Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
REs
I've made a post!

Drives: alha 147
Which second hand Yaris to buy? 1.5-1.8 T Sport or 1.3 base?

Hi Guys, i am looking for a low kilometer Yaris, i prefer not to go with 1.o liter models, i like to have a good car for highway too, but between T Sport models & 1.3 ,i feel a desire to get a TS versions, but do the 1.3 models make more sense,with their better fuel consumption ? any tips please ?
REs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
that is completely up to you. take a drive in them and just see what you like best. Gas mileage is good, but not if you want power. i bet the 1.8 is pretty decent as well.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:36 AM   #3
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
If they had a 1.5 or 1.8 TSport/RS/S/etc in the states, I would have gotten one, but alas we only have one option: 1.5 base with some different packages.

I'd go with the 1.8 TSport, but that's just me.

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
ItalianYaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris TS
Send a message via AIM to ItalianYaris Send a message via MSN to ItalianYaris
It depends really. I have a 1.8 TS/RS model, and I have driven both, but I will be honest with you, they feel like two totally different vehicles. The TS is a bit more heavy, and it drives much more like a more expensive car, the engine is much smoother and the responsiveness is quick in comparison to the 1.5. You will not get the same amount of MPG in the 1.8, Im afraid the engine is quite intoxicating. There is a thread that 1.8 owners talk about their MPG and it varies hugely. If you are looking for economy, the 1.8 TS/RS is not the car for you. The 1.5 is a much better package for that. If you are looking for a more sophisticated Yaris, with performance in mind, then the 1.8 is the choice. It is your choice at the end, but you should drive both to feel the difference, believe me, is quite a difference between the two. Have fun shopping!
ItalianYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:30 AM   #5
rudi2

Drives: 1.s t
hi i am in the same dilema
i like the look by far of the 1.5t which we get here over the 1.3 or lower engine models as this comes well specked. but mpg is important but do need to get from a to b in relative comfort.
rudi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
henry98

Drives: toyota
its your decision that which is comfortable to you for driving and in oil consumption. i think 1.8 is better

Tags
1.3 base?, 1.5, 1.8, t sport