Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-19-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
David81

Drives: Yaris
My Review of My Yaris Sedan 2007

My Yaris 2007 Aero Sedan - White

Interior

Plastic Interior looks decent but cheap material. If i were to punch my interior i'm sure i'll put a hole in it. For me as long as it looks decent i dont' really care.

Very roomy at the back and front. I've had 3 buddies at the back and they still have lots of leg room.

Exterior

Looks pretty decent - easy to park
Only thing i dont' like is when it rains, the cars design - all the rain exits between the car and the door. When I open the door i see all the dirty water marks on the steps.

A/C

Is decent, it does its job. Like all other economy cars.

PowerDoors/Locks/Windows/Mirrors

They work fine, nothing wrong with them - work just like every other car.

Handling/Turns

Handles really well and smooth. Can't think of anything bad about the handling. Its really smooth is all i can think of.

Cup Holders

They do their job, might be in a bad location but it does it's job. So i don't really care.

Acceleration

Its slow for the first 1000km and you can hear the engine straining very loudly when you accelerate. At first i thought there's something wrong with my engine, but theres nothing wrong. Our engines remembers how we drive and after the first 1000km your engine starts to work very smoothly. At least it is for me. My engine no longer strains when i'm accelerating to merge to traffic on the highway.

I have no clue why my car did this so i'm assuming my engine remembers my driving habit.

Now when i'm accelerating it hits 3000rpm to 4000rpm with out breaking a sweat. I no longer hear my engine straining. Its really quiet. However i hear my engine strain when i hit 5000 rpm to 6000rpm. This is because for the past month i've been driving i never went pass 4000rpm. This coming month i'm going to try and accelerate to the 5000rpm to 6000rpm range and see what happens for a month. I'm assuming i won't hear my engine straining after another 1000km.

Brake

Brakes really smoothly, no problem with it.

I know nothing about cars, as this is my first and i'm learning. I hope my own personal experience with my Yaris helps.

Over all - I Love My Yaris
David81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
Uglyboyed

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S Flint Mica
Send a message via AIM to Uglyboyed Send a message via Yahoo to Uglyboyed
nice review. i love mines too
Uglyboyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by David81
My Yaris 2007 Aero Sedan - White

Interior

Plastic Interior looks decent but cheap material. If i were to punch my interior i'm sure i'll put a hole in it. For me as long as it looks decent i dont' really care.

as always don't punch things, and you'll be fine, go check any econo box and its the same cheap looking plastic, also note alot of those panels cover airbags and must break away when inflating

Exterior

Only thing i dont' like is when it rains, the cars design - all the rain exits between the car and the door. When I open the door i see all the dirty water marks on the steps.

Hmm, never noticed this, my pt cruiser did this also, a real pain in winter when things thaw during the day, water and ice would fill up this area, then freeze at night, causing door to 'break" ice when opening

A/C

Is decent, it does its job. Like all other economy cars.

please remember to set the selector to inside air (recirc.) for max cooling

Handling/Turns

Handles really well and smooth. Can't think of anything bad about the handling. Its really smooth is all i can think of.

Car is smooth but handles poor, it needs a lower suspension, and sway bars front and back

Cup Holders

They do their job, might be in a bad location but it does it's job. So i don't really care.

they really are a stupid place to put them

Acceleration

slow , but what did i expect with a 109hp

Over all - I Love My Yaris
So far I like mine also, I wouldn't say love, but i bought it to save on fuel expenses, and tickets
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:22 AM   #4
fouad84

Drives: 2007 yaris S
My review of my big bad yaris S is coming soon, Actually im taking it out today to a friends wedding with this really hot 'chica'(Im not even Latino, thats more of a word my Cuz would use) So wish me luck!
fouad84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:21 AM   #5
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Mine does the job it was bought to do.. commute!
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
dandj

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan auto
The cupholders might be in a different location but I like them there. My other car has them between the seats, but aren't big enough and are to close to put more than a 12 oz can in them. These larger cupholders are nice IMO and out of the way of anything else.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #7
ceres
Club Baby Seals

Drives: Yaris Sedan
My thing with the cupholders is that they're directly in front of the vents. So lets say I'm drinking coffee in the morning but have A/C running because it's hot out. The vent is blowing cold air right onto my hot coffee. On the otherhand, it does work nicely in keeping cold drinks cold. My first road trip I picked up a coffee coolata and that stayed frozen all 2 hrs.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote