Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
dadi_oh

Drives: RS 4 Door Hatch
Hood and Bumper Protection

Anyone try one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...8779QQtcZphoto

Applies to the whole hood, bumper, and mirrors. Just curious how the installation went, how it looks (or doesn't look ;-) and how durable it is.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
sleuzze

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Remember...

you usually get what you pay for. I have never seen or heard of that before but it doesnt look all that appealing to me. When i bought my car, the dealer took off all the plastic. Just my 2 cents.

S
sleuzze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
i had this done, but it was thru a glass shop that did my tinting & was made by a top line MFG flim .. they cut with a laser cutter with a computer program for the Yaris .. I got most of the front exposed sections of the car done . lifetime warrenty , after it gets way pocmarked you can replace it & that's better than a repaint anyday .. You can't tell it's even there until it;s pointed out to you... IT"S not easy to install & is not for a car that already has ding's
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
These have actually been around for a while now, but the earlier attempts suffered from chronic hardening and discolouration of the clear plastic. The car paint also faded in an uneven way.

They may have improved by now, but at the price listed on your link, I'd be wary.

Best bet would be to talk to your local tinting shop, as I bet the likes of 3M etc will have a better product.
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
dadi_oh

Drives: RS 4 Door Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret_san View Post
These have actually been around for a while now, but the earlier attempts suffered from chronic hardening and discolouration of the clear plastic. The car paint also faded in an uneven way.

They may have improved by now, but at the price listed on your link, I'd be wary.

Best bet would be to talk to your local tinting shop, as I bet the likes of 3M etc will have a better product.
Thanks. I was a bit worried about the paint fading as well. I might just live with the inevitable chips and get it repainted when it is too bad. The hazards of lining in the country...
Old 09-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
Nibs

Drives: 07 Yaris HB black
its to late for my front end already. 5 months, 10k later I got a few mini chips and dings on front bumper :(
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadi_oh View Post
Thanks. I was a bit worried about the paint fading as well. I might just live with the inevitable chips and get it repainted when it is too bad. The hazards of lining in the country...
There's always other alternatives.

Some in another post mentioned that these people were looking at introducing a car bra for the yaris. Looks mighty nice as well.... not quite in the $25 category though

http://www.colgancustom.com/carbon.shtml
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote