Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-06-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
ABSPLASTIC

Drives: Twin-charged rotary V8 w/nos
Guess I'll be more active nowadays - 10 year report

My car is stock, but over the timeframe of owning it new since October 2007 ('08 model), she's almost at the 90k mark with no issues at all.

Work done thus far:

1. End of 2007: Car came off the lot with a defective head unit, had it replaced, then upgraded to DVD head unit in 2008.

2. At around the same time, fuel gauge became faulty and never read full. Serviced in a few hours by Toyota and never became an issue again.

3. Maintenance done every 3k miles by Toyota under the factory added 5 year warranty plan. Then after warranty period was over, maintenance done with K&N oil filter and Mobil 1 synthetic oil 5w-30 every 3-5k miles

4. Basic 50k mile service done.

5. Changed the car battery twice since.

6. CURRENT - TRD Shocks/struts have finally given up and due for replacement. Car is driveable, just super bouncy

This lil car keeps on movin. Also, still on original factory clutch. lol

Any long time owners feel free to chime in or move my thread to it's respected area.

Here's from going from ricer boy:

To kinda rice lol:

ABSPLASTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
Type-Y

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch
Looks good. How many miles on the car?

How long did you have the TRD parts?
Type-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
ABSPLASTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Y View Post
Looks good. How many miles on the car?

How long did you have the TRD parts?
Currently at 88,724 miles

Well the only TRD parts on the car are the shocks/struts since 5k miles in 2008 and the JDM TRD axleback since about 40k in 2014 - wife surprised me on Valentine's Day
Old 06-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Happy to hear you'll be more active going forward; always good chatting. At 88k, you're not that far ahead of me. I'm at just over 70k now, so averaging about 10k per year. Like me, you must not commute that far (or at all, in my case). I'm also on factory clutch --and brakes. Was just in for service and they said I have plenty of life left.

What are your plans for sorting the suspension? I'm on factory shocks/struts and Tein springs. Still not sure what direction I'm going to go in when the shocks/struts have had enough.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Damn I've almost doubled the mileage you guys have. I'm at about 140k after 11 years of owning mine. Wish my paint still looked as good as you guys' cars lol
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:11 PM   #6
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeroyuy01195 View Post
Damn I've almost doubled the mileage you guys have. I'm at about 140k after 11 years of owning mine. Wish my paint still looked as good as you guys' cars lol
Thanks! In respect to the paint, at least for me, it didn't happen on it's own. I've had the front bumper resprayed, the rear bumper resprayed, the painted pieces on the side mirrors resprayed and I've had the whole car color sanded and buffed twice in the 10 years I've owned it.

On Wheelwell
Old 06-07-2017, 01:03 PM   #7
heeroyuy01195

I've only had my passenger side resprayed after my first highway accident. Naturally, the body shop didn't blend the paint very well with the original paint so my car is multi-shade. After being kicked out of the garage, the little bugger has no paint on the roof or hood. I'll address that later though.

What sparco are you using ABS?
Old 06-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #8
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Looks great! My Yaris is at the same mileage. The Enkeis look amazing.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #9
ABSPLASTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Happy to hear you'll be more active going forward; always good chatting. At 88k, you're not that far ahead of me. I'm at just over 70k now, so averaging about 10k per year. Like me, you must not commute that far (or at all, in my case). I'm also on factory clutch --and brakes. Was just in for service and they said I have plenty of life left.

What are your plans for sorting the suspension? I'm on factory shocks/struts and Tein springs. Still not sure what direction I'm going to go in when the shocks/struts have had enough.
I'm just going to throw on some factory shocks for now to be cheap and maybe down the line, coilovers if the wife allows. lol

Quote:
I was very meticulous about my car the first 4-5 years of owning it. Always garaged, detailed almost every day, and only driven on sunny days. Then I finally realized it was a Yaris and not some Lambo lol. But I have stayed below 25k miles during the first 5 years of ownership. It wasn't till recently that I started driving it more cause it's the most fuel efficient car I currently drive.

Quote:
I've only had my passenger side resprayed after my first highway accident. Naturally, the body shop didn't blend the paint very well with the original paint so my car is multi-shade. After being kicked out of the garage, the little bugger has no paint on the roof or hood. I'll address that later though.

What sparco are you using ABS?
It's the Sparco Speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
Looks great! My Yaris is at the same mileage. The Enkeis look amazing.
Thank you!
Old 06-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #10
ABSPLASTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Thanks! In respect to the paint, at least for me, it didn't happen on it's own. I've had the front bumper resprayed, the rear bumper resprayed, the painted pieces on the side mirrors resprayed and I've had the whole car color sanded and buffed twice in the 10 years I've owned it.
My car has gone through a lot as well and thankfully the work done has been more than satisfactory for me.

Here is the timeline:
-My driver's side was run into 1 week before a car show 2008ish
-Rear ended by a texter in an xB late 2008
-Elderly persons casually backing out of a dead end parking lot (with my car backed into a spot in front of a restaurant) and stomping on the gas pedal and pushing my car into and over the curb in front of the restaurant and smashing my front bumper to hell.

Come to think of it, I think that's why my rear shocks are shot. LOL
Old 06-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #11
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSPLASTIC View Post
My car has gone through a lot as well and thankfully the work done has been more than satisfactory for me.

Here is the timeline:
-Elderly persons casually backing out of a dead end parking lot (with my car backed into a spot in front of a restaurant) and stomping on the gas pedal and pushing my car into and over the curb in front of the restaurant and smashing my front bumper to hell.

Ha, no bueno.

On Wheelwell
Old 06-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #12
ABSPLASTIC

Anyone else get the steering wheel clock recall, and the power window recall? I ended up with a brand new Camry as a loaner for 24 hours.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #13
heeroyuy01195

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSPLASTIC View Post

Here is the timeline:

Damn! Your car's gone to battle quite a few times, never would have known if you hadn't said it! Mine's been in 3 tussles, first I ran over a curb to avoid someone and my driver's rear rim got bent and the torsion beam now has a permanent -1.5 camber on that side. Then a few years later I hydroplaned on the highway and hit one of those drum barricades and wrecked the pass quarter panel. Then the most recent incident was a few months ago with another highway incident and some construction workers that forced me off the road and onto a median that I jumped off which bent my driver's side control arm and the subframe.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #14
ABSPLASTIC

Quote:
Damn! Your car's gone to battle quite a few times, never would have known if you hadn't said it! Mine's been in 3 tussles, first I ran over a curb to avoid someone and my driver's rear rim got bent and the torsion beam now has a permanent -1.5 camber on that side. Then a few years later I hydroplaned on the highway and hit one of those drum barricades and wrecked the pass quarter panel. Then the most recent incident was a few months ago with another highway incident and some construction workers that forced me off the road and onto a median that I jumped off which bent my driver's side control arm and the subframe.
In all fairness, my car isn't a virgin

Life really does throw obstacles at us lol