Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
Unicron

Drives: Bayou Blue HB 07
Differential bearings worn out - car shaking

At around 36 km/hour, the whole car starts shaking. I have rotated the tires and it made no difference, so the vibration is definitely from the transmission/drive shafts. Today I looked underneath the car to look at the transmission and I could move the (driver side) cv joint around a bit probably 3/16" of an inch of free play, and there is a little oil leaking from the transmission there. I think the differential bearings are worn out allowing the drive shaft to wobble at certain speeds - causing the shaking.

Has anyone had this problem before? Its 2007 with 120, 000 km 2dr HB.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to fix this?
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bearing, differential, front, shaking, vibration