Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
NEED HELP ASAP JDM Tails Install PLZ

Ok I took the drivers side tail light off, but I destroyed the connector, while doing that I believe I might of damaged some of the molex connectors, because they dont snap in to the JDM connector. I can slide some of them back and forth, but I pushed it all the way in thinking believing I wired everything correctly according to the diagram and still no power, nothing comes on. So I took evrything apart and tried to slide the molex connector on to the proper fin from the tail lamp and still nothing. I dont know what to do please help. Thanks
MrMondayNite
04 BMW 330 XI (Traded in)
03 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (gave to Dad)
01 Civic EX (gave to Mom)
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
MrMondayNite

Thanks Echo I have the turn signals and stop lamp working, but not the lights, when I turn my headlights on it doesnot light. I think it is the white/black wires. I cut and spliced these wires and still the lights do not come on when I turn my headlights on. Your diagram is better than the diagram I was working with. Looking at your diagram the lights that light up are probably the green to green wire. I guess I'll have to cut and splice to find out. Thanks again.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Before going any further, may sound stupid, but CHECK YOUR FUSES.

Sometimes while cutting wires, you may snip a power and ground at the same time, causing the circuit, in this case rear turn signals, to pop a fuse.

Its worth the 5 minutes it takes to check.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
What was the result? Did you manage OK?
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
MrMondayNite

Ok guys I have the drivers side tail lamp in and working. I believe my greens weren't connecting properly (green to green for the small lamp), due to me damaging the molex connectors. Also I thought the white/black to white/black were the wires that got hot when you turned on the headlights, but I was wrong the green to green get hot with the headlights. I still do not know what the white/black to white/black do. Regardless I didn't get a chance to install the passenger tail today, so I was driving around with 1 tail JDM 1 tail USDM today. Thanks Chris07LB I checked the fuses,everything was fine there and thanks Echo for the diagram. I'll update when I finish.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
MrMondayNite

Finished install, took about 10 minutes to do the passenger side. The only hard part was separating the molex connectors. This time I did not damage any of the molex connectors, so it was a snap. Now onto my next project installing Fogs. Hopefully this will start off better than the Tails. Thanks again.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #7
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
got any pics? lets see the result.
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote