Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Blitz/Uras gauges. How do you even?

So this is the manual that came with my gauges.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3813452/Bli...e%20manual.pdf

I don't even understand. Getting power to the gauges and whatnot is easy enough, but What it's saying to connect the sensors to I just don't understand.
THe thing that it labels as "Oil" that has the 3 wires (the bigger plug, 2nd from the top on the diagram on page 2) I have connected to my manifold here:

Am I doing it right? I don't even.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Is that plug in your picture the sensor's plug or one of the plugs off the "live unit"?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
47_MasoN_47

That's one of the sensors that came in the kit. The other one is a temperature sensor, so I thought that would be the one that goes in the manifold. I don't really know though. This installation manual seems like it was written for someone that already knows how to do all this jazz.

Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
water temp? oil pressure? or temp? What are the gauges for?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
47_MasoN_47

Temperature, pressure, and boost is what they are labeled.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

If you read the manual, temp can be used for oil or water. Is there a connector on the "live unit" that that temp sensor connector can plug into, or is it just a pig tail, where you will need to snip the sensor's connector and splice the wires?
Old 10-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
47_MasoN_47

There's a long wire that goes between the sensors and that "live unit" box.

Where are you supposed to connect the sensors? I don't know of any extra holes in the oil pan or something haha.

So what is that thing I have plugged into my manifold? My buddy that is familiar with boost said that's normally where you'd read the boost pressure from.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
There's a long wire that goes between the sensors and that "live unit" box.

Where are you supposed to connect the sensors? I don't know of any extra holes in the oil pan or something haha.

So what is that thing I have plugged into my manifold? My buddy that is familiar with boost said that's normally where you'd read the boost pressure from.
OK - So it's a splice job then. That is the correct place on the Blitz manifold for the boost gauge.

As for temp and pressure, you could theoretically add a T on the back of the block where the oil pressure switch is currently located.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #9
47_MasoN_47

If I'm reading the manual right, it says that the little black hose thing is what's supposed to read the boost pressure? I don't even understand though. The "live unit" has 3 plugs and one hose thing, but on the other side it only has 3 plugs for the gauges. I don't understand what that hose thing is for if there isn't a gauge for it.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I think the oil sender is on the side? I'll check my car. But yes to CTScott's suggestion to T off of that.

There is an "extra" water temp sensor spot on the front of the block -- I believe it's used for the xA/xB. If someone can confirm, it's great for a gauge, and I believe I'm using that on my car.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Quote:
Temperature, pressure, and boost is what they are labeled.
Still not sure what you're going to use the gauges for... water temp? oil temp? I assume the second is oil pressure and last is boost gauge.
Another question is the plug in your picture that you mentioned is a sensor that has a long wire. What is on the other end of that plug? I included a picture from the internet with yellow arrows and question mark. Is it connected to that?
Looks like CTScott may have already answered your questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blitzuras.jpg (100.9 KB, 89 views)
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
47_MasoN_47

That one is slightly different than what I have, but pretty close. I have one of those sensor things that the lower arrow is pointing to. Mine have a short wire instead of the long wire, then there's a long wire that plugs into the "live unit" and the short wire coming off the sensor. The thing I screwed into my manifold looks different than that one.

I figured oil pressure and oil temperature, but I dunno if those are the things I should monitor the most or not.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

This is what I see so far... can CTScott possible confirm this?

TEMP 1 SENSOR - You probably can use an oil drain adapter plug so that you can install the oil temp. sensor where the stock oil drain would go (no drilling) or, like CTScott said, use a "T" fitting to your oil line.

TEMP 2 SENSOR - seems to be an optional item? Since you only have 3 gauges. If you wanted this to work you'd need the additional part as stated in the pdf.

VACUUM PRESSURE – You could use a "T" adapter and tap into a vacuum line on the manifold. This is how your boost gauge will detect the amount of boost via the Live Unit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blitzuras1.jpg (56.4 KB, 89 views)
Old 10-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
That one is slightly different than what I have, but pretty close. I have one of those sensor things that the lower arrow is pointing to. Mine have a short wire instead of the long wire, then there's a long wire that plugs into the "live unit" and the short wire coming off the sensor. The thing I screwed into my manifold looks different than that one.

I figured oil pressure and oil temperature, but I dunno if those are the things I should monitor the most or not.
With the S/C, the most important thing is actually A/FR. Boost is nice, but it is so predictable with the Blitz, that it really isn't even necessary.

Looking at the manual again, the little hose is for vacuum/boost. You just screw a 1/4" FPT to 1/8" nipple into the hole in the manifold to connect it to. That sensor that you installed there is probably your pressure sensor (to be used for oil pressure).
Old 10-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
47_MasoN_47

So I need to install this thing on the manifold

http://www.amazon.com/Parker-2-4-B2H...d_sbs_indust_3

and move that oil pressure thing I have on there now to another thing?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #16
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST.

No, I don't think CTScott is telling you to switch those two.
I think your oil pressure thing that you have in there is fine where it is.
As for the skinny hose that's coming out of your live unit, that has to tap into your intake manifold. This way your live unit will detect how much boost you're getting and inform you when you look at your boost gauge.

Last edited by yarisugi; 10-15-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
So I need to install this thing on the manifold

http://www.amazon.com/Parker-2-4-B2H...d_sbs_indust_3

and move that oil pressure thing I have on there now to another thing?
Correct.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #18
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
No, I don't think CTScott is telling you to switch those two.
I think your oil pressure thing that you have in there is fine where it is.
As for the skinny hose that's coming out of your live unit, that has to tap into your intake manifold. This way your live unit will detect how much boost you're getting and inform you when you look at your boost gauge.
With the Blitz that hole in the manifold is specifically intended for connection of a boost gauge. I initially missed the fact that the boost gauge for the kit has a hose, rather than electronic sender. If you used the pressure gauge sensor there, you would not see the negative pressure of the vacuum and would barely move the gauge for the six pounds of boost generated by the S/C.