Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-26-2022, 05:52 PM   #1
Cletus Garfunkle
Average KKT User

Drives: 2001 Echo
Stock Ecu limiter changed for 10$

ONLY TESTED WITH 1st GEN ECHO AND AUTO TRANS ECU.

Sorry if this was known haven't seen it on the search for the 5 min I looked.

If anyone can find me some datasheets on the IC's send them my way I'd love to try and get some data off the damn things.

TLDR: Buy 19.2Mhz quarts crystal for 8k rpm limiter solder it to ECU. Only tried with auto ECU should work with manual trans too.

Just a couple warnings this may cause weird issues with electronics from what I've been told by an old boomer. I have only tested it for a couple days seems to run and drive fine with little changes. Will update after awhile of driving.

Found some Russian forum he did it with a 1SZ-FE. It seems to work just fine with a 1NZ-FE and U340E.

This will change the rev limiter and make the trans shift at a higher rpm don't have a tac at the moment to confirm it but it used to limit at 70mph in 2nd gear now it limits at 80mph.

You will need new quartz crystals. stock are 16Mhz. I bought 19.2Mhz.

First find the crystals on the board and desolder them

Next Solder new crystals on I have 19.2Mhz.

Finally Go Test.
Cletus Garfunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:51 PM   #2
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
cool find, im not actualy suprised it works as this is VERY similar to the "pandoras box" mod for old alfa romeo 75/gt6s and someone back engineered it and found it was nothing more than a crystal change
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecu, limit, limiter, rev, stock