Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
IndIka123

Drives: 2012 Yaris LE Hatchback
Windshield Wash Fluid Wont Stay At Full Line

I've noticed when I fill the tank to the full line, go for a drive and come back the washer level has dropped down again. This has happened 3 times. Just bought the car used 3 days ago out of warranty. I'm just curious is this normal or is it leaking some where I cant see. There is nothing leaking out the bottom of the car I've been checking for days, where could it be going?
IndIka123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Normal. The reservoir "burps" as the fluid moves. Also please post your topics in the right section from now on. This belonged inthe service section. I moved it for you.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
IndIka123

Thanks and sorry, Just joined, will post more accurately next time. Should I just keep topping it off until it stays full?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
Astroman
Modded Moderator

If you'd like it won't hurt it. What I do is top it off, then rock the car back and fourth (in park, I have the automatic) and it burps and then I can fill it up. I don't know about yours but mine has the extra large resivoir that can hold a gallon if I empty it. It's nice being able to empty the entire bottle. But you don't have to top it off all the time unless you want to use the rest of the bottle.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
IndIka123

Thanks man I will try your method. I do not have the All Weather Package, no sensor and no gallon tank, just a 2.3 liter tank, little guy. I live in the pacific northwest so I will barely ever use the washer fluid considering it rains every day. Thanks for your time. I have been a little neurotic the last few days after I bought the car used private sale, been checking every little thing. I'm trying to get used to the no temperature gauge, and I still haven't located the transmission fluid dip stick. From what I've gathered from this site is that its under the car some where and not easy to check. Thanks again.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Astroman
Modded Moderator

You're welcome. I'm in Central WA so the Cascade range keeps the rain on your side

Pick up a scanguage II. A large assortment of gauges and you can have four at a time going. I use RPM, water temp, fuel economy, and can't remember the last one as my car has been getting a custom paint job for over 6 months.

Welcome to the forums, you'll find an amazing amount of information on here!

Tags
washer fluid full level