Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-16-2006, 03:26 PM   #19
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Yes, that will be the redesigned Sentra.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #20
ilusha55

Drives: None yet
Sorry guys, no insult or anything but not too much credit to your opinions as you are all proud owners of Yaris which is one of the cars Versa will be pushing out in few months...so you are all biased.
As to its looks, i honestly think it looks more natural than Honda Fit but for me interiour comfort is more important and i am not the only one...
ilusha55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #21
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
good for you ilusha55, buy whatever car you want for whatever reason,
but i can vouch for myself that the reason i bought the yaris is because i thought it was an attractive little car,
and regardless of owning a yaris, it is my belief that the versa is ugly, but then again, i don't like the styling of many nissan cars, personal preference.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:10 AM   #22
ilusha55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
the reason i bought the yaris is because i thought it was an attractive little car
It is! Actually it was my first choice, with the the interior size as the only drawback - the main reason i seek for a roomy sub compact now.

Quote:
i don't like the styling of many nissan cars
sorry to hear that, i like to think of vesta as murano little brother with its rear oval ending and classic nissan front.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:57 AM   #23
AestheticalFilm

Drives: Ford Taurus...ew yeah i know
32 mpg? although it is 120 hp, 39 on the highway sounds alittle bit better to me

the versa sedan would probably end up selling more anyway. if someone was going for a sport hatch, they would most likely swing towards toyota or honda because of the wide aftermarket variety

oh yeah, the versa is made in mexico, so shipping would end up being quicker, but IMHO id rather have something that takes longer to get here but i can be sure of the quality
AestheticalFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:02 AM   #24
ilusha55

sentra is being made in mexico since at least 10 years - it is one of the most reliable ones...
Old 05-17-2006, 09:50 AM   #25
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
Quote:
It is! Actually it was my first choice, with the the interior size as the only drawback - the main reason i seek for a roomy sub compact now.
the yaris is very roomy for a small car, my family of 3 fits in it with plenty of room to spare, but it does appear that the versa is a bigger vehicle, as some have stated, is probably in a bigger class of cars than the yaris (suzuki aerio)

the versa won't have the same fuel economy as the yaris, but will still be good.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 AM   #26
Calidrifter

Drives: 1997 Nissan 240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilusha55
why are you people so strangely addicted to the car you bough and absolutely refuse to accept that something out there may be, well not better, but at least equal to what you have ...all of you without exceptions mentioned the looks of Nissan Versa knowing that Versa surpasses the beloved Yaris on the others sides like interior, comfort, HPs, sound isolation etc...Personally she looks great buy it s just IMHO probably VW guys out there will agree...

Whats up with objectivity guys?
Don't get me wrong dude I fly the Nissan flag every freakin day. What Ghosn (Nissan Int. President) shoulda done was released the Sport Concept instead of the Versa I think it was equipped with a 1.8 turbo engine. Also the Versa is WAYYYY too Opel (read: euro) looking for me. They should release the micra (sp?) and the cube. Plus the way Toyota released it has a big to do with the way people are liking the car. Not everyone likes the hatchback style so they are gonna opt for the sedan.

Last edited by Calidrifter; 05-17-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:24 AM   #27
Calidrifter

Drives: 1997 Nissan 240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilusha55
Sorry guys, no insult or anything but not too much credit to your opinions as you are all proud owners of Yaris which is one of the cars Versa will be pushing out in few months...so you are all biased.
As to its looks, i honestly think it looks more natural than Honda Fit but for me interiour comfort is more important and i am not the only one...
Well I sat in a yaris LB and there was plenty of space for me (6'1" @ 300 lbs). I have yet to sit in a Versa but I plan on doing so in a couple of months. The absolute best interior/seat that i have sat in though is the Mitsu Evo VIII that seat alone is worth buying that car.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #28
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Uh oh. I think my Vibe got kinky with someone's Yaris. Then Nissan stole it away to raise it as their very own! Those b@stards!

( )

~YR
Old 05-18-2006, 07:11 PM   #29
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
I usually like Nissan's. The Murano is a really nice vehicle, even with the CVT. The New altima is going to look great. The Z is on my list of sports cars to own, and the sentra looks decent too.

The new maxima is seriously ugly, and so is the versa.