Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
America Voted

Good luck Obama supporters!

Zogby Poll: Almost No Obama Voters Ace Election Test

Survey finds most Obama voters remembered negative coverage of McCain/Palin statements but struggled to correctly answer questions about coverage associated with Obama/Biden

UTICA, New York -- Just 2% of voters who supported Barack Obama on Election Day obtained perfect or near-perfect scores on a post election test which gauged their knowledge of statements and scandals associated with the presidential tickets during the campaign, a new Zogby International telephone poll shows.

Zogby Statement on Ziegler poll:

Only 54% of Obama voters were able to answer at least half or more of the questions correctly.

The 12-question, multiple-choice survey found questions regarding statements linked to Republican presidential candidate John McCain and his vice-presidential running-mate Sarah Palin were far more likely to be answered correctly by Obama voters than questions about statements associated with Obama and Vice-President–Elect Joe Biden. The telephone survey of 512 Obama voters nationwide was conducted Nov. 13-15, 2008, and carries a margin of error of +/- 4.4 percentage points.

The survey was commissioned by John Ziegler, author of The Death of Free Speech, producer of the recently released film "Blocking the Path to 9/11" and producer of the upcoming documentary film, Media Malpractice...How Obama Got Elected.

"We stand by the results our survey work on behalf of John Ziegler, as we stand by all of our work. We reject the notion that this was a push poll because it very simply wasn't. It was a legitimate effort to test the knowledge of voters who cast ballots for Barack Obama in the Nov. 4 election. Push polls are a malicious effort to sway public opinion one way or the other, while message and knowledge testing is quite another effort of public opinion research that is legitimate inquiry and has value in the public square. In this case, the respondents were given a full range of responses and were not pressured or influenced to respond in one way or another. This poll was not designed to hurt anyone, which is obvious as it was conducted after the election. The client is free to draw his own conclusions about the research, as are bloggers and other members of society. But Zogby International is a neutral party in this matter. We were hired to test public opinion on a particular subject and with no ax to grind, that's exactly what we did. We don't have to agree or disagree with the questions, we simply ask them and provide the client with a fair and accurate set of data reflecting public opinion." - John Zogby

"After I interviewed Obama voters on Election Day for my documentary, I had a pretty low opinion of what most of them had picked up from the media coverage of the campaign, but this poll really proves beyond any doubt the stunning level of malpractice on the part of the media in not educating the Obama portion of the voting populace," said Ziegler.

Ninety-four percent of Obama voters correctly identified Palin as the candidate with a pregnant teenage daughter, 86% correctly identified Palin as the candidate associated with a $150,000 wardrobe purchased by her political party, and 81% chose McCain as the candidate who was unable to identify the number of houses he owned. When asked which candidate said they could "see Russia from their house," 87% chose Palin, although the quote actually is attributed to Saturday Night Live's Tina Fey during her portrayal of Palin during the campaign. An answer of "none" or "Palin" was counted as a correct answer on the test, given that the statement was associated with a characterization of Palin.

Obama voters did not fare nearly as well overall when asked to answer questions about statements or stories associated with Obama or Biden -- 83% failed to correctly answer that Obama had won his first election by getting all of his opponents removed from the ballot, and 88% did not correctly associate Obama with his statement that his energy policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry. Most (56%) were also not able to correctly answer that Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground.

Nearly three quarters (72%) of Obama voters did not correctly identify Biden as the candidate who had to quit a previous campaign for President because he was found to have plagiarized a speech, and nearly half (47%) did not know that Biden was the one who predicted Obama would be tested by a generated international crisis during his first six months as President.

In addition to questions regarding statements and scandals associated with the campaigns, the 12-question, multiple-choice survey also included a question asking which political party controlled both houses of Congress leading up to the election -- 57% of Obama voters were unable to correctly answer that Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB

OMG!

Old 11-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

I'd really like to say this is all made up, but it's not. The drive by media is to blame and the fact that these people did not do their homework makes me sick. There is no other way to point fingers, sorry, but it's true.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
So where are the results for the McCain voters re: Obama? Stuff about Obama's religion, whether or not he was actually a U.S. born citizen etc. etc. I'm not refuting the accuracy of the results, but the evidence presented is pretty one-sided here.

Do we really have to be pointing fingers again? The election's over, and this thread's only going to open another can of worms...

