Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Question Check engine light flashes during high reving

Has this happened to anyone else? when I stay near redline, over 6000 rpm, for more than a few seconds my check engine ligh starts to flash. today it started to flash and I didnt see it since someone was on my butt and I was trying to stay ahead, and then it just stayed on solid... I shut off the car and started it but it stayed on. its VERY weird too because I have a scanguage II and it logs codes, but it said there wasnt one... I kept trying to read a code but it said no codes found.. but the check engine light was on. HOW could the light be on but no code?? I ended up pulling the battery terminals off and waiting 10 minutes and then the light went off... very weird! if it had thrown a code I should have been able to read it. the light hasnt come back on.

anyone else see the flashing check engine light? it happened to me the first time when the car was bone stock, just flashed when I was racing my brother and stayed at 6k for 3 seconds. now I have 1/2 of my airbox removed, but I dont see how that would affect it since it did it even before I removed the box.