Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
gtrail

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Question 2012 Fleet Sedan - Add keyless or cruise?

Has anyone purchased a 2012 Yaris sedan? These were only sold as fleet vehicles (exclusively to rental car companies, I presume).

My two modification questions are:

1) Has anyone added cruise control to a 2012 yaris sedan? Other forums indicate this is possible, yet I have not seen anyone post that it has actually been done.

2) Has anyone added OEM keyless entry? As every 2012 sedan comes with power windows and door locks, I wonder if I could add the OEM keyless reciever and program new keys w/ remotes to work. I assume that the 2012 is like previous model year sedans with the Power Package (yet minus the optional keyless entry), although this is purely a guess.

Any other comments from members who have attempted these modifcations on 2012 Yaris sedans would be greatly appreciated! Cost is not really an issue as I do not like the new Yaris or other new products. I need to replace my 2008 Yaris sedan w/power package (giving it to my little brother).

Last edited by gtrail; 02-14-2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors :(
gtrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
JustPassinThru

Drives: No more Yaris
My 2012 came without cruise control. Manual windows and no keyless or chipped keys.

I added the cruise control. Rather, I paid to have it done.

The wiring is all in there even if it wasn't spec'd; if your shop has the right kit, there are controls that are factory-identical. Once plugged in, even the dash indicator light works like a factory install.

I forget what I paid - seriously. It was a busy time for me and this was a must-have. But it works fine, except that it's a bit quick to downshift on upgrades.
JustPassinThru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Cruise control is very easy. See my DIY, linked below my picture. Also, I sell all of the parts necessary for installing cruise for considerably less that dealer or mail order pricing.

OEM keyless is another story. You would need the Door control receiver (which is over $200) as well as the body ECU which support OEM keyless. The body ECU lives within the under dash fuse panel, so you have to change that entire chunk to do so. Aftermarket keyless can be installed for less than $50 or remote start for not much more than that.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:03 AM   #4
gtrail

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
thanks!

Your responses are helpful. Thank you!
gtrail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, cruise control, keyless, sedan