Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #1
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
Garrett Turbo kit

Hello Steven,

Thank you for the compliments! We appreciate them greatly.

I wish that I had better news for you as well as others looking to boost their Yaris. While Toyota ’s newest sub-compact to hit these shores is a great car, Garrett currently has no plans to produce a turbo kit for it. Garrett turbochargers can, of course, be used to boost the Yaris, but no complete kit is scheduled.

Regards,

Garrett Gearhead
Old 04-10-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
garrett very very rarely makes full turbo kits for cars, most often an aftermarket company makes the manifolds and pipes and assembles the pieces together for the kit. These companies use Garrett turbos. A better bet would be to contact Greddy, Apex'i, HKS companies like that. Currently only Why industries retails a turbo kit for the yaris, ZPI is set to release their kit in a week or two.
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Way to go Shrek
Old 04-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #4
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboyaris View Post
garrett very very rarely makes full turbo kits for cars, most often an aftermarket company makes the manifolds and pipes and assembles the pieces together for the kit. These companies use Garrett turbos. A better bet would be to contact Greddy, Apex'i, HKS companies like that. Currently only Why industries retails a turbo kit for the yaris, ZPI is set to release their kit in a week or two.

Ive contacted Greddy 2 times already and they havent answered....I was gonna call 2 days ago but I havent had a chance because im dealing with school and this court thing thats going.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
Greddy have the Scion Bb/Xb turbo kit which retails for $2995.00 It was never test fitted on the Scion and most likely will not work because the piggyback Emanage computer was pretuned for the Scion ECU. That's not to say that it can't be "made" to work but you will have some extra time and expense associated with trying to make everything work.
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
you would figure they would be all over this, if the car pretty much shares most of the same parts and the only real major difference is the tune. You would figure they could spend the time to do the research on what would make it work for the yaris...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Z33 View Post
Greddy have the Scion Bb/Xb turbo kit which retails for $2995.00 It was never test fitted on the Scion and most likely will not work because the piggyback Emanage computer was pretuned for the Scion ECU. That's not to say that it can't be "made" to work but you will have some extra time and expense associated with trying to make everything work.
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
Dezod
The Scion Guru

Drives: Scions
We are considering coming to market with a kit for this car. Plans are on the boards for sure.
W: www.dezod.com

Your leading source for all of your performance needs! From turbos and components, to brakes and suspension, Dezod has you covered.
Dezod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #8
Vic-2NZFE

Drives: Yaris 2NZFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07typeS View Post
you would figure they would be all over this, if the car pretty much shares most of the same parts and the only real major difference is the tune. You would figure they could spend the time to do the research on what would make it work for the yaris...
You are right it was the same 1NZ-FE engine, i dont see a difference

It's a Vitz!
Vic-2NZFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #9
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod View Post
We are considering coming to market with a kit for this car. Plans are on the boards for sure.
This is the same thing everyone tells us... Plans... Idea's... that's all anyone has... Sooner or later I'm going to just forgo the whole idea because of all the "Brushing off" I’m getting about this...and if it ever does get released it will be caring a price tag one third (1/3) the price of this car… 3-4 grand… If SOMEONE would put together a $2000 max turbo kit for this car… I bet they would not be able to keep them in stock! It’s not like the Yaris needs a big turbo, or a big waist-gate… fuck it’s a 1.5 liter engine! I might NEVER turbo-charge my car because of this crap… It's almost at that Principle moment... Hell... I would even do ITB if that was released first!

Sorry...had to get that out!

Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #10
Dragonacc

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 70 Mach 1, 84 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
This is the same thing everyone tells us... Plans... Idea's... that's all anyone has... Sooner or later I'm going to just forgo the whole idea because of all the "Brushing off" I’m getting about this...and if it ever does get released it will be caring a price tag one third (1/3) the price of this car… 3-4 grand… If SOMEONE would put together a $2000 max turbo kit for this car… I bet they would not be able to keep them in stock! It’s not like the Yaris needs a big turbo, or a big waist-gate… fuck it’s a 1.5 liter engine! I might NEVER turbo-charge my car because of this crap… It's almost at that Principle moment... Hell... I would even do ITB if that was released first!

Sorry...had to get that out!

$2000 is all your willing to spend on a turbo kit? Hate to break it to you, but that would be a crap kit. Good parts cost money. Small turbos aren't much less expensive than big ones, same goes for all the other parts.

You might be able to piece together a kit for $2000 yourself, but don't expect a company to do all the work and recoup R&D, manufacturing costs, etc. for that price. And if a company did manage to get a kit out for that price it would probably be the worst kit ever, mild steel, no name BOV and wastegate, etc.

Sorry man, gotta pay to play. (Which again, is the reason I think it's a waste on this car...but that's just my opinion)
Dragonacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #11
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
I have a turbo kit available for $3000 grand, who want one?
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #12
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
why turbo, just by a Lotus engine I say..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #13
cdydjded

what lotus engine?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #14
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonacc View Post
$2000 is all your willing to spend on a turbo kit? Hate to break it to you, but that would be a crap kit. Good parts cost money. Small turbos aren't much less expensive than big ones, same goes for all the other parts.

You might be able to piece together a kit for $2000 yourself, but don't expect a company to do all the work and recoup R&D, manufacturing costs, etc. for that price. And if a company did manage to get a kit out for that price it would probably be the worst kit ever, mild steel, no name BOV and wastegate, etc.

Sorry man, gotta pay to play. (Which again, is the reason I think it's a waste on this car...but that's just my opinion)

I am willing to spend more then $2000...I was just saying that if they kept the rice down on it they would sell out quicker!

I thought I explained that...

"If SOMEONE would put together a $2000 max turbo kit for this car… I bet they would not be able to keep them in stock!"

Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #15
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
what lotus engine?
When he says this he means the 2ZZ. The same motor found in the Celica. Just tuned a lil differently to get a lil more HP out of it.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #16
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-2NZFE View Post
You are right it was the same 1NZ-FE engine, i dont see a difference
The ECU location on the Yaris makes a difference. That damm computer is too close to the exhaust manifold
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:37 AM   #17
Dragonacc

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 70 Mach 1, 84 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
"If SOMEONE would put together a $2000 max turbo kit for this car… I bet they would not be able to keep them in stock!"

And I'm telling you, they wouldn't sell any kits after motors started blowing up. No one can build a quality kit for that price unless it's total DIY, and even then it won't be that great.
Dragonacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #18
cdydjded

Repeat: I have a kit for 3K, who wants one?