Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
jyfro_13

Drives: BlazingBlueMetalic Yaris HB 09
Question Progress Lowering Springs vs Tanabe DF210 lowering springs

hey gyus i will like to know wicho one of this lowering springs..... thanks
http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...5&categoryId=4

http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...8&categoryId=4
jyfro_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
mario98c

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 09 STD
Yo tu me voy por los tanabe ya que son una marca buena y bajan bastante!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:48 AM   #3
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
I got the Progress springs a couple of months ago and so far I am happy with them. I guess the best answer would come from someone who had both... unlikely :)

I sometimes get clunking sounds from under the car (mostly from the rear) especially when I have another person sitting in the back, but I drive the car somewhat aggressively I believe the noise is due to the lowered suspension, be it Tanabe or Progress...
Old 01-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
I have the DF210s and they are a great smooth ride,biggest problem withthem is frame sits so low that carrying rear seat passengers is out if you encounter a speedbump,and any passengers is gonna make the frame clunk speed bumps if you have large ones to go over....it sits low.

You get used to it though....I never carry rear passengers anyway and the look of the car the way it sits is really good.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
bzinn, did you cut your bumpstops in half?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #6
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Alright, I put my Yaris to the ultimate test today I took 3 more adults and a baby on a trip from San Jose to San Francisco. The car was so low with 2 adults in the back that the mud guards would rub on the speed bumps in the Safeway parking lot

After I refueled (add another 80 lbs of gas to the load) the rear suspension was so compressed that I guessed it must have been less half the length of the coil when not installed. Right after getting gas I started hearing a deep loud vibration, which I attributed to the exhaust touching the axle somewhere, only at idle speed, waiting at a traffic light. I was kinda scared at the beginning because it sounded really bad, but, as I said, it would only happen at idle, so I eventually decided it was nothing too bad or worth canceling the trip or switching the car

All the way there and back I heard maybe a handful of clunks, going over some cracks or bumps in the road surface, but nothing too bad.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the car's performance. I expected the acceleration response to be very laggy and in fact there was no problem getting up to 70 mph. It also seemed to be a little louder on the uphill, louder than what I'm used to when I'm by myself, but I can't really tell if that's a true observation or just in my head...

Go Yaris!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
staypuft
aka SDMF

Drives: 07 LB Met Met
Send a message via AIM to staypuft
my buddy wants to swap out his df's for my progress springs. which spring is stiffer?

follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/samuryan_x
staypuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:38 AM   #8
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
DFs are stiffer than the Progress.

Source: http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...ing-rates.html

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote