Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #73
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Here's some shots from a Automatic Liftback I saw on Saturday while inquiring about the Scion xB. Looks like I'll be getting a liftback instead...

Sorry these are focused on the back, but I'm planning on gutting everything behind the driver seats to put in a flat deck for hauling gear.

(for those who care, ripping out this section will give you 6 more inches to work with)

The interior is quite plasticky - the arm rest is a total joke - but generally it feels pretty nice. I'm 6ft, and it didn't seem cramped at all.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:02 PM   #74
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
I am thinking of doing something similar but just because I can. Is there an easy way to remove the rear seats, or is it a pain?
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:13 PM   #75
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
Holy CRAPOLA, Amigos!!!!
As some of you may remember, I've been receiving contradicting info from my dealer on when I get my Yaris...original sales guy not there anymore, blah blah...Weeeeellll, I decided after Friday's conversation with them, I'd stop in today after work and talk to the sales manager (without an appointment)...he's actually a really nice guy. He asks me if I have a few minutes so he can get me my delivery date...OK so now all of a sudden I have a delivery date? Sure, i said I had all the time in the world if he could give me an actual date. He left for about 10 minutes and came back with, GET THIS, a delivery date of March 31 or sooner!!!!!
He said he found one somewhere else for me and even showed me the serial no. (which I had him write down on his card for me) and the 'status' was "on rail to Calary"...Best four words I've ever seen!!! I guess persistance pays off. I think I'm still in shock. So I get my car in 10 days instead of 8 weeks like he told me on Friday. Somebody pinch me, I'm delerious
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #76
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
I am thinking of doing something similar but just because I can. Is there an easy way to remove the rear seats, or is it a pain?
It looks pretty easy, actually. 2 (maybe 4) screws holding the back of the seat to the floor pan, 2 screws holding the bottom seat to the floor pan. The rest kind just pops out. Needless to say, I'll document the whole thing if/when I do it. The bummer is that the Liftback that's coming in has the 60/40 seats which already fold flat, so I may be tempted to just keep it like that, depending on how well everything fits.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #77
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit
Here's some shots from a Automatic Liftback I saw on Saturday while inquiring about the Scion xB. Looks like I'll be getting a liftback instead...
Sorry these are focused on the back, but I'm planning on gutting everything behind the driver seats to put in a flat deck for hauling gear.

(for those who care, ripping out this section will give you 6 more inches to work with)

The interior is quite plasticky - the arm rest is a total joke - but generally it feels pretty nice. I'm 6ft, and it didn't seem cramped at all.
so is it a base automatic model...?
the absolutely red does looks pretty good in picture...
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #78
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

It's a red automatic with the Convenience Package I think maybe the all-weather package (the splashguards, etc.). The red looks great in person, and I'm not usually a fan of red cars.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #79
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Munchkin
Holy CRAPOLA, Amigos!!!!
As some of you may remember, I've been receiving contradicting info from my dealer on when I get my Yaris...original sales guy not there anymore, blah blah...Weeeeellll, I decided after Friday's conversation with them, I'd stop in today after work and talk to the sales manager (without an appointment)...he's actually a really nice guy. He asks me if I have a few minutes so he can get me my delivery date...OK so now all of a sudden I have a delivery date? Sure, i said I had all the time in the world if he could give me an actual date. He left for about 10 minutes and came back with, GET THIS, a delivery date of March 31 or sooner!!!!!
He said he found one somewhere else for me and even showed me the serial no. (which I had him write down on his card for me) and the 'status' was "on rail to Calary"...Best four words I've ever seen!!! I guess persistance pays off. I think I'm still in shock. So I get my car in 10 days instead of 8 weeks like he told me on Friday. Somebody pinch me, I'm delerious
congrats on the promising news. I hope someday soon to hear such a report. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Plus thanks idjiit for your pictures. Good to just see a yaris on north american soil.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #80
birdy
I stay G'd Up

Drives: 02 wrx wagon
Send a message via AIM to birdy
this makes me want one even more

texas gets them last though

F!
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #81
jdgriswald
5-Door Envy

Drives: '08 Scion xD
Several dealers have already gotten them today in western Washington.
jdgriswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:19 AM   #82
roundysquare

Drives: scion xb
does anyone know if the Sedan's instrument panel can be swapped into the Liftback? Or maybe the Canadian liftback panel into the US? Eventually one of these cars are gonna end up in a pick-n-pull yard...or order the panel direct from the dealership.

I really want the tach but the damn US version is missing it! Don't want a chintzy aftermarket tach.
roundysquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #83
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Just FYI, you can now search in your area for a Yaris at http://www.buyatoyota.com/

Looks like so far the ones that are coming immediately all have at least the convenience package, which according to the website indicates:

* MP3/WMA Playback Capability and Auxiliary Audio Jack
* 60/40 Split Fold-down Rear Seat
* 15-in. Steel Wheels with Full Covers
* Rear Defroster

If I recall correctly, previously the Toyota website indicated that the 60/40 seats were only available with the Power Package, so this is good news!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #84
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

The ones with the Power Package indicate a tachometer as well, although that's not listed in the Power Package on Toyota's site.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #85
roundysquare

Drives: scion xb
If you read the legal fine print at the bottom of the website and ebrochures it states that the tachometer is only availible on the Sedan only. This is also confirmed in the spec's category.

I was just at my dealer in Mountian View, CA. They had a silver auto liftback and a silver S sedan. That's all. Sales guy said after the sales team gets orientation training in Sacramento that they should be expecting more shipments....who knows if he is telling the truth (he is a car salesman)

Asshole sales person wouldn't let me take either for a test drive...guess I'm taking my business elsewhere.
roundysquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #86
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

It's hard to know what's what at this point. The inventory listing contradicts the Toyota specifications in multiple places. I must admit I hope Toyota's website is wrong and the inventory is right!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #87
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit
Just FYI, you can now search in your area for a Yaris at http://www.buyatoyota.com/

Looks like so far the ones that are coming immediately all have at least the convenience package, which according to the website indicates:

* MP3/WMA Playback Capability and Auxiliary Audio Jack
* 60/40 Split Fold-down Rear Seat
* 15-in. Steel Wheels with Full Covers
* Rear Defroster

If I recall correctly, previously the Toyota website indicated that the 60/40 seats were only available with the Power Package, so this is good news!
The conveniece package also has a rear windsheild wiper.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:55 AM   #88
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Well, it's supposed to have one, yeah. I was just listing what was shown at http://www.buyatoyota.com (which theoretically should be the most accurate since it's probably what ends up on the sticker), which appears to be in conflict with what Toyota's indicating their packages include at http://www.toyota.com.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #89
littletegls
4m a 92 teg 2 a 07 yaris

Drives: 92 acura integra ls, 07 yaris
yaris liftback and sedan came into baltimore yesterday. for sale at most dealers, too.
littletegls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #90
birdy
I stay G'd Up

Drives: 02 wrx wagon
Send a message via AIM to birdy
if you guys want me to make a quality tach that mounts behind the steering wheel (like the john cooper works mini cooper) I prolly can. I've fabricated lots of stuff.
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote