Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #37
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
so you are basically claiming that todays multimillion dollar recording studios that record everything right on to a hard drive are crap. Sure, and if you buy that I have a bridge to sell you.
Sometimes, yes and I'm far from the only one who says this. Google it.

BTW, Multi million dollar recording studios?
With that remark you revealed that you know little abiout the recording process and the electronics/ hardware involved.

Multi million dollars to record a song and save it to a HDD?

There is an old computer saying " Garbage in.... garbage out" and digital music is simply a computer program and it's no better than what was originally digitally saved to a HDD. I suggest you educate yourself how digital music/sounds are actually created.

A digital recording may sound great to anyone who does not have an identical anilog recording/ playback of the identical source material to make an imediate A/B comparison but, digital is certainly is not 100% identical to the original sound..... close but not 100%
When CDs first became avaliable, most complained that they all sounded too harsh and artificial and they were 100% correct. Now, people who have no real experience with quality anilog have nothing to compare a CD to and think that digital is the absoute best because it is....... digital as if digital is some kind of magical medium.

However, there is a world wide resurgence of vinyl records among some young audiophiles as they discover how great they can sound (through a quality playback system) compared to their counterpart CDs. MP3s are a distant 3rd.
http://www.startribune.com/entertain...148220015.html

Digital does it make it much easier to reproduce and distribute (cheaper) copy after copy and this is one of the reasons why the recording companies promoted them in the begining. Then, the general public got on the "convenience" bandwagon.
However, it all backfired on them in the end.

I'm not saying that digital does not have a purpose.... I got a mp3 and CD players..
I'm just saying that anilog has the potential of being better qualty even it it lacks the portability/convenience of digital.

Last edited by RedRide; 05-09-2012 at 12:49 AM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #38
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I'm 24...went from having my sub volume at 7 outta 8 down to 1 outta 8. hahahahaha. I think I went out of my nothing but bass phase to actually being able to hear other (higher) frequencies. hahahaha
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #39
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
RR...you're posting in the wrong area for this analog vs digital discussion. Take the hint.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #40
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
RR...you're posting in the wrong area for this analog vs digital discussion. Take the hint.
You are not being civil.......take the hint!
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #41
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
I'm 50 now and still listen to Classic Rock on the way to work, 90's and newer Rock going home and head banger stuff most weekends. I have really never been into custom systems, concentrating more on car performance. Hell I guess my '01 Tundra has the best sound system I've ever owned and it's factory. In my case, I'd rather hear a group live and in person than through car speakers any day, but who can afford that this day in time?

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #42
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

^ I dunno man. My last concert was Eric Clapton last year. I'm going to Bonnie Raitt later this year. I'm also supporting the local aspiring bands by going to one of the local theaters and paying $10 at the door on the 16th...albeit they're not along the Hard rock/blues lines of EC and BR. They're more on the FFDP style.

What is fun is listening to a flamenco guitar duet at the local steakhouse who is recording while entertaining the patrons. I wish that I had more time to sit and listen. My uniform was getting to me and I wanted to get my mum home after the mother's day dinner. 20 minutes just wasn't long enough to listen to good guitar played live like that.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #43
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
57 years old, have 60rms per channels to the front and another 260rms for my sub in the back. I have classical, jazz, rock,pipe organ and dubstep music in my car,lmao. About the only stuff i dont listen to is Rap and Country. I can go from Diva Premal to Diana Krall and then to Korn,Red Hot Chili Pepper or Skrillex or Virgil Fox and Santana all in the same trip. To say I'm not confined to one style is an understatement! But Pink Floyd will always be my favorite.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #44
sickpuppy1

And while I really appreciate quality sound systems at moderate listening levels, My teenager and college student tell me to turn it down more often than you'd think......
Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #45
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
57 years old, have 60rms per channels to the front and another 260rms for my sub in the back. I have classical, jazz, rock,pipe organ and dubstep music in my car,lmao. About the only stuff i dont listen to is Rap and Country. I can go from Diva Premal to Diana Krall and then to Korn,Red Hot Chili Pepper or Skrillex or Virgil Fox and Santana all in the same trip. To say I'm not confined to one style is an understatement! But Pink Floyd will always be my favorite.
+1 on 70 w rms to the front

+ 1 on pink floyd (though in my case it is sharing the top place with metallica)
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #46
spocksleftball

Drives: 2011 yaris
Pink floyd only with sid should get +1...
spocksleftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #47
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Just a few thoughts...

The other day I was in Boston at a fancy building that had elevators to park the resident's vehicles, I was waiting at the entrance of the lobby and one of the car-elevator opens and a shiny Lexus comes out with this AWESOME .... Boom Boom, Psst Psst sounding through out a couple of windows all the way down. I had to asked him about his Stereo,... here comes the facts and reality:

Once I poke my head inside the car all the magic was gone! actually the car itself was performing as a big speaker enclosure that sounded really nice, but the guy driving the car wasn't getting all that magic sound I was hearing from a few feet away, instead it was way too loud and harsh to appreciate the song, I bet you can't really listen to music like that for long periods of time. (Hey this was me 15 years ago!)

What I'm happy about is all the effort I made building my system is paying off,and it sounds as good as the Lexus from the outside, but at the same time I get to enjoy the music.

I love BASS I really do and I'm 40 years old (O:

D.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #48
sickpuppy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spocksleftball View Post
Pink floyd only with sid should get +1...
I understand what you mean about Sid, but if it werent for him leaving, there would be no Wish You Were Here disk, since its about him! My fav disk.......
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #49
Highway Star

Drives: none
47 here, been gaming since pong. I game on xbox now. As for music, I like all kinds, but mostly listen to classic rock. My yaris still has the stock system for now. I don't care for loud heavy bass, I prefer rich clean sound.

Pink Floyd is #1 everything else falls under them

PS: Your too old when the box is going into the hole
Highway Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #50
Tempe

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
XBL = X Box Live.
Really? Last time I checked in a car audio forum it referred to the XBL˛ motor topology.

Tempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #51
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Quote:
How many guys and gals here are 30 + and still throw a bit of Bass in the trunk and hop on gaming systems like Xbox Live or PS3 ?

Reason I ask is some these youngsters look at me crazy when I tell them my age and I still enjoy bassing out.

30 here still Bass and hop on XBL !!
You must have Failed Reading Comprehension ?

Notice : Gaming Systems

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #52
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
...Virgil Fox...

It's too bad Virgil Fox's recordings aren't on par with modern microphone and mixing techniques. I could sure use a crystal clear Little Fugue or Toccata and Fugue in D minor from him. I have to "settle" for E. Power Biggs instead.

Take a look for On The Air by Dick Broekema off the Marantz Demo Disc. That is a nice 1:30 second pipe organ snippet that'll have you reaching to touch the pipes.

http://www.legalsounds.com/download-...r/song_5193894
Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #53
patm

Drives: 2007 yaris sedan
stuff

Quote:
Lolll I'm all for a debate just not in this thread.

2 things though

1). Use spellcheck

2). And keep your comments on the topic inside that thread. No need to drag it out over diff posts.

New debate thread being posted now.
Quote:
You must have Failed Reading Comprehension ?

Notice : Gaming Systems
I failed reading comprehension. Who cares about comprehension if you don't enjoy what your reading. I like applied math with respect to theoretical physics, specifically string theory.
patm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #54
12 yaris

Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica
What?
12 yaris is offline   Reply With Quote