Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
007 Yaris

Drives: Yaris 2007
Simota intake kit - filter options

Hi,

Just want to share with Yaris owner that I have recently bought the car and I am going to replace the factory OEM airbox with a kit that i just bought from the guys at simota.com.au (part number SIM-T023-POL). The intake kit comes with the piping doesnt come with an air fitler. I was told that it requires a 70mm neck filter. So I'm just wondering what are the filter options are out there. If any owner here has them, please let me know your thoughts.....

Seeing that there isnt much aftermkt parts in Australia, if anyone is interested in the intake give Robert (in Melbourne) a call and tell him T2 sent you...

Cheers
T2
007 Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #2
lunjiaow

Drives: Yaris
Hi,

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the yaris.
Is this kit a cold air intake or short ram intake.?
Well i have a fujita intake and the filter doesnt fit cause i have fog lights so i ended up using some cheap brand bought from repco.
If you got a short ram then you could try that brand 3A Racing. Lets lots of air in, but not much filtration. But if i could fit any other filter into my yaris i would go for the apexi or k&n ones.
lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
007 Yaris

Drives: Yaris 2007
Thanks for the info.

I ended up purchasing 3A Racing filter. Not much filtration ? I was told they scored the highest during test between some Japanese/US named brand.

(http://www.australianauto.com.au/HTM...erShootOut.htm)

A friend of mine who drives a Honda reckoned it is the best bang for buck filter....so I took his words.

Anyway, the kit is a short ram intake pipe. I love to drive so much more now....lol...

Cheers
T2
007 Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:19 AM   #4
lunjiaow

Drives: Yaris
Yep that's where i read it from. Autosalon magazine. But yeah its bang for buck.
Sounds good on WOT doesn't it.
lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
elijahsami

Drives: yaris hatch & sedan
(http://www.australianauto.com.au/HTM...erShootOut.htm)

If this article is true than i think i will replace my AFE pod with 3A.