Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: which phone?
HTC TOUCH PRO 2 1 25.00%
MyTouch 3G 1 25.00%
neither 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
htc Touch pro 2 vs. Mytouch 3g

just looking for some feedback. I bought the mytouch but returned it after 20 minutes because it was kind of glitchy ( screen kept landscaping) and i'm not in love with screen size/virt keyboard. i do however like the apps available to it. i bought instead the touch pro2. full real keyboard larger screen, however it is running winmo 6.1 with no guarantee of getting 6.5 update.

anyone care to comment? I have a hard time deciding on things like this. i usually like having an outside opinion
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
I have a Touch and it takes getting use to. The up grade made it so you can type horizontal with larger keys, making it easier. I also have the Adobe PDF app. I can edit documents. I prefer the screen key board.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
i have a touch pro2 and i love it

it reminds me a lot of my ppc6700 i had. I picked up a touch diamond and hated it with a passion. This new HTC touch pro2 is 100X better. I love it already

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 AM   #4
Shroomster

I went ahead and got the mytouch. I'm just too leary of Windows mobile. the way you have to edit things to work i.e. converting .mp3 to .wav files and then placing it into the windows main file????? which can't be opened (w/o a hack) on your pc. and doing so on the phone itself causes it to lag hardcore or error/time out.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
I went ahead and got the mytouch. I'm just too leary of Windows mobile. the way you have to edit things to work i.e. converting .mp3 to .wav files and then placing it into the windows main file????? which can't be opened (w/o a hack) on your pc. and doing so on the phone itself causes it to lag hardcore or error/time out.
i never had to do that, even on my old 6700

i could set mp3's without a problem and even back before it was big i could stream internet radio to it without any lag

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
After having T-Mobile shit on me twice in rapid succession after 12 years of a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship, and experiencing the hardcore Apple/AT&T lock-in of my employer-paid iPhone, I will never again enter a contract with a carrier, nor purchase a vendor-locked device.

I may end up with these things through my employer, but that's on their dime rather than mine. I won't do it on my own.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:06 AM   #7
Shroomster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
After having T-Mobile shit on me twice in rapid succession after 12 years of a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship, and experiencing the hardcore Apple/AT&T lock-in of my employer-paid iPhone, I will never again enter a contract with a carrier, nor purchase a vendor-locked device.

I may end up with these things through my employer, but that's on their dime rather than mine. I won't do it on my own.
didn't have too much option when my only line to the oustide world decided to stop staying on; and waiting for a craigslist or ebay or other vendor unlocked phone wasn't an option. but I know completely where you're coming from.

on a side-note I am not under contract with them as the 'family even more plus' plan is a non-contract plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play
i never had to do that, even on my old 6700

i could set mp3's without a problem and even back before it was big i could stream internet radio to it without any lag
that is the thing it wasn't lagging because of the mp3's it was lagging accessing files (winows main file took numerous attempts to access and when I did get it open it would end up keeping windows file open so that the next time I needed to use file explorer I would have to wait for windows file to load and then back out of it to look for what I wanted)

and the facebook app kept 'hiding' a different amount of friends every time i opened it, and when i would refresh it, manila.exe would error and make me back out of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk198105
good, let me know when u need root ill help u out

sounds good. give me a day or so to 'answer' my own noob questions. I already figured out where to replace the google search widget after i accidentally deleted it hehe (too long of a press and drag).