Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #127
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Actually I did find some alot cheaper than that, but without as many features. Getting them with DVD,GPS ,bluetooth etc is a little more time consuming. But ya gotta realize too the quality has got to suffer at some point for sure. I think that was about as low as I'd trust. after this, it goes to CE 5.0 and into nooneknowsville....
Old 09-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #128
raffix74

Drives: Yaris i10
Excuse me, how many colors you have available for the buttons ? I only get the red / green / orange and neutral.

Last edited by raffix74; 09-20-2010 at 08:39 AM.
raffix74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #129
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
raffix74 we have the same backlight color options (as i believe others as well): green, red, orange, off (except the SRC button remains red at all times).

-toy

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #130
raffix74

Thanks Toy, is like mine
Old 09-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #131
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper

Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
I'm saving up for mine.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:33 AM   #132
raffix74

Toy Hello, I noticed that not all menu options are enabled, too?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #133
Dragracer
Yaris Noobie

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 Door
Does anyone have one of these?

http://www.autodvdgps.com/allinone-g...pod-p-846.html

Toy, is this the same as yours?

http://www.dhgate.com/custom-car-dvd...9b8026764.html

Ronnie

Last edited by Dragracer; 09-21-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Dragracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #134
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I Don't think I read anything if its plug and play, is it ? Fitment for a 07 sedan ? I am sure it will fit but would the connectors be same ?
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #135
wsladaritz
Y4R1Z

Drives: Yaris LB
This looks pretty slick, but I want to know if anyone has it rigged to play video while driving... I know it's dangerous, irresponsible, stupid, unnecessary... just wondering.
wsladaritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #136
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
I wonder too, my wife could watch a movie when we're on road trips. Yeah I think trying to watch and drive would be foolish, but passengers it would be cool. We do road trips to St Louis and Springfield to see family and friends and it would be cooler to have it in dash rather than some little player ya cant hardly hear.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #137
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
There is a way to do it by bypassing the ebrake wire or something like that.

I am sure ctscott could tell you. He is THE MAN around here when it comes to wires:D
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #138
chrisj

I see nothing any different watching a DVD while driving than talking on a cellphone. What idiot is going to stare at the damn screen, not paying attention to the road? You check your mirrors and speedometer, which means you CAN look away from the road for a minute without killing yourself. You can hear the DVD playing and glance over. I guess manufacturers think everyone's a fool.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #139
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
I Don't think I read anything if its plug and play, is it ? Fitment for a 07 sedan ? I am sure it will fit but would the connectors be same ?
It is plug 'n play on my hatchback, should be the same for the sedan but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsladaritz View Post
This looks pretty slick, but I want to know if anyone has it rigged to play video while driving... I know it's dangerous, irresponsible, stupid, unnecessary... just wondering.
I did not have to do anything special with the wiring, you can say it's already "rigged' to play videos while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy_toronto View Post
<snip>

DVD/Video Playback
I understand some see this as a major hazard but please, no flames. I don't intend to watch DVD movies while driving --that's just plain stupid. I have a giant HD LCD screen in the basement for that purpose. It'll be used for passengers only or as I'm waiting for people in the parking lot. There are lots of variations of these things on EBay but I made sure the one I bought is capable of Picture-in-Picture.

Clarkson on Stig: "** Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all his legs are hydraulic... "

<snip>

-toy

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #140
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
I see nothing any different watching a DVD while driving than talking on a cellphone. What idiot is going to stare at the damn screen, not paying attention to the road? You check your mirrors and speedometer, which means you CAN look away from the road for a minute without killing yourself. You can hear the DVD playing and glance over. I guess manufacturers think everyone's a fool.
it is all about the lawyers nowadays. I mean when Toyota sold the last gen Celica it came with a warning page hung on the rear view mirror.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #141
chrisj

I'm getting the one Toy has, so I should be able to watch away! Now if I could just rig up something so I could play video games while driving. :/
Old 09-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #142
Dragracer
Yaris Noobie

OK, I ordered mine today off DHGate for #369.00 delivered. Will post installation and review when I'm done!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #143
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Does anyone knows how to bypass the e-brake? so it will play while the car is been drivin
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #144
Dragracer
Yaris Noobie

Toy_Tronto said nothing needed to be done. You know something we don't??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Does anyone knows how to bypass the e-brake? so it will play while the car is been drivin