Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-04-2022, 08:31 AM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Do You Live In or near Sudbury Ontario?

In July 2000 I passed through Sudberry on my motorcycle from east to west on the TransCanada Highway. I think it was east of Sudbury I stopped for gas. I passed through a cut in the road with about a 30 foot cliff On the right hand side. I noticed the rock was all fractured and distorted and I thought “something happened here a long time ago to distort the rock.“ I wanted to get a sample of the rock, but the traffic conditions did not permit a safe stop and park.

When I returned home I googled “Sudberry event” and discovered a meteor hit the Sudberry area or rather what is now the Sudberry area and left a 200 mile diameter crater 2 billion years ago. That is why the rock was all distorted. Sudberry is also well known for huge nickel deposits which have largely been mind. It Is thought this nickel came from the meteor.

I would like to return to the Sudbury area to collect a sample but that is almost impossible. I have Parkinson’s and I could drive there, but the legal requirements to enter Canada due to the Covid situation are just impossible for me to comply with. I just can’t do all the paperwork or even understand it!

Would you be willing to get a sample of this distorted rock for me and send me a piece? You’ll be well compensated financially for your efforts. Now I made a left-hand turn into a gas station down a short road to the left being westbound on the TransCanada Highway on the east side of Sudbury. Perhaps you can locate this place. After I bought gas, I went down a short road to the TransCanada and made a left-hand turn westbound on the TransCanada. The Rockliff I mentioned was directly in front of me as I made the left turn. That’s where I saw the distortion and fracturing. Perhaps you can find this place if it still exists or perhaps you know and have seen for yourself a place where this rock is fractured and distorted. I would like a sample and you’ll be well paid for your efforts! A baseball sized sample should be sufficient.

Thanks!

Last edited by bronsin; 09-04-2022 at 08:45 AM.
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:13 AM   #2
bronsin

I’m renewing my passport. They want to know if my gender has changed.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:47 AM   #3
bronsin

It looks like C anada has dropped all its Covid restrictions at the border!

All I have to do is renew my passport!
Old 11-12-2022, 08:53 AM   #4
Flubby

Drives: 2015 Yaris
I hope you can find the spot again, I had no idea an asteroid had hit up there. I have spent a lot of time up there and to the north of Toronto... some very nice areas to ride. Same with western NY on your way up there but it might be a bit late for riding this year.
Flubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #5
bronsin

You can read all about it right here. It’s getting a bit late here in the year and my passport hasn’t come back yet. But I still hope to go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudbury_Basin