Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
markpeppie

Drives: yaris 2007aero
TO ALL PEOPLE THINKING OF BUYING A YARIS

SORRY GUYS hate to say it but this car is weak weak weak, i've had mine for a month , let me list the problems,,,,ac is terrible beyond terrible, i paid an extra 1000 $$ for ac and it sucks....and what hurts the most is the gas consumption is not all its cracked up to be, sorry but if you want this car you should look elsewhere, what i might do is try to get rid of the yaris and get myself a mazda 3 or something,,,,so fu33ing pi55ed about this car
markpeppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
corey415

Drives: 95 Integra
You have a lemon. Does Montreal have lemon laws?

What other problems do you have besides the AC?
And how bad is your FE?
corey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpeppie
SORRY GUYS hate to say it but this car is weak weak weak, i've had mine for a month , let me list the problems,,,,ac is terrible beyond terrible, i paid an extra 1000 $$ for ac and it sucks....and what hurts the most is the gas consumption is not all its cracked up to be, sorry but if you want this car you should look elsewhere, what i might do is try to get rid of the yaris and get myself a mazda 3 or something,,,,so fu33ing pi55ed about this car

Sorry to hear about your troubles...you have the sedan varient? I thought ac was standard on the Yaris? Or is that U.S. models only? Well for a new car, generally gas will be worst than estimated cause the car needs time to break in and it should improve as your car breaks in, ultimately its how you drive. What was your previous car? Did you do extensive research on this car? test drives? I'm not bashing you or putting you down, just trying to search of the problems and trying to see where your coming from. Did you have any other cars in mind before you bought the Yaris? Like Corey415 said maybe you have "lemon," did you take it too the dealer or does that not matter in this case? Well again sorry and keep us up dated on this.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
Uglyboyed

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S Flint Mica
Send a message via AIM to Uglyboyed Send a message via Yahoo to Uglyboyed
wow the problems you haveing with ur car, im really happy with mines.. the ac is great (kinda noisy). and im in florida. and i save 100 a month on gas.
Uglyboyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:13 PM   #5
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
If it is only the a/c then that is not problemSSSS. It is a single problem which should be able to be fixed easily by service if indeed it is a problem. A/C in cars are so different. I have had some that spit out the cool air and some that spit it out after 20 minutes. The Yaris S is much better than my Scion tC for A/C.

What kind of mileage are you getting? Are you having other problems? engine? paint? wipers? upholstery? radio?

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #6
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
There's such a thing as taking the yaris to the service people and have them fix whats wrong.

I thank my lucky stars every day that I got the yaris. What a great car.

Last edited by foober; 06-14-2006 at 06:17 PM.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:16 PM   #7
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
i love my yaris, it is a great little car, but i guess it also depends on what your expectations for it are,
when saying it is weak, you did notice that it has a 1.5l engine before you bought it, right?
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Well, needless to say... I disagree. The AC in mine is fine. I'm getting killer mileage. For a $10K car, I'm pretty stoked.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #9
NickNickNick

Drives: 06 Silver Yaris 3-door Manual
I've had mine for 7 months, and other than the occassional fill on a gas and one oil change, no money spent, no problems whatsoever...brilliant car for the price.
NickNickNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:37 PM   #10
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
I like my yaris also, the air is just fine, and it is an option to canada models, and the gas consumption is what I expected..

you think the mazda is any better? the gas will be the same, as well as the air, we owned a mazda protege,

and finally what did you expect for a car with 106HP??
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #11
markpeppie

Drives: yaris 2007aero
hey peeps when i said weak weak weak, i meant overall not power!! should i just bring it to the dealers and have them check it?? will they charge me for that?? believe me guys i'am not bashing, i just wanted feedback from other owners, thats why were here right??
markpeppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:33 PM   #12
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpeppie
hey peeps when i said weak weak weak, i meant overall not power!! should i just bring it to the dealers and have them check it?? will they charge me for that?? believe me guys i'am not bashing, i just wanted feedback from other owners, thats why were here right??

Well if your bringing it in because it "let you down" sort to speak and you have a low opinion on it, I don't think Toyota or anyone can do anything about that...but if there's legitimate things wrong with it, then yes, its under warranty right? So Toyota shouldn't charge you for it. Good luck!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:40 PM   #13
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
I've had my car for a little bit over a month now and I've noticed no problems with the power of the A/C or engine. Maybe you should bring it in and have it looked at if you are having that big of a problem, after all it is still under warranty considering it's a new car. :)
devinlamothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:23 AM   #14
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
yes, standard 3 year bumper to bumper warranty will cover the AC if it isnt working properly, the only problem with my AC is that it is to cold...guess that will be a good thing when it gets up to 95^ outside
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:27 AM   #15
lowkey

Drives: 90 Integra, 07 Yaris
Did you test drive it before you bought it?
We tested ours twice.
So far so good with our Yaris.
It is a great little car for around the city.
I ease into the gas pedal on a light, barely pushing it and I still pass regular drivers. (not like I am trying to race or anything)

Please be more descriptive on your 'problems'. The A/C is fine in my Yaris.
Its yours manual or auto?
lowkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:50 AM   #16
El Jefe

Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
hey man i'd rather have a crappy a/c than none at all. my car gets 32mpg and it only keeps getting better while it's breaking in, i only have 1300miles on it so far. my girlfriends mazda 3 s (2.3l) only get 24-26mpg.
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #17
pyromedic

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
As some of the previous posters have said....

My a/c on my 07 sedan is very capable and I live in Florida, it's one of the strong points of the car in my opinion.

My gas mileage is 40mpg average.

I'm very happy with my yaris, sucks to hear someone else is having problems.
pyromedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:27 AM   #18
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
huh. strange. Sounds like you are the only person think:
1 A/C is bad
2 mileage is bad

Ok, A/C is not as great as my sister's G35 or my parent's Accord. But is just as well as other compact/sub-compact my friends or co-worker have. And you mentioned the mazda3? holy hell but that car sucks like $h!t (sorry to tell ya). My co-worker have it and it's terrible. Drivetrain wise, a/c wise, mileage wise....etc you name it (compare to my Yaris), and she pay much more than what i paid for my Yaris.