Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
edgarinuk

Drives: Toyota Yaris - FR. 2005
AIR BAG SENSOR FOR FRENCH MANUFACTURED VERSION OF 2005 YARIS T3

I have only just discovered my 2005 Yaris T3 is of french manufacture and, as a result I am have a problem sourcing spare parts. In particulalar I am looking for a replacement Air Sensor Unit for the passenger side front door. I do not know a lot about cars but my friend got a computer read out on the car and it read Error B1140 which, I believe, indicates a faulty Air Sensor as described earlier. I made the mistake of buying an air sensor for the same car (but not the French version) off ebay, without first checking the part number. Needless to say it does not fit. So, I have searched the web for a used part - Number - 89835-52010. Lots of hits for Germany, Denmark, etc. but none for UK. My questions:

Does anyone know where, in UK, I can source a part, preferably used. OR Is there a UK compatible parts list for the car OR Do you personally have the part for sale.

Final question for you experts - Does Error B1140 indicate that is the only possible solution for the problem (my airbas sensor on the dash board flashes constantly).

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to provide answers.

Ed
edgarinuk is offline   Reply With Quote