase these, but my only concern after reading the installation instructions off the WeatherTech website has to do with the retention hooks. I'm not a car buff or any Mr. D-I-Y'er, so I'm in the dumb category when it comes to this - do I have to have such hooks in order to install the Floor Liner Digital Fit mats (http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...OptChoiceIds=9) for my car. I don't even know what to look for in my car floor area to make sure.
Blowtorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #18
bitz767

Drives: 2010 Black Manual 3 door
the hooks are just plastic hooks that you can pick up at the dealer. after the floor mats getting stuck under the gas pedal my dealer gives them away for free, but they are only a dollar or two i think
bitz767 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customize, flooring, interior, mats, weathertech