Also, I'm sure the GOP-supporters here don't need a certain member seeing this thread and flooding it with ridiculous pro-Obama gloats.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

These are the facts. As for a Republican poll, it has not been completed and doubt there will be one. Regardless, Obama is the elect and I don't plan on getting into a pissing match with anyone about it. It's not a he said she said issue here. What matters is that the Demoratic party voted for him based on what they heard, not what they know.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Wow..all I'm gonna say.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 11-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #7
PaidTimeOff
OMGWTFKITTYKATMEWMEWMEW

Drives: 2008 Yaris S
according to some poll, that polled some Obama voters, from a company claiming to be non-partisan, producing a documentary titled "Media Malpractice...How Obama Got Elected" even before they get the results...

You see the problem there? The title of the documentary already skews the intent of the polls in one direction. You can't have one side get polled and blame the media for skewing their coverage without looking at how the media portrayed the other side. Obama supporters are going to ignore some bad things about their candidate just as McCain supporters have. Sorry, but fair's fair. If you trust the makers of this documentary, then you must also explicitly trust Michael Moore documentaries as fair and balanced.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

blaming the media is my opinion
Old 11-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Drives: Absolutely red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to jclo3313
I can feel the love on this thread.

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

nuttin but love, lol, I just wanted everyone to see what the Democratic party has to say, feel free to post anything about Rebublicans everyone. I'm sure someone will be on here to fight about it, so fight away, I'm not going to fight.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Drives: Absolutely red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to jclo3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
nuttin but love, lol, I just wanted everyone to see what the Democratic party has to say, feel free to post anything about Rebublicans everyone. I'm sure someone will be on here to fight about it, so fight away, I'm not going to fight.
I knew you were a lover not a fighter.

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #12
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Like I said in the last fight thread, I almost believe people should have to pass a test demonstrating they know what their voting for before casting their vote. I know it's America and all people have the right to vote, it's just really sad that most people don't know what their voting for.

I find it hard to believe that in this day and age, the media can still control an election. Ther are so many ways to get reliable info these days. And almost a billion dollars wasted, what a joke...
Old 11-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #13
jkuchta

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch (red)
The whole "weather underground" thing was the Swift-boat sham of this election. None of those claims about the depth of Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers can be corroborated by a third party, and are thus null. McCain LIED during the debate when he said Obama had announced his run for president in Mr. Ayer's living room, and a lot of the allegations against SDS and the Weather Underground are also unsubstantiated or just pure fiction.

To try and portray Obama as a terrorist sympathizer is the same as leaking the name of a CIA operative. Both actions seek to undermine the very feelings of security and trust that their perpetrators claim to hold so dear.

People are entitled to their opinions, and I support the voicing of those opinions....but to represent this "Survey" as anything other than propaganda is irresponsible at best.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #14
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkuchta View Post
The whole "weather underground" thing was the Swift-boat sham of this election. None of those claims about the depth of Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers can be corroborated by a third party, and are thus null. McCain LIED during the debate when he said Obama had announced his run for president in Mr. Ayer's living room, and a lot of the allegations against SDS and the Weather Underground are also unsubstantiated or just pure fiction.

To try and portray Obama as a terrorist sympathizer is the same as leaking the name of a CIA operative. Both actions seek to undermine the very feelings of security and trust that their perpetrators claim to hold so dear.

People are entitled to their opinions, and I support the voicing of those opinions....but to represent this "Survey" as anything other than propaganda is irresponsible at best.
Not propaganda, but a well respected polling agency, paid to perform this service. The answers were from Democrats, no one else. The answers and questions can not be disputed. No one told them what to say. The questions are factual and the responses are factual from Democrats. How can that be propaganda?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #15
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
Like I said in the last fight thread, I almost believe people should have to pass a test demonstrating they know what their voting for before casting their vote. I know it's America and all people have the right to vote, it's just really sad that most people don't know what their voting for.

I find it hard to believe that in this day and age, the media can still control an election. Ther are so many ways to get reliable info these days. And almost a billion dollars wasted, what a joke...
Yes, I agree
Old 11-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #16
PetersRedYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkuchta View Post

You yourself can claim to be an informed voter, but that's it... The fact is the uninformed McCain supporters were out numbered by the uninformed Obama supporters.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #17
jkuchta

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch (red)
The questions can be disputed, as I am doing right now. Obama did NOT start his political career in the home of two former members of the weather underground.

Also, the question is misleading. It implies that Obama was sympathetic to an organization which has been wrongly accused of conducting terrorist operations.

A polling agency will ask whatever questions they are paid to ask. They bear no responsibility for vetting any of the questions for accuracy.

Just remember Kcalb.....if you walk into a room and can't figure out within 5 minutes who the sucker is, it's because you're the sucker.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #18
PetersRedYaris

The poll isn't illegitimate just because you voted for Obama...

And seriously, you've resorted to name calling...
Closed Thread