Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
Speedz
Will work for Yaris...

Drives: Yaris
FCC ID etc info

Guys I've read several threads about getting a new remote for the Yaris and having no luck...

Since Australia Yaris model all have transponder etc means we have to get either the genuine from the dealer (god forbid) or off ebay...

I looked high and low in the Owners Manual and couldnt find the nessessary FCC ID and the other info regarding the remote and also pop over my now sticky tape covered remote and the only thing I found is the S/N on in the remote...

Anyone give me a hand please...?
Speedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
If you pop the left C pillar cover, the receiver is located underneath it and it should have the FCC ID on it or in a worst case, the Toyota part number, which can be referenced to an FCC ID.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
Speedz
Will work for Yaris...

Ok, would it be the same if I go to the dealer and ask for it...?

I checked on Ebay that the current Yaris remote there are different to my soft rubber cover which ofcoz not as durable as the current ones...

Just worry getting the wrong one and wasted money and not being able to start the car... :)
Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
B789
B789

Drives: Toyota Yaris
FCC-ID MOZB41TG
B789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
lunjiaow

Will be best to go to toyota and give them your vin number and they will match up the correct remote for you. It wont be cheap though.
If possible you can find maybe a wrecked yaris from the same year and you can use that key from it and add your cars transponder code to it. You may have to erase all the transponder codes from all your keys. In the US workshop manuals they have a procedure on how to code your remote and transponder.
lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
Speedz
Will work for Yaris...

Here is what i did... i hacked the original remote, made a incision to cut out the transponder and basically moved the remote module and transponder to a aftermarket key...

all done and it cost me less than 20 AUD... (including key cut...)