Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #19
marschall

Drives: vitz 06
The only problem is that it is not illuminating i just mailed pivot lets see i will keep you posted if you dont mind sir
marschall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #20
tforkner

Drives: 08 liftback 5 speed
Cars have been started with keys since just after WWII (OK, not sure about that) for a reason. The only cars I ever had with start buttons had them because I bypassed bad wiring or key switches. I really don't get why start buttons are all the rage right now- they seem pre-tailfin to me.
tforkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #21
1.5ty
Rollerskate

Drives: 09 hb
hey scott is there a way to start the car with the push start and not have to have the key at all like a switch you can hide and flip when you wanna hit the pts butten
1.5ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:08 AM   #22
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5ty View Post
hey scott is there a way to start the car with the push start and not have to have the key at all like a switch you can hide and flip when you wanna hit the pts butten
You would have to remove the lock cylinder to get rid of the steering column lock. That eliminates a level of security for theft of your car, but if your 09 has the engine immobilizer, you would still need to wave the key by the receiver (the black rings around the key switch) to allow the car to start.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #23
1.5ty
Rollerskate

i dont have a chip its just a key and hey if you could or if you ever get a chance could you show me what wires i need to hook the new button that way when you have it off you cant do noting and with it on you can sttart the car listen to the radio every thing like a key but without the key
Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
i dont have a chip its just a key and hey if you could or if you ever get a chance could you show me what wires i need to hook the new button that way when you have it off you cant do noting and with it on you can sttart the car listen to the radio every thing like a key but without the key
Actually, thinking about it a bit more, with a basic momentary switch, all you can do it crank the starter. You still need something else (the key, another switch, etc.) to turn the engine on/off and to have things like ACC mode. The OEM PTS and some of the aftermarket ones have logic behind the switch that allows for the different modes (push once for ACC, again for ON, a third time to start, then hold for 3 seconds to kill).
Old 02-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #25
hachi-roku_fan

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla
CTScott, do you think it would be possible to use the PTS system from a Lexus, that uses no keys at all, just sensors? Or is that a function that is limited by the ECU?
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #26
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachi-roku_fan View Post
CTScott, do you think it would be possible to use the PTS system from a Lexus, that uses no keys at all, just sensors? Or is that a function that is limited by the ECU?
The OEM PTS system uses a different ECM, so even using an OEM Yaris/Vitz one from an area where that feature is available is impractical.

There is a complete aftermarket system that has been discussed on MI:

http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...-Entry-for-279
Old 02-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #27
1.5ty
Rollerskate

hey scott I see that you said you made a pts setup how does your work I don't have a chip in the key and don't have power but I really don't wanna use the key other then to unlock the doors I wanna have mine set like a rally car flip a switch and then hit the button to start the car no keys
Old 02-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #28
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
hey scott I see that you said you made a pts setup how does your work I don't have a chip in the key and don't have power but I really don't wanna use the key other then to unlock the doors I wanna have mine set like a rally car flip a switch and then hit the button to start the car no keys
My module lets you use an OEM PTS switch and allows you to start and kill the engine.

For what you are looking to do, you would basically be replacing the keyswitch with your flip switch and then could use my module, or just a simple momentary switch for cranking the starter. The one downside to what you are thinking of doing is that without the key/steering column lock or the engine immobilizer it would be very easy for someone to steal your car.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #29
1.5ty
Rollerskate

hell if someone wants my car ill give them a hr head start then call and say someone stole it i like my car and hate it at the same time
Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #30
isra

Drives: 2007 Yaris hb
if i install your pts module and i dont have the factory immobilizer do i still need to put the key in the ignition switch??
Old 07-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #31
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by isra View Post
if i install your pts module and i dont have the factory immobilizer do i still need to put the key in the ignition switch??
Yes. To unlock the steering column.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #32
isra

Drives: 2007 Yaris hb
is there a way to do it so that i dont need the key
Old 07-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #33
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by isra View Post
is there a way to do it so that i dont need the key
At this point not really. If I get around to adding the RFID interface to it, then that will completely take the place of the key.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:59 PM   #34
Mrdea321

Drives: Vitz 2006
Hey scoty i converted my yaris to totally push start with keyles entry.i change things
changed the complete dash board wiring of push start yaris
Smart card ecu
Smart door receiver control
Push start button
And given attached 3 antenas.
And door handles and its wiring.but im facing my door sensor wlare nit working i think due to wiring.they dont detect my key remote when i near i had to unlock manually by remote with unlock button.can anyone help regarding door wiring?
Mrdea321 is offline   Reply With Quote