Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-27-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
Door Lock Actuators

ok, i'm getting a Viper alarm put on my liftback and i really want to add power locks to it... the problem is, our cars have the new cable setup for the locks instead of the old rod type and all of the lock actuators i can find are made for the rod type.... anyway, there is a way to use the rod type actuators on the cable locks, but i really need a picture of this setup so i can add them to mine.... i've talked to my local install shops and no one knows how to do this... or aren't willing to for whatever reason,so i need a picture of someone who has had this done so i can either do it myself or show some of these shops so they can do it(that way i have a warranty on the install)... thanks

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
Uglyboyed

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S Flint Mica
Send a message via AIM to Uglyboyed Send a message via Yahoo to Uglyboyed
you may not be able to lock the doors once ur inside the car since the looks will only lock and unlock with the alarm remote
Uglyboyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
eight_heads

i'm not worried about that, i just want to be able to lock/unlock from outside the car... anyway, i can always add a relay with a momentary switch and diodes so that i have a lock/unlock switch in the cab if i want it... the wiring is not the problem with me, it's the actuators on the cables, i've never dealt with that before

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
Old 06-29-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
El Jefe

Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
it'll work, you just gotta get a little more creative with the mounting of the accuator to the lock, the cables wont be a big deal, it's still a push/pull setup.
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:17 AM   #5
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Visit AutoLoc's web site, or Google to find more info.

When we shaved the door handles on my show truck, we used all their parts (solenoids / poppers / relays / keep it clean wiring pigtails / ).

And NO, you do not have to shave your handles for this system to work, just dont let anyone tell you its impossiable. Shaving door handles and installing other means to open them has been around for a long long time!

Stick with the AutoLoc brand though. MANY other cheapo kits out there, but none compare! Dont cheap out here.

Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
eight_heads

well it should be getting installed next weekend and the installer told me that aamp(aka stinger) has a specialized actuator setup for the yaris... and i had him order it for me as well as the alarm... i guess we'll see how it turns out, the install is warantied for life

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
Old 07-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #7
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight_heads
has a specialized actuator setup for the yaris...
Id like to see that.. trust me, an actuator, is an actuator, is an actuator. Maybe he found one out of the HUNDREDS that looks to be a better fit, but mostly, they are all the same.

What you DO NOT want is any plastic plunger type actuator/solenoid, tell them you want it to be a "cable pull" only!

Good thing is you have a warrenty, but how many times do you want to have to use it? Get it done right the first time, and be done.

Just tryin to help.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #8
eight_heads

my guess is it's basically a pre-setup thing, in other words, it has the cable sheath holders, the cable holder and maybe like prebend rods and precut mounts or something....i'm going to make him show me the actuator setup before it is installed...i used to install alarms, so i know how to do it, i just don't want to deal with it...AAMP products are some of the best, so if that's what it actually is then i'm fine with it.. and yes, i know all actuators are pretty much the same(except for the one's with the micro-switches) but it's the setup themselves that change

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
Old 09-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
flip_yaris

Drives: white toyota yaris
power door locks

Anybody here can point me to the right direction to where I can get a power door lock for my liftback yaris. So please help me out. Give me a site and how much, so as direction on how to install it. Thanks much.
flip_yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #10
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
Visit AutoLoc's web site, or Google to find more info.

When we shaved the door handles on my show truck, we used all their parts (solenoids / poppers / relays / keep it clean wiring pigtails / ).

And NO, you do not have to shave your handles for this system to work, just dont let anyone tell you its impossiable. Shaving door handles and installing other means to open them has been around for a long long time!

Stick with the AutoLoc brand though. MANY other cheapo kits out there, but none compare! Dont cheap out here.

FLIP_YARIS INFO ABOVE...