Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
tealio

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
looking for factory 15's or factory tires

i know this is in the wrong place of the forum, but i wanted to make sure i checked with local yarii's.

i have this bad feeling that toyota of richardson is going to put the stock 14 inch steelies on my sedan s, since i wasn't going to let them screw me on echo rims or whatever they put on there for the $665 "alloy wheel upgrade".

basically, i just want the decent looking factory alloys which i am buying from a toyota dealer in pennsylvania. that means i would need tires though if they put those 14's on it.

so if anyone has the 15'' steels they would part with i would buy either the tires or the whole wheels.

thanks for checking this out.. i cant wait till i actually get my baby!
tealio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
I will have a set very soon. I am putting on new wheels in the next couple of weeks. However I haven't seen any around with the 14 inch stock steelies. Are you sure your not getting the 15 inch steel. What rims did they try to give you? The only option you should have at that price is the 7 spoke accessory wheel. We don't get the RS style. Those 7 spoke don't look bad at all for factory.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
tealio

they had 10 spokes, there is a guy from dallas here that has them, i saw them on car domain.

i don't have anything against them, just ten spokes are too much and the rim looks so small with that many spokes.

i'm not sure what car they are off of, the dealers just told me this.

first they said they could not fine the exact car i wanted.
then they said the 5 spokes were only factory options.
then they said they found the car i wanted.
then i put a deposit on the car and they agreed that it would have the 5 spokes.
when i went to pick it up, they said the ten spokes were what we agreed on. plus, finally they figured out that the 5 spokes aren't available in the gulf states.

i have never been angrier in my life... they had to send 2 different sales managers over to talk to me.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

ok, your dealing with some dumbshits because they should know we don't have the RS in the US, I think you should get the 7 spokes from the link I sent you and put Falken tires on them or BF, you can go a little wider maybe 195 or 205/55/15 and have an improvement over those bridgestones

try http://www.edgeracing.com/ if you need some tires, good prices

just my suggestions

anyway, I did see a guy in houston with those 10 spokes and I was trying to figure that one out
Old 04-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
tealio

thanks, i really appreciate it.

it just sucks that they didn't tell me this until the car was paid for and delivered. they took $600 off the price of the car after i bitched them out for 30 minutes.

i found the 7 spokes at a dealer for $130 a piece.

they also say they have the 5 spokes for $198 a piece.

did you say they wouldn't have them in the US?

i would just like to not have to buy new tires immediately unless i have to.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #6
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

I haven't seen any US cars with 5 spokes they are available in Canada on the RS. They are quite a bit more expensive. Maybe another Echo wheel they are trying to sell you, dunno. I'd have to see a picture.

That's a fine deal on those 7 spokes. I would say buy them and have better tires mounted on the wheels. That's just me.

Keep the steelies that come on the car for spares or back ups. If you got the convenience package you should be getting 15 steelies anyway.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
tealio

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...=2&catalogid=2

this is a gnarly link... not sure if it will work or not.

but this is a illustration of the rims.. which i think are the 5 spoke.

did you say that other yarii's come with 15 " steel other than the "s"?

i have this feeling that they are going to swap with a liftback or a regular sedan and give me 14'' steelies, which i won't be able to use the tires with either 15'' rim. not the end of the world, but i was hoping to use the tires for a while and get some use out of them.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Convenience package = 15 inch steel

I haven't seen a Yaris with only 14 inch steel in Dallas. I am certain you will get 15 inch steel and you can use the Bridgestones if you want.

These look like the RS to me but I would call the toll free number first and make sure you are getting what you want. I like these way better than the 7 spoke.