Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #37
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Some guy here has recent GTO v8 that has trashed pistons - If dont recall his userid ... ... Wht was he running?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #38
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilkySmooth View Post
Some guy here has recent GTO v8 that has trashed pistons - If dont recall his userid ... ... Wht was he running?
I don't know if you're thinking of me but my super-duper low mileage '05 GTO had lots of piston-slap and wear metals, and I used M1 and M1 XP more often than not...on 3k OCI.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 11-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #39
1stToyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlow View Post
And NOBODY has ever had a blown engine using M1.

It is your type that propagates internet myths and urban legends...you turn your subjective opinions into "fact", and I just hope most of the readers of this thread see this.
Wrong. Installed a new motor for a guy that had a blown motor in his chevy p/u; he used M1 on every single OC.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 11-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #40
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilkySmooth View Post
Oh, thats just what you did propagate myths with no factual information. EG: "NO one has ever blown a motor on M1" Just simple statistics will tell you this statement is WRONG and I personally know 3 people who junked their motors on m1. Thats why GM and Porsche ditched m1 as factory fill - since it works so freaking good. Blame the API and the Feds though, they are the ones who reduced/removed the PROVEN extreme pressure anti-seize additive package so cats would live 150K miles without clogging at the expense piston and cam wear. Just go talk to the mechanic who have blown motors laying outside the dealership about chewed up cams and pistons with scored and collapsed skirts. Subaru, Mitsi, Chevy have MAJOR problems with piston slap now - but good statistical data is "covered up" because the industry is trying to deal with the issue "quietly", If you dig enough you will find API powerpoints online thats show you whats going on. If you run current spec "emissions" SM oil in a classic engine it will be all done in a few thousand miles - check resto sites - the mechanics are frantic. Run it in a VW Audi Porsche and you void the warranty. Good stuff, huh?

And you are a Mobil rep too right? - the MAN ... the MAn in Brown?

Every runs their favorite team so nothing I say will change that. Live and learn the hard way guys.

sonjas bro
I just forwarded your lies to Pennzoil legal department, same for Mobil Oil. Now lets see you show your "proof" because you are damaging their reputation with no credible facts.

And no, I don't work for any oil company. I actually use Walmart's SuperTech cheapo full synthetic...

You better get a lawyer fast. I saved the cache of this thread too.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #41
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Wrong. Installed a new motor for a guy that had a blown motor in his chevy p/u; he used M1 on every single OC.
That is not proof! Did you attend college? You have yet to show any proof that the blown engine was caused by Mobil1. You like to spew macho automotive lies. Lets hope the readers of this thread see past your bravado bunk...
Old 11-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #42
1stToyota

Quote:
That is not proof! Did you attend college? You have yet to show any proof that the blown engine was caused by Mobil1. You like to spew macho automotive lies. Lets hope the readers of this thread see past your bravado bunk...
Troll, the engine damage was oil related, and he used Mobil1, that's all I know about the customer and what the engine rebuilder claimed about the core.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 11-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #43
1stToyota

Quote:
I just forwarded your lies to Pennzoil legal department, same for Mobil Oil. Now lets see you show your "proof" because you are damaging their reputation with no credible facts.

And no, I don't work for any oil company. I actually use Walmart's SuperTech cheapo full synthetic...

You do realize that the new SM rating was created to replace the old SL rating that contained too much friction modifiers ...wow, protect those cats...[pause]...with a reduction in those engine friendly friction modifiers!!

I may be wrong, but I believe that's the point being made by thesilkysmooth, which is btw based on fact.

ps You're not STILL using 0w-20 in your 1NZ-FE Yaris, or are you? Probably voiding your warranty since you chose to ignore Toyota's TSB.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 11-29-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #44
TheSilkySmooth

Quote:

Silver -
Ha ha funny! You are a little worm and will be vapourised very soon - MODERATORS - get rid of this pecky mosquito. He is violating terms of agreement.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #45
TheSilkySmooth

MOBIL 1 SUCKS DONKEY

Actually, I am running the Mobil CLEAN 5000 for break-in in my Yaris which is just about complete. Yes, I have not been a MOBIL fan of late, but this oil seems reasonable. It may need a little BOOST around 3K which I do in the way of draining a litre then topping off with fresh. That way the add-pack is replenished and you are good to go to the 5000.

Last edited by TheSilkySmooth; 12-02-2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: additional info
Closed Thread