Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2017, 12:51 AM   #1
imran.niaziccl@gmail.com
Costello

Drives: Yaris 2012 Manual
Unhappy :( Check Engine Light with dropping Rpm

Hello all,
Can some one help me to diagnose my car problem its been a while that my car has check engine lights on been to repair shop but problem is still there

I drive Yaris 2012 manual 5 Transmission, from couple of days my car check engine light is on and car does not accelerate properly i have to press gas pedal more to make it accelerate and it doesn't runs smoothly with constant vibration and on shifting gears car jerks pretty badly.
Second problem is when i stop at signal or on a busy road car's rpm drops down below 5 and car engine vibrates as if car is going to die on me and then rpm jumps back to 1 and drops again and does it till i press gas pedal little bit. This problem is more common when i am using my air con and car radiators fan is working
I have been to repair shops changed the car spark plugs cleaned the throttle body clean the Mass air flow sensor tried car fuel injector cleaner but nothing has helped me
Thanks in advance for Helping me
imran.niaziccl@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:11 AM   #2
BLH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Did the repair shops use a diagnostic code reader to see what is causing the Check Engine Light to go On?
BLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:30 AM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
^ yeah

Obviously the car has been throwing readable codes. Unless you publish here what those codes were/are, nobody can help you.

What had the 'repair' shops done for you other than clear your codes, bill you, and send you on your merry way?
Old 05-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #4
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
MAF sensor ? remove it and clean it with a Q-tips and some tenner.... it should do the job
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:28 AM   #5
WeeYari

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by imran.niaziccl@gmail.com View Post
I have been to repair shops changed the car spark plugs cleaned the throttle body clean the Mass air flow sensor tried car fuel injector cleaner but nothing has helped me
Old 05-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #6
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
reading before posting eh.. just saw the title.. jumped on it.. lolll... welll in that case, I'm not a Toyota engineer but it may be something bad (yeaah yeaahh you can slap me in the face..)
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:26 PM   #7
imran.niaziccl@gmail.com
Costello

Hey all
First of all thanks for the replies the first auto shop did not used any diagnostic tool so after reading the replies i asked a friend to help with the matter who had a diagnostic tool and the error of my car showed in device is as below
P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch 'D' Circuit Low
Its show that the throttle pedal sensor needs to replaced or it has a faulty electrical connection today i am going to the repair shop i hope replacing the sensor solves the problem and hope its not ECM that needs to repair
Old 05-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #8
imran.niaziccl@gmail.com
Costello

I hope its not somthing bad @ ACKING QC
Old 05-25-2017, 08:47 AM   #9
WeeYari

Will no doubt be a sensor issue. We've had a couple reported instances of failure. Keep us updated.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:30 AM   #10
imran.niaziccl@gmail.com
Costello

Hey guys,
Sorry for the late reply, got my yaris throttle pedal and sensor changed from the mechanics last night but unfortunately the car problem didn't go completely.
My car is still doing the same thing the rpm drops down to 5 and car vibrates then jumps back and keeps on going like this the check engine sign also did not go so i am taking it back for computer testing secondly my car is manual it used to go at 140 to 150 km at 5 th transmission with RPM at 3 but now it requires higher RPM to achieve the same speed so at 140 the RPM Gauge is at 4.
Hope some one can help me with this situation

Tags
check engine light, rpm dropping<